Picture-A-Week 2014 - Week 19

May+033.JPG

Trematon Castle, Saltash, Cornwall, England. I only found out recently it was used to store Sir Francis Drakes treasure after he sailed around the world as he was unsure of the political situation at the time having been away for almost three years. I have a few photos, this last week has a few bluebells on the bank.

May+033.JPG

Trematon Castle, Saltash, Cornwall, England. I only found out recently it was used to store Sir Francis Drakes treasure after he sailed around the world as he was unsure of the political situation at the time having been away for almost three years. I have a few photos, this last week has a few bluebells on the bank.

Very interesting information.

Nice photo Dave. It looks like what we over the pond call Hydrangeas. It is a lovely colour. I don't have a pink one like that though. They do well where we live in Cornwall with plenty of moisture (rain). Ours will be out in a month or so.

My tree paeonies have finished and here is one or maybe two.Garden+2014+008.JPG

Nice photo Dave. It looks like what we over the pond call Hydrangeas. It is a lovely colour. I don't have a pink one like that though. They do well where we live in Cornwall with plenty of moisture (rain). Ours will be out in a month or so.

My tree paeonies have finished and here is one or maybe two.Garden+2014+008.JPG

It is a Hydrangea...my horticultural faux pas should be excused because they both start with H! :o

*Sigh*

Dave

Well my weekend shoots have been playing with a new camera, though the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me and keeps giving me cloudy days! Picked up the new Sony A6000 mirrorless a few weeks back to replace my NEX-5N, and have been working on answering my biggest question about it, which is 'have they finally made a mirrorless camera that can continuously focus on a fast-moving target just like my DSLR?'. Answer is, yes they have!:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Great pics, I also just bought the Sony A6000. Have been reading and learning from your info at DPreview and apprecaite the detail on how to set up the camera. I also have the Sony 55-210mm lens, was in my living room the other night with this lens on and tried the quick 11 frames/sec shot of our cat. This was in low light and not the best conditions for taking a pic. An impressed with the speed and quick auto-focus. So now my NEX-6 will be backup lol. Thanks again for all you great information on this camera LOVE It.

Tom :cool:

DSC00031_zps37ce6fda.jpg

DSC00028_zpse566a532.jpg