Accessorize me please!

Just to preface I RARELY IF EVER wear dresses - but reading about everyone's dress purchases and how dresses are so 'in vogue' nowadays I decided to join the club - not a fancy evening dress - but more like a sundress/maxi dress (but to be quite honest this is actually not OFFICIALLY a maxi dress - but on me - all of 5'1 it's about mid calf or a bit longer!!!:eek:)

I love wearing all white especially on a cruise but I am bit boring when it comes to accessories - no scarfs or such.....

I typically wear my 'everyday' solitaire necklace (silver) and maybe pearls or diamond studs and if feeling extremely adventurous some 'dangly earings!!!

I am here to ask all my 'fashionista' friends to help me accessorize this dress - I think I need a long/statement like necklace? or something nice around my neck (love those 'invisible' bunch of pearls necklaces - but may be too fancy for this dres)? Maybe white hoop earrings? or should I add color? (my fave is pink by the way) - white sandals? hot pink fancy flip flops? black and white?

Summer_2013_5205082_1024x1024.jpg?v=1373321395

I am leaving on my cruise next week so any ideas appreciated - will need to go out and 'buy' stuff cuz no time to order anything online!

Thanks, :)

Edited by Froufie

Oh goodie!!!! My favorite topic...accessories. :D

I really like the white dress and I would accessorize with some pops of color. I think a wide band elastic belt would be great to define a waistline. Add a couple of bright bangle bracelets on one wrist and some dangling or hoop earrings. I usually stick to either big earrings or a big necklace, not both. I like the shoulders and neckline of your dress, so I would skip the necklace. And if you can do a pop of color on the shoes that would be great, but I may be pushing you too far outside your comfort zone.

Color combos that I like for the pop of color are:

royal blue and orange

orange and yellow

magenta and purple

red and black (pop of neutral)

Lisa

Add a couple of bright bangle bracelets on one wrist and some dangling or hoop earrings. I usually stick to either big earrings or a big necklace, not both. I like the shoulders and neckline of your dress, so I would skip the necklace.

I agree. I don't wear belts (hate the way they look with my boobs) so I don't think to recommend them to others, but with that neckline, I'd skip a necklace and do fun chunky bangles and maybe a dangly earring in your pop of color.

I am not a pink floral person, but this bracelet is so lovely! il_570xN.518741562_chr1.jpg

I love sea glass and have actually bought some earrings on etsy (and I think it's time to start shopping again, since I started this search for you:p) il_570xN.473737057_4djp.jpg I'm not quite sure I'd go this matchy matchy with earrings and bracelets but that's just me. There are so many options out there!!

Oh, for shoes - peep toe wedge espadrille!LAURIE1_3383?$itempage2$

LOL - I also don't do belts (as I don't have a 'waistline' to define right now?)....love the PINK bracelet - so cute as well as the dangly pink earrings - I am sure I saw something similar somewhere (now to try and remember)....

As for shoes - bringing white/black and hot pink sandals so don't want to pack any extra shoes (if you know what I mean!!!) - so may do the 'pink/white' theme if possible....

So no necklace? really? guess I can stick with my solitaire that I usually wear... Saw a 'longish' necklace with a white/gold flower on it (like an orchid) and though that might look nice? Or may look for something more colorful?

Will do some further 'shopping research' this weekend :)

Thanks for everyone's help!

If *you* want to wear a necklace, then try some on with the dress and see if you like it! You could wear the dress while shopping (if you put it on with some flat sandals, and maybe a light cardigan, it could look pretty casual) Or buy some jewelry you can return and try everything on at home to see what you like.

(honestly, if this is what you mean by "solitaire", I don't think this style matches the dress at all and would not recommend images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-JJ9UtNS4lrQXbF07Z6zqK8sJ74G7e_L9xM49Fzkrh-rmMqQNeaYdBas

Edited by Hoyaheel

How about some pretty turquoise jewelry? A bracelet and earrings perhaps? I always think it goes really well with white, gives a nice pop of color without being plastic-y, chintzy-looking and screams summertime to me.

