"Buy one get one 1/2 off" for Europeans?

So once again what they say and what they do are two different things - and the answer varies depending who in RC you speak with.

If the offer states - as it clearly does - that this is for residents of the US and Canada why are people from the UK, Mexico, Spain wherever getting this deal. Shouldn't it say it's for bookings in the US or Canada, since that seems to be the real issue.

On the other hand some UK residents have tried to get the offer and been told by US agents that they can't get it cos they're resident in the UK

Come on Royal Caribbean - get your act together and level the playing field :mad:

Just be careful, we usually cruise under a senior, resident, or military discount and bring proof to the pier. While we've never been asked for it, the following disclosure is at the bottom of all "Deals" pricing including the BOGOHO sale. Some day someone might ask for validation.

* Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, for cruise only on select sailings and stateroom categories. For new reservations only. Subject to availability. Certain restrictions apply. May not be combinable with any other promotion and may be withdrawn at any time. "Deals" pricing reflects the special rate(s) you may be eligible for. Proof of eligibility required. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or denied boarding.

RCI underestimates the internet and people from all over the globe exchanging news sometimes. :-)

However, to be fair to RCL, yes the offer is available in Europe. Just booked Serenade for May ´15 out of Copenhagen.

However it is not properly promoted and not called as such.

They simply changed the prices and adjusted them to match the US spring offer. Nowhere however do you see that, because all you see is the cabin price and the per person price, which is now lower than last month. The per person price is identical here for the first and second person.

So, when in the US a current cabin price under the offer would be USD 3000 , the first person would be quoted USD 2000 and the second only $1000 ( =50%off).

In Europe it would come out as 1500.- each.

In sumn, its the same, which shows that the offer is available in different countries, just handled differently in the reservation systems.

So why does it read that the offer is available in the US and CA only? The answer lies in the fine print. Germany does not combine this offer with any other offer or reduction, meaning no C&A discount, whereas in the US it clearly says that you are still eligible for the C&A discount.

Differenet countries, different rules as it is with deposits and cancelation fees. However, one cannot say that RCI privileges residents of one country over another.

RCI underestimates the internet and people from all over the globe exchanging news sometimes. :-)

However, to be fair to RCL, yes the offer is available in Europe. Just booked Serenade for May ´15 out of Copenhagen.

However it is not properly promoted and not called as such.

They simply changed the prices and adjusted them to match the US spring offer. Nowhere however do you see that, because all you see is the cabin price and the per person price, which is now lower than last month. The per person price is identical here for the first and second person.

So, when in the US a current cabin price under the offer would be USD 3000 , the first person would be quoted USD 2000 and the second only $1000 ( =50%off).

In Europe it would come out as 1500.- each.

In sumn, its the same, which shows that the offer is available in different countries, just handled differently in the reservation systems.

So why does it read that the offer is available in the US and CA only? The answer lies in the fine print. Germany does not combine this offer with any other offer or reduction, meaning no C&A discount, whereas in the US it clearly says that you are still eligible for the C&A discount.

Differenet countries, different rules as it is with deposits and cancelation fees. However, one cannot say that RCI privileges residents of one country over another.

That might be true on some cruises but DH did a mock booking for an 8/27/15 Canada cruise on the liberty on both the US and UK website and there was exactly a difference of half off the second person. Full fare when booking on the UK website.

Trojan, every time I try to get on the RCI.com US website, I'm automatically redirected to the UK site. Do you have a specific website address please?

Download the TUNNELBEAR software, which enables you to select the country of origin which you wish to trick a website into thinking you are from. i.e. USA

Then access the website of your choice with being diverted to the UK

Simples!:D

Rang a US TA yesterday and explained my predicament. She called RCI to check which offers were available to me and called me back with the news that, YES!! I could book the BOGOH deal for my Dubai cruise in March 2016. I saved almost £600 and the TA gave me $350 dollars OBC, $150 more than if I'd waited to book onboard. Also, I wasn't charged the administration fee for using my credit card as all UK TA's do. The only doubt was that I may not be able to add my platinum balcony discount after my next cruise in August, but I'm to call her back after the cruise and she'll try her best to get it added.

If all this works out, I don't think I'll ever use a UK TA again!!

A special thank you to "welshrich" for giving me all the necessary information.