Grand Princess - Beverage Packages?

Max Circus

Looked on the Princess website and searched here but not getting consistent information. Does Princess offer any alcoholic beverage packages where you pay a set amount for each night of your cruise? I found they offer a soda package and you can buy a coffee card for 15 espresso-type drinks. Any other offerings?

Looked on the Princess website and searched here but not getting consistent information. Does Princess offer any alcoholic beverage packages where you pay a set amount for each night of your cruise? I found they offer a soda package and you can buy a coffee card for 15 espresso-type drinks. Any other offerings?

Alcohol packages are new and not every ship has one. Depends on ship/itinerary and cruises 10 days or more.

If your ship has one the current price is $49 per day plus 15% grat. Package must be purchased for the entire voyage. It is good for any alcoholic or non alcoholic beverage under $10. No limits. Package is by individual passenger and there is no requirement for other passengers in you cabin to purchase. You also receive 40% off the price of full bottles of wine.

Most of the common alcoholic drinks on Princess are under $10, so the package covers just about everything. It works out to about 7 to 8 spirit drinks a day, or 11 beers, or lots and lots of soda, and lattes.

Most of the common alcoholic drinks on Princess are under $10, so the package covers just about everything. It works out to about 7 to 8 spirit drinks a day, or 11 beers, or lots and lots of soda, and lattes.
Alcoholic drinks range from $5.50-$7.95 on Princess unless you order a premium whiskey, vodka, etc. Keep in mind that you'd have to order 7-8 alcoholic drinks/day, including port days, to break even on the package.

According to the Princess website, the package is available on all ships except Dawn, Golden, Ocean, Pacific, Regal, Sea and Sun Princess. Scroll down: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Alcoholic drinks range from $5.50-$7.95 on Princess unless you order a premium whiskey, vodka, etc. Keep in mind that you'd have to order 7-8 alcoholic drinks/day, including port days, to break even on the package.

According to the Princess website, the package is available on all ships except Dawn, Golden, Ocean, Pacific, Regal, Sea and Sun Princess. Scroll down: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Thanks for the info. Since it also includes espressos and lattes and I am a big coffee drinker, I'd get a lot of value from that part of the package. Especially when returning from an excursion. Wish it included bottled water then it would be an easy decision.

According to the Princess website, the package is available on all ships except Dawn, Golden, Ocean, Pacific, Regal, Sea and Sun Princess.

Interesting that it will not be available on the Regal.

If true, we can expect to see a few choice posts once the Regal starts its itineraries.

Interesting that it will not be available on the Regal.

If true, we can expect to see a few choice posts once the Regal starts its itineraries.

That will be interesting indeed.

It was certainly interesting to see passenger reactions on Grand on 4/13 since not many people knew it would be available. There were people just standing around using their iPhones to calculate the total cost....lots of shocked faces! Most walked away. We only saw one person buy the package...well over $1500 for her and her husband. I only mention this because we had to go to three different stations to find the GF a cup for her UKP sticker and cup. There really didn't seem to be a lot of interest in the "all in" package.

Thanks for the info. Since it also includes espressos and lattes and I am a big coffee drinker, I'd get a lot of value from that part of the package. Especially when returning from an excursion. Wish it included bottled water then it would be an easy decision.

Another thread said it did include water. Has that changed?

Keep in mind that if coffee and soda are your thing, depending on the length of the cruise, purchasing a coffee card and the soda package would work out to around $12 per day ($33/x + ~$9). Bottles of water are $2, so if you buy 2 a day, you're up to $16. So you're still looking at around $40 of value you'd need to get each day to make it worthwhile.

Keep in mind that if coffee and soda are your thing, depending on the length of the cruise, purchasing a coffee card and the soda package would work out to around $12 per day ($33/x + ~$9). Bottles of water are $2, so if you buy 2 a day, you're up to $16. So you're still looking at around $40 of value you'd need to get each day to make it worthwhile.

Agreed. Figuring that glasses of wine and cocktails are on average $8, that would be a few glasses of wine at dinner and maybe an pre or after dinner drink or at the show. Plus, I know ahead of time how much I'll be spending.