KK

How about some pretty turquoise jewelry? A bracelet and earrings perhaps? I always think it goes really well with white, gives a nice pop of color without being plastic-y, chintzy-looking and screams summertime to me.

KK

And then you can wear your pink sandals too - pink & turquoise look good together, especially with the white-only dress.

Great suggestions on here, OP. I love turquoise and white for summer -- such a clean, classic combo! I also love one of the PP's suggestion on pink dangle earrings and a coordinating bracelet. Building on that, here's a quick polyvore that incorporates hot pink and orange and even an accessory in the hair, which I thought went well with the boho feel of your dress. If you did do a flower in your hair, I would go for studded earrings instead of dangle ones as it may be too much. I'm sure whatever you choose will look great!

0f5746955db9fbfdd03a799d20f96e46.jpg

Great suggestions on here, OP. I love turquoise and white for summer -- such a clean, classic combo! I also love one of the PP's suggestion on pink dangle earrings and a coordinating bracelet. Building on that, here's a quick polyvore that incorporates hot pink and orange and even an accessory in the hair, which I thought went well with the boho feel of your dress. If you did do a flower in your hair, I would go for studded earrings instead of dangle ones as it may be too much. I'm sure whatever you choose will look great!

0f5746955db9fbfdd03a799d20f96e46.jpg

Great ideas - esp as I do have a 'hot pink' flower barrette (much smaller and more discreet) that was 'talking' to me - saying 'wear me wear me with the white dress' - i also thought it would look cute (and here it is on the thread!)- with the hot pink sandals....now I am sure I can find some cute bracelets to complete the look and I do have some smallish hot pink 'flower shaped' studs that might work as well? Otherwise plain pink small rhinestones?

Also LOVE LOVE turquoise and white combo - but no turquoise footwear - only pink or white? could wear the white sandals and then find turquoise accessories as well?

As for 'wearing' the dress to shop in - alas up here in the NORTH we are still experiencing unseasonably cool temps - and I just wish I could do that - but still not warm enuf to go anywhere in a white dress let alone something summery - oh well - I sure hope I 'warm' up next week in the Caribbean!:cool:

Edited by Froufie

I think a belt would be a nice touch, but since you don't want to wear one, I would definitely go with a colorful, bold necklace, earrings and a bracelet to match your hot pink shoes. The necklace should either be short enough to come up above the dress or very long.

[ATTACH]311358[/ATTACH]

http://www.jcpenney.com/jewelry-watches/fashion-silver-jewelry-accessories/sale/mixit-shell-illusion-necklace-earrings-set/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003840375&Nao=48&pN=3&searchTerm=mixit+earings&catId=SearchResults&colorizedImg=DP0319201417053532M.tif

[ATTACH]311359[/ATTACH]

http://www.jcpenney.com/jewelry-watches/fashion-silver-jewelry-accessories/the-trend-shop/nautical/mixit-shell-pendant-drop-earrings-boxed-set/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003730266&searchTerm=mixit+earings&catId=SearchResults&colorizedImg=DP0204201417174773M.tif

il_340x270.533676063_oiw6.jpg

Yes - I think I would prefer a longer necklace, if at all - and if I find some I guess I can try them on at home and then return what is not suitable..

And my 'signature' diamond solitaire is almost always around my neck - very pretty but possibly boring? (and that is why I am envious of all those fashionistas with cool earring, necklaces, scarves, etc - I have a lot to learn!):)

Edited by Froufie

Also LOVE LOVE turquoise and white combo - but no turquoise footwear - only pink or white? could wear the white sandals and then find turquoise accessories as well?

Turquoise footwear might be a bit of overkill with turquoise jewelry. White or pink sandals sound perfect though (IMO)!

KK

I also like purple and teal as pops of color. I have a pair of big dangly teal earrings that I got at a farmer's market in Ybor City last cruise. I wear them with my off white sundress and it looks really cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to preface I RARELY IF EVER wear dresses - but reading about everyone's dress purchases and how dresses are so 'in vogue' nowadays I decided to join the club - not a fancy evening dress - but more like a sundress/maxi dress (but to be quite honest this is actually not OFFICIALLY a maxi dress - but on me - all of 5'1 it's about mid calf or a bit longer!!!:eek:)

I love wearing all white especially on a cruise but I am bit boring when it comes to accessories - no scarfs or such.....

