Which Princess Australia ships have the International Cafe ?

Sun = yes

Diamond = No

Dawn = No

Sea = No

Golden (Comming late next year) = yes

Sun got it in its last dry dock re-fit if I remember correctly.

Diamond just finished its massive dry dock overhaul and refit, so ain't getting one anytime soon. I was dissapointed as just got off this one.

Dawn has dry dock scheduled for May 2015. Only routine maintenance I believe. No plans here I'm afraid.

Sea has dry dock schedule for Oct 2015. Only routine maintenance I beleive. So no plans here either.

Golden's already got it.

Golden Princess already has it. It is nothing really spectacular or to be in awe of. It is ok if you like a light snack throughout the day but it is certainly not going to be ideal if you want a filling meal.

Sun = yes

Diamond = No

Dawn = No

Sea = No

Golden (Comming late next year) = yes

Sun got it in its last dry dock re-fit if I remember correctly.

Diamond just finished its massive dry dock overhaul and refit, so ain't getting one anytime soon. I was dissapointed as just got off this one.

Dawn has dry dock scheduled for May 2015. Only routine maintenance I believe. No plans here I'm afraid.

Sea has dry dock schedule for Oct 2015. Only routine maintenance I beleive. So no plans here either.

Golden's already got it.

Yes Sun definately got IC after last refit and was well received.

Given that and Dawn and Sea being next oldest I would have thought it a smart move by Princess to incorporate at next drydock.

The IC is very popular as a meeting place for a coffee and light snack and Princess need to respond to passengers requirements on these ageing ships. Barry :rolleyes:

Golden Princess already has it. It is nothing really spectacular or to be in awe of. It is ok if you like a light snack throughout the day but it is certainly not going to be ideal if you want a filling meal.

Where did they put it on the Golden?

Well considering that that is the intention of the International Café in the first place... ie. to have a light snack, I would say it's fulfilling its purpose. Whether you think it is awesome or not is immaterial, there are plenty of people that do think it is, me included. When we eat so much on a cruise it is nice to just go and have a light snack instead of making a pig of oneself all the time.

I thought the Diamond got it, in her latest dry dock??

I guess not?

Nope: You still need to use the Lobby Bar as the closest equivalent (I know, not much of a substitute really), but still serves speciality coffees...

The IC was my favourite spot to hit after ariving early from a shore excursion to a partially empty ship, for a toasted chicken Panini...yum...

Well considering that that is the intention of the International Café in the first place... ie. to have a light snack' date=' I would say it's fulfilling its purpose. Whether you think it is awesome or not is immaterial, there are plenty of people that do think it is, me included. When we eat so much on a cruise it is nice to just go and have a light snack instead of making a pig of oneself all the time.[/quote']

It is just basic buffet food a bit more glorified served by a waiter in the Piazza of the ship. If you have done the amount of cruises as me and have my history on ships you will easily recognise that everything on the menu was freely available in the buffet in past years.

It is not the break or make attraction to determine which ship I go on. Certainly not.

It is just basic buffet food a bit more glorified served by a waiter in the Piazza of the ship. If you have done the amount of cruises as me and have my history on ships you will easily recognise that everything on the menu was freely available in the buffet in past years.

It is not the break or make attraction to determine which ship I go on. Certainly not.

It is not just basic buffet food.... you don't get Panini or prawn salad or gelato or tiramisu or dried fruits etc in Horizon court. If you have been on soooo many cruises and are soooo knowledgeable about cruising you would know this.

Do you need a new girlfriend KarateMan? You should check out the runners up of My Kitchen Rules, Chloe and Kelly, they have been all around the world too and know everything too .... you could probably bore each other into a relationship. ;):D

There are a lot of food items in the International Cafe that are not available in the Horizon Court. :) In addition, some items in the Horizon Court are only available for part of the day because of the changing menu with the different meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

do you need a new girlfriend karateman? You should check out the runners up of my kitchen rules' date=' chloe and kelly, they have been all around the world too and know everything too .... You could probably bore each other into a relationship. ;):d[/quote']

ROTFLMAO!

I wouldn't wish those two on anyone! :p

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

It is not just basic buffet food.... you don't get Panini or prawn salad or gelato or tiramisu or dried fruits etc in Horizon court. If you have been on soooo many cruises and are soooo knowledgeable about cruising you would know this.

Do you need a new girlfriend KarateMan? You should check out the runners up of My Kitchen Rules' date=' Chloe and Kelly, they have been all around the world too and know everything too .... you could probably bore each other into a relationship. ;):D[/quote']

All of which were and have been previously availably on Princess ships probably much prior to you started cruising. If your cruise history reflected the number of posts you make then you might have some knowledge on the subject.

The international café is not something I see and gasp in awe of.

Do I need a girlfriend? - well you should have seen my exploits on my last cruise and the record time it took.

Do I use the international café? - when I am hungry.

Do I queue up for it? - no, but then again when you pop open a bottle of Dom Perignon in the nearby vines bar most of the staff will go out of their way to bring you anything you want.

Edited by KarateMan

The international café is not something I see and gasp in awe of.

Do I need a girlfriend? - well you should have seen my exploits on my last cruise and the record time it took.

Do I use the international café? - when I am hungry.

Do I queue up for it? - no, but then again when you pop open a bottle of Dom Perignon in the nearby vines bar most of the staff will go out of their way to bring you anything you want.

Forget about the International Café,I want to hear more about your exploits!

Elaine.

Forget about the International Café,I want to hear more about your exploits!

Elaine.

Glad someone has a sense of humour. I cant understand why anyone is up in arms because another passenger does not find the International Café has the wow factor. Such a travesty of justice.

So basically I meet this girl, 25 years old one night at dinner. To cut the long story short we retire to my cabin and only get 1 hours sleep before the next port. She was on the ship for 14 nights, I was on for 31 nights. On completion of my cruise in LA she drives up from San Diego to meet me in LA for the time I spent there before I went home. We are still in touch via facebook.

To cut the long story short we retire to my cabin and only get 1 hours sleep before the next port.

So what kept you up (awake) all night Sutho?

Edited by yatchet

Glad someone has a sense of humour. I cant understand why anyone is up in arms because another passenger does not find the International Café has the wow factor. Such a travesty of justice.

So basically I meet this girl, 25 years old one night at dinner. To cut the long story short we retire to my cabin and only get 1 hours sleep before the next port. She was on the ship for 14 nights, I was on for 31 nights. On completion of my cruise in LA she drives up from San Diego to meet me in LA for the time I spent there before I went home. We are still in touch via facebook.

Was her name Mia Palmer?