Maasdam Sail Away - Friday, May 2, 2014 - Last one of the season (Cue sad, bluesy mus

POA1

That was very nice, thank you all! I must rush off to the grocery store now, or there won't be anything for dinner. I took some screen shots so I can tell where our stateroom will be! Hope they turn out. See you all in the Fall! Have a good Summer!

My best wishes for a healthy, happy, and not too hot Summer for all of our Sailaway gang!

Mr. Marley share in that sentiment except we want it hotter in the Maritimes:D

thank you POA1 for starting the thread and many thanks to Lou and Dave for a great webcam. It is always appreciated:D

Catherine Williams (St Capt) giving orders to pull the crew gangway.

I want to meet her. I am preparing for nautical school and seeing women on the bridge (especially higher ranks) is very inspirational to me. I have sailed 3 times with Maasdam's main Staff Captain, Craig Ravesloot, who along with the Captain, Ane Jan Smit, are already inspirational to me. Maybe one day I will get to meet Catherine Williams. :)

I want to meet her. I am preparing for nautical school and seeing women on the bridge (especially higher ranks) is very inspirational to me. I have sailed 3 times with Maasdam's main Staff Captain, Craig Ravesloot, who along with the Captain, Ane Jan Smit, are already inspirational to me. Maybe one day I will get to meet Catherine Williams. :)

Hope you get to meet her, a great lady, she is a New Zealander.

We met her on board the Volendam.

It's been a great sailaway season. Thank you, all. A shame Lou and Dave don't have a cam in Boston...guess DH and I have to drive into town to see it "live"! :cool:

Maasdam is still visible on the www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com NE.

I did ask if they were going to get a webcam but they said they could not make any public statements.

I know it is not the same, but Sea Tow has a webcam in Boston.

http://www.seatowboston.com/harborcam.html

Also Halifax has several webcams if you want to see Veendam and Maasdam when they are there.

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/waterfront.html

Hope you get to meet her, a great lady, she is a New Zealander.

We met her on board the Volendam.

Very nice. Maybe I will write to her and send it to the ship up in New England. I need to send some pictures to Captain Smit anyway. I also have some stuff I was thinking of sending to some of my other friends on board. I think I still have the address saved somewhere from last year. :confused:

Very nice. Maybe I will write to her and send it to the ship up in New England. I need to send some pictures to Captain Smit anyway. I also have some stuff I was thinking of sending to some of my other friends on board. I think I still have the address saved somewhere from last year. :confused:

Good luck with your nautical career.

You may be able to contact her on facebook.

You may be able to contact her on facebook.

Though I have found a few of the officers that I have met and talked with on facebook, I did not see her on there. I know not all of them use facebook, Craig Ravesloot told me he doesn't use it but would keep in touch by email.

For the rest of the summer, it's the Oasis of the Seas (Saturday) and Allure of the Seas (Sunday). There's the occasional Princess and Carnival ship.

DW has an app called Cruise Schedule Port Everglades for her iPhone which tells you who's in port, where they're going, etc. It's a very cool FREE app if you use an iOS device. There is not an Android version as of yet.