I typically wear my 'everyday' solitaire necklace (silver) and maybe pearls or diamond studs and if feeling extremely adventurous some 'dangly earings!!!

I am here to ask all my 'fashionista' friends to help me accessorize this dress - I think I need a long/statement like necklace? or something nice around my neck (love those 'invisible' bunch of pearls necklaces - but may be too fancy for this dres)? Maybe white hoop earrings? or should I add color? (my fave is pink by the way) - white sandals? hot pink fancy flip flops? black and white?

Summer_2013_5205082_1024x1024.jpg?v=1373321395

I am leaving on my cruise next week so any ideas appreciated - will need to go out and 'buy' stuff cuz no time to order anything online!

Thanks, :)

Where did you get that dress? I would die for one just like it!!!!:D

I would wear a pair of gold hoop earrings, a couple of long, delicate, gold chains, a few gold bangles, and your white sandals. If you had one, I'd add a straw clutch for some texture. Your pop-of-color could be in a light shawl for the MDR or out on deck. I'd keep the outfit pure and light.

OMG, I love, love, love your dress!:D

Edited by mousey

Where did you get that dress? I would die for one just like it!!!!:D

I would wear a pair of gold hoop earrings, a couple of long, delicate, gold chains, a few gold bangles, and your white sandals. If you had one, I'd add a straw clutch for some texture. Your pop-of-color could be in a light shawl for the MDR or out on deck. I'd keep the outfit pure and light.

OMG, I love, love, love your dress!:D

Thanks so much - I love it too and can't wait to wear it! (packing starts today).

Made by Dunes - the website is http://www.dunes.com.mx - you will see a variety of dresses there including this one - but if you do a google online (style name of this particular one is peregrino) you should find someone who sells it? (or even maybe ebay?)

Thanks for the suggestions - will be out and about this afternoon and will see what I can find! :)

Ok, I like visuals so I dressed up my white tunic to give you inspiration:

[ATTACH]311294[/ATTACH]

You can easily do this with other colors.

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love the belt idea! Even if you don't have a "waist", you can create a waist with the right placement of a belt. I think a belt would look really nice with this particular dress because it's so straight.

Thanks so much - I love it too and can't wait to wear it! (packing starts today).

Made by Dunes - the website is http://www.dunes.com.mx - you will see a variety of dresses there including this one - but if you do a google online (style name of this particular one is peregrino) you should find someone who sells it? (or even maybe ebay?)

Thanks for the suggestions - will be out and about this afternoon and will see what I can find! :)

Thanks for sharing! I just love this dress!:D

Okay - did some more accessory 'window' shopping - did not buy anything yet - still investigating all options....

what about this? (also comes in an 'orangey' color but I think I prefer the turquoise?)http://www.reitmans.com/Multi-Strand-Necklace-and-Earring-Set/732038,default,pd.html?dwvar_732038_color=Teal&cgid=Jewellery&subcat=Necklaces%20%26%20Earrings

This one has LOTS of color - pretty busy?http://www.reitmans.com/Beaded-Necklace/732518,default,pd.html?dwvar_732518_color=Multi%20Colour&cgid=Jewellery&subcat=Necklaces%20%26%20Earrings

...and matching earings:http://www.reitmans.com/Earrings/732520,default,pd.html?dwvar_732520_color=Multi%20Colour&cgid=Jewellery&subcat=Necklaces%20%26%20Earrings

Found this bracelet - which I really like and matching drop earrings:

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aane_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-cleo-Site/Sites-product-catalog/default/v1399189213134/images/cleo/accessories/614clb0813172m_c_c413251_01.jpg

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aane_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-cleo-Site/Sites-product-catalog/default/v1399189213134/images/cleo/accessories/614cle0813171m_c_c413251_01.jpg

Edited by Froufie