Sun South America Itineraries

Trobrah

I contacted my PCC yesterday to inquire why the South America schedules hadn't been released. Much to my amazement she said the Sun could be going into drydock. This didn't seem plausible to me as the Sun was in drydock recently. Has anyone else heard this?

....as does Royal, who just yesterday came out with a half price guest sale, making their 2016 SA prices the lowest of any of them right now. Man, NCL is missing the boat, so to speak, by dragging their feet on this South American stuff.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Trobrah, there was quite a bit of discussion on another Sun thread about her going to dry dock to have her observation lounge turned into suites, which had a number of previous Sun cruisers commenting about the loss of that area on scenic cruises like Alaska and SA.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Could the drydock everyone is talking about maybe for the scrubbers being added and not adding suites? There has bben so much talk about the SUN going into drydock with speculation they are getting rid of the observation lounge. I surely hope not. I did read on thier media site about the scrubbers. Here is just a piece of the article for anyone interested.

Norwegian's newest ships, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, feature innovative and state-of-the-art environmental systems, including a second generation ballast water treatment system, innovative equipment to recover reusable fuel oil from waste fuel oil (thereby reducing the oil footprint), the use of the latest generation of silicon-based antifouling paint on the ship's hull to reduce friction, heat recovery and galley management systems to reduce energy consumption, as well as the latest generation of azipod propulsion units, smaller, more streamlined and much more efficient than the earlier versions. All of these features make these ships some of the most energy efficient cruise ships ever built. To further the company's commitment to environmental stewardship, Norwegian Cruise Line will make a significant investment in the installation of 28 scrubbers on six ships in the line's fleet: Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Sun. The scrubbers will be installed starting this spring and installation will continue through 2016. Exhaust gas scrubbers were installed on Norwegian's Pride of America, sailing the islands of Hawaii year-round, in 2013

Dear Cruise Critic members, Norwegian Sun will continue to follow her scheduled itinerary and is not scheduled for dry dock until April 2016, upon completion of her South America 2016 Spring Season.

Thanks for the information, NCL, I'm sure it's a relief for some.

Dear Cruise Critic members, Norwegian Sun will continue to follow her scheduled itinerary and is not scheduled for dry dock until April 2016, upon completion of her South America 2016 Spring Season.

Thank you for adding facts to the to quell the CC rumor mill.

Thank You for clearing this up. I am booked for Feb 2016 and am happy you are not going to spoil a great vessel for the sake of a few suites.

Thank You for clearing this up. I am booked for Feb 2016 and am happy you are not going to spoil a great vessel for the sake of a few suites.

They didn't say they were not adding suites, just not until April 2016;) Glad I will be sailing before then:)