Window Suite Single Cruise Credits?

calvin31

I tried search to for this answer but I couldn't be sure I found the right info so I thought I would ask the board....

If someone sales alone in a Window Suite would they get 3 cruise credits? The cost of a Window Suite is so much less than a 'regular suite' that I wasn't sure of there was a 'catch' and it's not considered a normal suite or something.

Anyone know if you get all of the suite benefits including cruise credits? Any disadvantages? I guess just that it's missing a balcony...

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you will receive 3 cruise credits for sailing solo in a Window Suite. I love the Window Suites and do not miss a balcony at all. Location is fantastic. Suite Perks are glorious. You will have to pay the single supplement. What will you do with all of that space?

Yes, you will receive 3 cruise credits for sailing solo in a Window Suite. I love the Window Suites and do not miss a balcony at all. Location is fantastic. Suite Perks are glorious. You will have to pay the single supplement. What will you do with all of that space?

Hey Renee!

We booked a WS on the Grand 9 day in January. Mom fell in love with the cabin.

Edited by SadieN

Hey Renee!

We booked a WS on the Grand 9 day in January. Mom fell in love with the cabin.

You are racking up the cruise credits! Good for you. Hope we sail together again, soon. Join us for an October Golden 3 day. We'll be in a WS. Book now and hope for a 100% cruise credit.

Thanks for the help. I'm on the edge of Elite so I'm thinking of 'getting it out of the way' in one shot. Then the whole family can enjoy the Elite benefits on our next longer cruise. It's something to seriously consider I think.

I sailed in a window suite on the Island Princess thru the Panama Canal back in 2012. I was given 2 cruise credits but that is probably because I booked an outside single cabin and was upgraded to the WS.

I did love the cabin location as it was perfect for going thru the canal and heading back inside to cool off every few minutes.

I sailed in a window suite on the Island Princess thru the Panama Canal back in 2012. I was given 2 cruise credits but that is probably because I booked an outside single cabin and was upgraded to the WS.

I did love the cabin location as it was perfect for going thru the canal and heading back inside to cool off every few minutes.

You need to pay for a full suite (which includes WS) to get the additional cruise credit. A complementary upgrade does not qualify. We were able to get a second cruise credit for accepting an upsell from a mini to a full suite last year but it took an e-mail to the Captain's Circle after the cruise. YMMV.

I did not realize that the Island Princess had Window Suites. Where are they located? I only know of the Caribbean, Golden, and Grand having these wonderful suites.

I did not realize that the Island Princess had Window Suites. Where are they located? I only know of the Caribbean, Golden, and Grand having these wonderful suites.
The Island doesn't have WS which are full suites, but she and the Coral do have four mini-suites all the way forward on Baja and Caribe decks without balconies. That is probably the type of cabin the poster was in. As mini-suites you would not get an additional cruise credit for those cabins, only in full suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You need to pay for a full suite (which includes WS) to get the additional cruise credit. A complementary upgrade does not qualify. We were able to get a second cruise credit for accepting an upsell from a mini to a full suite last year but it took an e-mail to the Captain's Circle after the cruise. YMMV.

We received two cruise credits each when we were upgraded from an outside to a full suite in 2010. Not saying your wrong about your own situation. Just that we did get it.

The Island doesn't have WS which are full suites, but she and the Coral do have four mini-suites all the way forward on Baja and Caribe decks without balconies. That is probably the type of cabin the poster was in. As mini-suites you would not get an additional cruise credit for those cabins, only in full suites.

You are correct, looking at a brouchure I see they classify these as mini suites. For me it was a nice upgrade and a great location for the canal day.

There are 8 windowless minis on each, Island/Coral.

And yes right next to the forwards doors to the viewing area. Great location. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks for the help. I'm on the edge of Elite so I'm thinking of 'getting it out of the way' in one shot. Then the whole family can enjoy the Elite benefits on our next longer cruise. It's something to seriously consider I think.

Are the other family members already Elite?

No not yet but I do know there's possibly certain things they couldn't take part in. The wine tasting, for one. Anything else? They are Platinum.

No not yet but I do know there's possibly certain things they couldn't take part in. The wine tasting, for one. Anything else? They are Platinum.

There really isn't much "sharing" of Elite perks possible.

Free laundry is just for Elites, not your whole family :eek:

You can share your mini-bar but you will still get only one.

We have gotten DD a priority tender pass when she was sharing our cabin.

You can share your six canapés on formal nights.

You can have everyone come to your cabin for Afternoon Tea.

You could pay for all of their Boutique purchases with your cruise card for the 10% discount.

Other than that, Platinums get the other perks that Elites get.

Question: if 1 family member is Elite, does the rest of the family get to eat breakfast at Sabatinis?

Anyone staying in the suite will get the breakfast. The breakfast is not connected to being Elite.

You are racking up the cruise credits! Good for you. Hope we sail together again, soon. Join us for an October Golden 3 day. We'll be in a WS. Book now and hope for a 100% cruise credit.

Wish we could. Going on an Hawaiian cruise in October. Mom's watching the dogs. She's not too happy with me. :p