BOGO Buy One Get One 50% off on RCI

I also have had problems using the NCC and would NEVER purchase again. Just too many T&C associated with them.

I was able to use one with the BOGO sale. It does say they are combinable but it all has to be done manually and some consultants are just too lazy (I think) to do this. I stood my ground on this one with two phone calls one in the morning and another 1 hour on the phone yesterday afternoon

my invoice finally arrived all correct. The only problem was that the consultant said the OBC would not be applied until 2 weeks before the cruise, which I thought was strange.

I have used Princess and P&O FCC many times and the process is simply. Certainly not with RCL and I will be saving my money and never purchase again.

We are yet to use our Princess FCC, so it is nice to know that it is a simple process. Thanks for the heads up on the NCCs with RCL .:D

I also have had problems using the NCC and would NEVER purchase again. Just too many T&C associated with them.

I was able to use one with the BOGO sale. It does say they are combinable but it all has to be done manually and some consultants are just too lazy (I think) to do this. I stood my ground on this one with two phone calls one in the morning and another 1 hour on the phone yesterday afternoon

my invoice finally arrived all correct. The only problem was that the consultant said the OBC would not be applied until 2 weeks before the cruise, which I thought was strange.

I have used Princess and P&O FCC many times and the process is simply. Certainly not with RCL and I will be saving my money and never purchase again.

I have had some problems as well, so I cancelled the courtesy holds and got my TA to rebook them for me. I also asked for a refund for the NCCs and agree with you will never purchase them again as it appears that they are unable to be used with a promotion/sale.

the RCI moderator posted this on facebook

The Buy One Get One 50% offer doesn't apply to the new 2015-16 cruises that are released today and tomorrow - the sale applies to 2013-14 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific cruises departing between 16 September 2014 and 19 April 2015

Hmm . I booked the Explorer 3 nighter 29 November yesterday afternoon on the website and it applied BOGO. I checked pricing on several other Explorer cruises and it also showed BOGO pricing. Going to pay my deposit this morning!

Hmm . I booked the Explorer 3 nighter 29 November yesterday afternoon on the website and it applied BOGO. I checked pricing on several other Explorer cruises and it also showed BOGO pricing. Going to pay my deposit this morning!

i only copied what the moderator said so if you got the discount you were lucky

On their Oz website under "Current Deals" it says towards the bottom

... "And for the month of May, we have a special offer where the second guest in a stateroom will receive a discount of up to 50% with a full-paying adult." ...

Like timtam2 I also booked an Explorer cruise and got the BOGOHO discount.

Think it may only apply to Explorer though, not the other ships ...

Edited by boeckli

I am so annoyed over this. As a first time cruiser I booked over a year out for the 3 day sample cruise in Feb 2015 for a 40th birthday celebration. We booked two owners suites and now with this sale the discount per cabin is over $1000. Yet I can't cancel my original booking and rebook it under the sale fare even if I am willing to lose my original deposit of $200 per cabin. Grrrrrrrrr. :mad:

The temptation to cancel the booking with RCCL altogether is soooo overwhelming. Let them lose the whole booking which is almost $7000. This is not a good way to encourage new cruisers. They should at least be offering the difference for cabins already booked as OBC in my opinion.

I am so annoyed over this. As a first time cruiser I booked over a year out for the 3 day sample cruise in Feb 2015 for a 40th birthday celebration. We booked two owners suites and now with this sale the discount per cabin is over $1000. Yet I can't cancel my original booking and rebook it under the sale fare even if I am willing to lose my original deposit of $200 per cabin. Grrrrrrrrr. :mad:

The temptation to cancel the booking with RCCL altogether is soooo overwhelming. Let them lose the whole booking which is almost $7000. This is not a good way to encourage new cruisers. They should at least be offering the difference for cabins already booked as OBC in my opinion.

Interesting - I'm on that same cruise - I booked in February '14 ie 12 months in advance and my twin Promenade cabin would increase in price by 20% from what I paid under this deal of "50% off 2nd passenger" :eek: :rolleyes:

Can you rebook via a TA with a different cabin mate as the Primary guest/contact and use a different credit card? ie YOU are not making the new reservation - it's your friends that you are cruising with that are making the booking....

I just booked Explorer yesterday, as soon as it was released, for it's relocation Southampton to Perth - now I'm trying to get the Next Cruise Certificate applied. Seems the rules have changed a few times as to what OBC's one gets.

Has anyone got any idea as to what the rules were back in December 2012 (date I purchased the certificate)?

Edited by lud016

That's the advantage of booking through an American T.A kept our corner aft cabin on back 2 back cruises from Singapore in February and saved over $1000 on the booking.

Keep your fingers crossed that the exchange rate does not change too much...........we just lost out big time booking a river cruise this way

Wouldn't think so as the 4 people booked in the 2 cabins would still remain the same. Have a call in to my TA and have warned her I am planning to vent!! Will ask tho.

What a shame, please let us know how you got on.:D

Keep your fingers crossed that the exchange rate does not change too much...........we just lost out big time booking a river cruise this way

Gambling on the exchange rates is just part of the hazards of booking early or using an Overseas TA. It is not good that you lost out though, I hate it when things go that way.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

If it makes you feel any better, I am in the same position and my discount is higher:mad: I am not prepared to cancel my cruise as we have a limited window of when we can cruise. I just have to deal with it. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Got a great rate for my first cruise, plan to get a great rate for my third.

Edited by aussielozzie18

On their Oz website under "Current Deals" it says towards the bottom

... "And for the month of May, we have a special offer where the second guest in a stateroom will receive a discount of up to 50% with a full-paying adult." ...

Like timtam2 I also booked an Explorer cruise and got the BOGOHO discount.

Think it may only apply to Explorer though, not the other ships ...

We got the discount on back to back cruises on Mariner ex Singapore in February on the RCCl site it says worldwide cruises for 2015

We have booked through them 4 times so far and have saved money each time if the dollar starts to drop we pay the balance in advance we have always got the cruises at a lot cheaper prices than here in Aus and have been ale to get price drops twice and have always got on board credit so we take the chance.

We have booked through them 4 times so far and have saved money each time if the dollar starts to drop we pay the balance in advance we have always got the cruises at a lot cheaper prices than here in Aus and have been ale to get price drops twice and have always got on board credit so we take the chance.

Watching the dollar and gambling on its direction is a full time sport.:D