BOGO Buy One Get One 50% off on RCI

Also, if you are a Crown and Anchor Society member this promotion is combinable with balcony and suite discounts (it's unclear about OBB Bonus) and you can find some of the cruises with the BOGO 50% deal in the C&A society login area of the website. Of course you have to be platinum or higher to access the exclusive rates.

Also, if you are a Crown and Anchor Society member this promotion is combinable with balcony and suite discounts (it's unclear about OBB Bonus) and you can find some of the cruises with the BOGO 50% deal in the C&A society login area of the website. Of course you have to be platinum or higher to access the exclusive rates.

It actually does say in the T&C about the on board booking bonus (Next cruise certificates) you can apparently use these. I will find out AM tomorrow when I try and use Diamond Discount and NCC! Will report here details!

Edited by resordanis
spelling

good luck, I have been reading the RCI thread and all of the american folk are calling and getting their current reservations adjusted to the promotional pricing ... they don't have the same Ts and Cs as we do in australia whereby you can't change a current booking.

My TA called through to the call centre today to try and adjust my booking but NO was the answer. The TA is going to query the RCI rep next time they visit the office as it's very odd that we have different terms and conditions, especially when you read about the great discounts US citizens are saving on current bookings!!!!!

What do other people think about this?

Do anyone know why this happens in australia?

good luck, I have been reading the RCI thread and all of the american folk are calling and getting their current reservations adjusted to the promotional pricing ... they don't have the same Ts and Cs as we do in australia whereby you can't change a current booking.

My TA called through to the call centre today to try and adjust my booking but NO was the answer. The TA is going to query the RCI rep next time they visit the office as it's very odd that we have different terms and conditions, especially when you read about the great discounts US citizens are saving on current bookings!!!!!

Actually for our cruise the prices were actually very similar. They have increased the base price to give the discount on the 50% off.

The difference for us was only $20A:confused: but where some savings could come in will be with an OBC for using the NCC. I have read the T&C and will have to change to a different date for the same itinerary. Will be trying to do this today.

I had a little whinge about this on the RC board yesterday - the FAQ's state that it doesn't apply to solo occupancy either :mad:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=bogoho_may_faqs

I found a few cruises which did have a considerable discount applied to them but the total cost of the single cabin was still more than the total cost of a twin cabin. And it wasn't honouring C&A discount with a solo but it was with the twin! Many of the rest I saw just didn't apply any discount or applied a discount but had grossly inflated the base price to negate the discount. :confused:

Meanwhile a US solo cruiser was saying that they were able to have their booking adjusted down - so yes - it sucks!

I've checked my upcoming RCI cruises to see if there were any savings using this latest promotion but found when I did a dummy booking that prices were very similar to what I managed to get for JSuites in the New Year Sales.

Yes, usually they seem to up the price for the first person before they discount the second person. Our T&C's are certainly different to what they are in the USA! We've been here whinging about it for years! :(

Gae

Actually for our cruise the prices were actually very similar. They have increased the base price to give the discount on the 50% off.

The difference for us was only $20A:confused: but where some savings could come in will be with an OBC for using the NCC. I have read the T&C and will have to change to a different date for the same itinerary. Will be trying to do this today.

Follow up to this, is RCL don't work on the weekend, so am not sure whether our booking will drop out by then! I really need to speak to them before proceeding. Could not believe I could not speak to someone today.:confused:

My cruise has dropped in price considerably. Grrr. Wish us Aussies got the price drops that the Americans enjoy.

Have you considered an upgrade for no or little cost? That is one way to take advantage of the price drops.:D

we are big fans of Rhapsody & considering doing her final Aussie cruise 11N Qld 6th Apr. The offer allowed us an IC for around $1400 each (incl T&G) twin share & then an upgrade to OV G'tee for $2 p.n. :D Sound good to me.

Now to see if we can go.

Follow up to this, is RCL don't work on the weekend, so am not sure whether our booking will drop out by then! I really need to speak to them before proceeding. Could not believe I could not speak to someone today.:confused:

I am going to change cruise, different ship different date .... so I put a courtesy hold on and the rate was more than $1000 dollars cheaper plus it applied the C&A society suite and balcony discount because I booked a JS. Just have to wait for my TA to sort out the cancellation of the rhapsody cruise and we will be going on Voyager from Singapore to Sydney .... Voyager will come out of dry dock, do a 4 night cruise from and to Singapore then head to Australia. Hopefully, they will have any issues sorted out as a result of the dry dock but who cares.

