just made diamond - what is this benefit?

We are cruising in January - our first time as diamonds and listing on the C & A is the following benefit: Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity. What is this? I know we get water(or soft drink) and a snack as the Welcome gift, but what is this Chef's Choice gift?

thanks...

We are cruising in January - our first time as diamonds and listing on the C & A is the following benefit: Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity. What is this? I know we get water(or soft drink) and a snack as the Welcome gift, but what is this Chef's Choice gift?

thanks...

It would be a complimentary food gift - such chocolate covered strawberries, etc. - that will be delivered to your stateroom.

If you can login to your C&A account, you can choose your benefits- although this one just might be the chocolate covered strawberries plate.

You cannot choose the Chef's Choice amenity. The only choice one can make at the Diamond level is the variety of beverage included in the Welcome Aboard gift.

Once one reaches Diamond Plus, they can choose from a list of amenities.

Is this the packaged cookies / dried fruit package left in the room?

Yes, along with a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice. BUT, for us, the best Diamond benefit is the Diamond Lounge, which we use every day for breakfast, and in the evening for cocktails and hor d'oeurves. Love, love, love that!

Yes, along with a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice. BUT, for us, the best Dia n the evening for cocktails and hor d'oeurves. Love, love, love that!

...as long as we're "rating" the perks, I agree about the Diamond Club but lets not forget the balcony discount! :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Is this the packaged cookies / dried fruit package left in the room?

No, the packaged cookies/dried fruit is the "Welcome Aboard Snack". The OP was asking about the "Chef's Choice" amenity, which is the chocolate covered strawberries or cheese plate or petit fours, etc., that just shows up in your stateroom sometime during the cruise.

Edited by clarea

No, the packaged cookies/dried fruit is the "Welcome Aboard Snack". The OP was aksing about the "Chef's Choice" amenity, which is the chocolate covered strawberries or cheese plate or petit fours, etc., that just shows up in your stateroom sometime during the cruise.

Thanks, we did not receive that on our last trip. However there is a strong possibility that if it was choco strawberries and my wife found it first I may not ever have learned of their existence:rolleyes::D

...as long as we're "rating" the perks, I agree about the Diamond Club but lets not forget the balcony discount! :)

OMGosh! How did I forget that?! Our Diamond balcony discount brought the price of our last cruise almost to the same price had we gotten an OV cabin:D But I do love the DL at cocktail hour:o;):D

No, the packaged cookies/dried fruit is the "Welcome Aboard Snack". The OP was asking about the "Chef's Choice" amenity, which is the chocolate covered strawberries or cheese plate or petit fours, etc., that just shows up in your stateroom sometime during the cruise.

Bob I am just a lowly Diamond, but I have only gotten the non-alcoholic drinks and the box of horrible cookies and sugared fruit. I don't see where you can get a Chef's Choice Amenity. I am too stupid to remember if I got a chocolate strawberry or something else. I will ask the wife if she remembers.:confused:

jc

Yes, along with a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice. BUT, for us, the best Diamond benefit is the Diamond Lounge, which we use every day for breakfast, and in the evening for cocktails and hor d'oeurves. Love, love, love that!

Me 2. The best perk for me.