Need Help Hotel Ft Lauderdale

CRICKET07

Looking for information on a decent hotel with Cruise package Parking and Shuttle Service for Ft Lauderdale. I have stayed at Roadway Inn twice, both times was a nightmare. Will be taking Allure this trip and I would like a hotel with great Shuttle service. Any information I could use the help..Thanks:)

I stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Ft. Lauderdale before taking a cruise. It was wonderful. There was breakfast in the morning. The staff was extremely nice. It was clean. Shuttle from airport and to cruise port. I believe you had to pay a small fee for the shuttle to the cruise port. Got a really good deal on "Park, Sleep and Fly". There was also a gas station walking distance, which had a convenience store that sold water and other things might want to pick up before the cruise. Whatever you decide, hope you have a wonderful vacation.

We always stay at the Hilton Marina on 17th Street Causeway, we don't care for the Embassy Suites, I don't like the interior cat walks too outdated, also, many passengers choose this hotel so when your going to leave to the ship in the am expect a long long line for a cab.

the Hilton Marina offers a lounge service/bar area that stays open until 1:30 so its another place to sit in the evening, the Embassy Suites closes at 11. The Hilton Marina also has a water taxi stop that you can go to places such as Las Olas.

Thanks for the help. We have 8 people in our group and at least 4 always pack way too much. We would need extra taxis for their luggage..LOL. I don't mind a reasonable wait time for a shuttle there and back. But we paid for our shuttle on our last two trips and were left waiting 2-3 hrs to be picked up and they left some of the luggage behind. They crammed 12 people into a van that sit's 8....I would rather find a hotel that use's a shuttle bus...Guess were spoiled we use the Raddison at Port Caniveral, they have exceptional service and a Large Shuttle Bus.

I stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Ft. Lauderdale before taking a cruise. It was wonderful. There was breakfast in the morning. The staff was extremely nice. It was clean. Shuttle from airport and to cruise port. I believe you had to pay a small fee for the shuttle to the cruise port. Got a really good deal on "Park, Sleep and Fly". There was also a gas station walking distance, which had a convenience store that sold water and other things might want to pick up before the cruise. Whatever you decide, hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Agree, nice hotel, very good free breakfast, and friendly staff. Also, very close is the Rustic Inn. Great seafood, fun restaurant; almost walk able but there is a free shuttle service if you ask at the desk.

Thanks for the help. We have 8 people in our group and at least 4 always pack way too much. We would need extra taxis for their luggage..LOL. I don't mind a reasonable wait time for a shuttle there and back. But we paid for our shuttle on our last two trips and were left waiting 2-3 hrs to be picked up and they left some of the luggage behind. They crammed 12 people into a van that sit's 8....I would rather find a hotel that use's a shuttle bus...Guess were spoiled we use the Raddison at Port Caniveral, they have exceptional service and a Large Shuttle Bus.

Calling and arranging two taxis the night before and requesting minivans?

Embassy Suites - Ft. Lauderdale/17th Street

They have a Managers Cocktail Party in the evening with appetizers. too. Free breakfast, too.

They had a shuttle (for pay) to the port in the morning. Sorry, I don't recall what we paid but it wasn't out of line.

Looking for information on a decent hotel with Cruise package Parking and Shuttle Service for Ft Lauderdale.

So you need parking for a car while cruising? :confused: Some responses here do not offer that.

stay123.com parkingstay.com......are two sites that you can use to narrow down some choices.

Be careful of hotels that offer free parking in their ads. That is for while you are a guest in the hotel. So any hotel can add a parking fee if you leave your car to cruise. Some up the daily rate a bit to cover that fee. If it's not peak season, the hotel might cahrge nothing more. But I'd sure get something in writing before assuming you won't pay. Get that straight before booking any hotel. ;)

As far as free shuttle service, fewer hotels are offering that. Some will offer the service for a per person charge. Know that the airport to the port will be under $20 per cab. And you will be able to go on your schedule and not on a shuttle service sechedule. As you discovered, they can be a waste of time and money if you are standing around forever waiting.

Very few hotels offer shuttles to pick you up after the cruise. Count on using 2 suv cabs. Again a cheaper, faster deal than prearranging any kind of shuttle.

Edited by eandj

Last January and again this August chose Hyatt Place 17 street. A great big room. Some sleep 6. Next to the Embassy already mentioned here. Slightly cheaper with similar perks. In Jan I booked the park and fly, it was cheaper than the park and cruise(go figure) there's a number on their phone recording for you to arrange your cruise shuttle. I think I might have gotten two free but not sure. It was $7, each way. I've been in those long lines before and didn't have to here. Driver said they had many shuttles and sent as many as needed, not just one. Pick up was fast! Not taking a car in Jan, and they do have a free airport shuttle. As the other poster said, pretty of great places to eat, a publics and wine, shoes, dresses, plenty of stores!! I highly recommend this hotel!