Diamond Recognition mailing

WOO HOO! After receiving double cruise points on my last cruise I have officially become a Diamond member. (Thank you for you kind applause. You may be seated) It only took me 13 years, but hey, who's counting.

Obviously besides the balcony discount all the good benefits are to be used onboard, but I was wondering if RCCL sent anything out in the mail after achieving diamond status? It seems pretty hit and miss on what Crown and Anchor Society does and doesn't do anyway. I recall receiving a letter about achieving Platinum in the mail, but I thing my Emerald pin was delivered onboard. Anyway, was wondering if anyone got anything in the mail for Diamond.

WOO HOO! After receiving double cruise points on my last cruise I have officially become a Diamond member. (Thank you for you kind applause. You may be seated) It only took me 13 years, but hey, who's counting.

Obviously besides the balcony discount all the good benefits are to be used onboard, but I was wondering if RCCL sent anything out in the mail after achieving diamond status? It seems pretty hit and miss on what Crown and Anchor Society does and doesn't do anyway. I recall receiving a letter about achieving Platinum in the mail, but I thing my Emerald pin was delivered onboard. Anyway, was wondering if anyone got anything in the mail for Diamond.

All we got that I remember was our pin onboard the cruise after we hit the points for D. I don't remember if we received anything via snail or email about it. Doesn't matter one way or another to us because what matters is the onboard benefits.

We didn't receive anything for emerald when we turned on board. Also didn't receive anything while on board the following cruise either without having to ask LA about getting our pins. We did of course get emerald status on our sea-pass cards as expected. Turn diamond on our next cruise, B2B. Are we supposed to get pins on the cruise we turn diamond or the following cruise?

Are we supposed to get pins on the cruise we turn diamond or the following cruise?

You always get to use your benefits on the the cruise AFTER earning them. In your case, I would talk to someone on your cruise if you will indeed earn your benefits on the first sailing. I would doubt that your status would be updated quick enough for the second to just assume they would know.

We didn't receive anything for emerald when we turned on board. Also didn't receive anything while on board the following cruise either without having to ask LA about getting our pins. We did of course get emerald status on our sea-pass cards as expected. Turn diamond on our next cruise, B2B. Are we supposed to get pins on the cruise we turn diamond or the following cruise?

Since you do not "officially" become diamond until you complete the cruise, you'll get the pins on the following cruise.

Since you do not "officially" become diamond until you complete the cruise, you'll get the pins on the following cruise.

That is what I thought. But when we didn't get the pins this last cruise when we were "officially" emerald, I asked the LA and he said we should have got the pins on the previous cruise. If I recall accurately, we got our platinum pins the following cruise when we were "officially" platinum. I undertand the benefits part. Just was hoping to get some clarity on the pin part. Or does it just vary by ship and LA?

The amount of "promotional" email I receive tripled after turning diamond!!!!!! Pins are given the first cruise after reach the point requirement. As someone mentioned, if you reach the point requirement during the 1st cruise in a b2b, you'll probably need to talk to the LA to get the recognition for the 2nd cruise.

Good luck.

I am D+ and have never got my pins. But to be honest, I won't wear them anyway, so I don't really care much. Did get a couple of glass blocks for reaching certain point levels. I like those better. Can never have too many paperweights. :)

But what you want to be sure of is your status change. It's about the PERKS! Fantastic. Discounts on cabins, priority boarding, and...most of all.... FREE DRINKS!!!!

Make sure you have the status on your Seapass!

Did not get pins, did not get chef's choice amenity, did not get junk mail...don't care. As someone else said, the real perks are the value add ones like free photos, free internet time, cocktail hours, balcony discounts, etc.

I am D+ and have never got my pins. But to be honest, I won't wear them anyway, so I don't really care much. Did get a couple of glass blocks for reaching certain point levels. I like those better. Can never have too many paperweights. :)

But what you want to be sure of is your status change. It's about the PERKS! Fantastic. Discounts on cabins, priority boarding, and...most of all.... FREE DRINKS!!!!

Make sure you have the status on your Seapass!

I agree. We just turned Diamond and got the Diamond balcony discount on a cruise we booked this weekend, that's all that matters. Never got any "pins" for Emerald and wouldn't have used them anyway. Just give me the balcony discounts and diamond lounge:D

No pins for Emerald. Received our Diamond pins onboard first cruise after becoming Diamond. Not sure I will ever wear them, but I collect pins so nice to have. I agree about the balcony discount, free drinks, etc., but the one of the nicest things was our cabin steward went out of his way to congratulate us on our new status and thank us for being loyal customers. Sometimes you just want to be appreciated. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

That is what I thought. But when we didn't get the pins this last cruise when we were "officially" emerald, I asked the LA and he said we should have got the pins on the previous cruise. If I recall accurately, we got our platinum pins the following cruise when we were "officially" platinum. I undertand the benefits part. Just was hoping to get some clarity on the pin part. Or does it just vary by ship and LA?

For all the levels (platinum - D+), I have asked the LA each time for our pins as they've never been delivered to us.