What's the low down on the coffee on board?

With regard to Cafe Promenade, you can get coffee, hot tea, and water for sure. I've seen iced tea and lemomade in Cafe Promenade rarely.

The iced tea (and I imagine the lemonade, too) is behind the counter now, for some reason -- you just have to ask for it. I remember they used to have ice water and iced tea in big serve-yourself dispensers near the coffee in Cafe Promenade, but for some reason they no longer do. Just coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate.

I love good coffee. One very pleasant surprise on my recent cruise on the Oasis was the great coffee in the main dining room, the Cafe Promenade and the Park Cafe -- the regular brewed coffee.

It was Seattle's Best brand. It was dark, strong, freshly brewed and delicious -- and better than I've have on a cruise ship in a while (without buying Espresso drinks anyway).

We love coffee and are rather particular about what we buy. I do enjoy an occasional Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks but that is all. Initially we thought that RCCL had the worst coffee ever....we simply don't care at all for Seattle's Best. BUT, we've discovered that the problem is that it's just too strong. The Café Promenade coffee (along with a little water) is good, the main dining room is good w/o water but over the last three years we don't even get coffee in Windjammer any longer because it's like drinking motor oil. It used to be pretty good. Just our opinion.

I didn't think the coffee was bad. Not great' date=' but not bad. What I found weird was that I couldn't get iced coffee anywhere, not even for an upcharge. You could pay extra at Cafe Promenade and get iced espresso drinks--but no plain iced coffee. They offered to put iced cubes in my hot coffee, but that's not quite the same...[/quote']

Ask for a full glass of ice, put hot coffee in it. I add milk and a little sugar - iced coffee:D

The coffee has been a common complaint over the years.

I've spent a lot of time at the Café Promenade listening to the feedback from others and talking to the officers that grab coffee there. The statement "this is Seattle's Best"... came up a lot. I would hate to try Seattle's worst.

The old brewers seemed to overheat the coffee. Over the past few years I have seen these brewers replaced with large dispensers. These new dispensers seem to work much better at keeping the coffee from going bad. One note - just start cruising a lot...that way you can get your coffee from the espresso machine in the diamond lounge. Ground fresh every cup!

every time i've cruised it's been pretty horrid. i'd get the hot water and bring the store bought individual coffee sticks that they now sell. they are expensive but won't give you a tummy ache like ship coffee will.

To me, Starbucks is the worst coffee ever.

I agree! All those "candy bar in a cup drinks".. i like good coffee..no sugar or syrup added. I don't think I will find it, will bring my own tea bags and enjoy that.

I don't think I'm as fussy as you but I do grind fresh beans each morning and I don't like Starbucks (or Via). It isn't the best coffee I've ever had but I think the MDR coffee is perfectly fine.

Starbucks burns their coffee. They are not very careful at keeping track of the time it is roasted! :( One key is not to keep the heating element on after the coffee is brewed. I MUCH prefer cold press coffee. I take the Seattle's Best home and use it that way. :) It makes a very good coffee done in the cold press!

We find the MDR just OK but the best of the lot. Love to pour the coffee over ice for iced coffee! :D

Once a bean is over roasted, there is no getting away from the burned bitter taste that most people mistake for "strong".

The only way to get a good cup of coffee is to start with a good roasted bean. Something you will never find at Starbucks or Seattle Best.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I LOVE the Seattle's Best Coffee they serve on Royal. I like strong black coffee & most places the coffee is like tea. So on my first cruise, the first 3 days I just bought espresso until one day in the windjammer I decided to give the free coffee a try & was very pleasantly surprised! I hope this never changes. I can't stand Starbucks because is it so bitter

With regard to Cafe Promenade, you can get coffee, hot tea, and water for sure. I've seen iced tea and lemomade in Cafe Promenade rarely.

Am I to understand from these comments that plain coffee at the Royal Promenade (Seattle's Best) is offered at no charge? I know the specialty coffees are extra (lattes, espressos, etc.), but regular brewed coffee there is free?

Am I to understand from these comments that plain coffee at the Royal Promenade (Seattle's Best) is offered at no charge? I know the specialty coffees are extra (lattes, espressos, etc.), but regular brewed coffee there is free?

Plain coffee and hot tea are free (well - included).

The coffee in the RCI MDR & WJ is terrible, IMO. Coffee brewed in an urn has a half-life of 20 minutes tops.

The fresh baristo-made specialty coffees are pretty good. The specialty coffees from the machines in the Diamond & Concierge lounges is pretty good.

Coffee from the self-serve stations in any Lido deck on any Carnival ship is much better than RCI MDR, WJ or self-serve station, IMO