Have you considered an upgrade for no or little cost? That is one way to take advantage of the price drops.:D

Just clarifying are you saying I can upgrade the 2 cabins on my prebooked 2015 Alaskan cruise to take advantage of this new sale (assuming it is worth my while)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just clarifying are you saying I can upgrade the 2 cabins on my prebooked 2015 Alaskan cruise to take advantage of this new sale (assuming it is worth my while)?

You'd have to speak to your TA or RCL about it (whoever you made the booking through), but it has been done like this in the past. I don't see that there's likely to be a problem to upgrade for what you described.

Possibly, a phone call to your TA or to the crusie line may be worth it.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I had a little whinge about this on the RC board yesterday - the FAQ's state that it doesn't apply to solo occupancy either :mad:

I found a few cruises which did have a considerable discount applied to them but the total cost of the single cabin was still more than the total cost of a twin cabin. And it wasn't honouring C&A discount with a solo but it was with the twin! Many of the rest I saw just didn't apply any discount or applied a discount but had grossly inflated the base price to negate the discount. :confused:

Meanwhile a US solo cruiser was saying that they were able to have their booking adjusted down - so yes - it sucks!

Not happy, have been monitoring prices for a Rhapsody cruise.

A few weeks back we were looking at around $1684 pp twin share, so for the cabin around $3368.

Now with the BOGO 50% of deal, it will cost more! :confused:

The base price has jumped up to $2534 (from $1684), so the total is $3923 (up from $3368).

CRAZY!!! :mad:

Are they allowed to do this under Australian rules eg. ACCC?

I was reading the terms and conditions of the ad on the weekend and it said that the BOGO prices applies to staterooms on a guarantee basis only.

As I mentioned previously, my cruise has gone down in price considerably. Due to the amount of money involved, I am thinking of cancelling my booking with the TA and (probably losing my deposit) and re-booking.

Does anyone know if you can book a specific cabin with BOGO? I need to be in a midships cabin which is what I currently have booked.

I was reading the terms and conditions of the ad on the weekend and it said that the BOGO prices applies to staterooms on a guarantee basis only.

As I mentioned previously, my cruise has gone down in price considerably. Due to the amount of money involved, I am thinking of cancelling my booking with the TA and (probably losing my deposit) and re-booking.

Does anyone know if you can book a specific cabin with BOGO? I need to be in a midships cabin which is what I currently have booked.

Terms and conditions also state that you can't cancel and rebook - whether it's picked up or not I can't say but that's what it says.

See points 14 & 15

Another thread mentions moving to another date for the same itinerary to get the discount and get around that clause although that's not always practical or available.

From the dummy bookings I've done it does seem to be giving the discount on specific choice staterooms.

Not sure which cruise you're booking for, but the ones I checked yesterday were for multiple grades (non-guarantee as well) where you select your cabin.

Yes I have booked a specific cabin. My problem, after waiting over 1 hour this morning on the phone is STILL applying my next cruise certificate to this reservation. I will now have to await up to 3 days for any discounts to apply.:eek:

I was on the phone for 1 hour 20 minutes and converted my courtesy holds to bookings, have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the pricing to be amended and C&A discount/OBC to be applied.

I can cancel my Rhapsody cruise and get a full refund because it is more than 151 days out from the sail date.

I could not use by next cruise certificate that I purchased on Oasis last year, the rep tried many ways to apply it but it wasn't accepted. He said because it is an open booking with a reservation number it was combinable with the BOGO sale. I have tried to use this certificate twice now but it isn't combinable.

So I just wonder does anyone know when these can be used? Is it only able to be used for non-sale/promotion bookings?

I was on the phone for 1 hour 20 minutes and converted my courtesy holds to bookings, have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the pricing to be amended and C&A discount/OBC to be applied.

I can cancel my Rhapsody cruise and get a full refund because it is more than 151 days out from the sail date.

I could not use by next cruise certificate that I purchased on Oasis last year, the rep tried many ways to apply it but it wasn't accepted. He said because it is an open booking with a reservation number it was combinable with the BOGO sale. I have tried to use this certificate twice now but it isn't combinable.

So I just wonder does anyone know when these can be used? Is it only able to be used for non-sale/promotion bookings?

I also have had problems using the NCC and would NEVER purchase again. Just too many T&C associated with them.

I was able to use one with the BOGO sale. It does say they are combinable but it all has to be done manually and some consultants are just too lazy (I think) to do this. I stood my ground on this one with two phone calls one in the morning and another 1 hour on the phone yesterday afternoon

my invoice finally arrived all correct. The only problem was that the consultant said the OBC would not be applied until 2 weeks before the cruise, which I thought was strange.

I have used Princess and P&O FCC many times and the process is simply. Certainly not with RCL and I will be saving my money and never purchase again.