Taxi, Shuttle,Town Car, Limo??? Ft. Lauderdale

angie1818

What experience has anyone had with hiring a taxi, Shuttle, Town Car, or Limo from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Port? All seem to be expensive. Carnival shuttle is $60. Taxi is $80 to $85 depending on traffic. Shuttles are about the same since there is only two of us.

I found a limo co that will pick us up and also do a return trip for $75 each way in a Town Car. It includes a meet and greet at no charge so I wouldn't have any problem with finding our driver.

So help, let me hear your suggestions - experience

What experience has anyone had with hiring a taxi, Shuttle, Town Car, or Limo from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Port? All seem to be expensive. Carnival shuttle is $60. Taxi is $80 to $85 depending on traffic. Shuttles are about the same since there is only two of us.

I found a limo co that will pick us up and also do a return trip for $75 each way in a Town Car. It includes a meet and greet at no charge so I wouldn't have any problem with finding our driver.

So help, let me hear your suggestions - experience

You must mean the port of Miami. The FLL airport is just a few miles from the FLL cruise port. The disadvantage of Carnival's shuttles is that they have to fill up before the shuttle pulls out.

Edited by RWolver672

I have done all of those:

• The town car is great as long as you only have 2-3 people. More than that and luggage space becomes a problem. Most that we road in were older and showing their age, but all of the drivers so far have been good. Its a comfortable ride and the meet and greet means you don't need to go looking for your car curbside.
  • The Carnival bus involves a lot of waiting at both ends. You wait for the bus to fill up and everyone's luggage to get loaded. I've seen several busses leave at the same time so you may need to wait for more than one bus to fill up. Then you wait on the bus for all of the luggage to get unloaded before they let you off. Again if multiple busses arrive at the same time, they only unload one at a time. Then you stand in line with bus loads of people.
  • The taxi fare you quoted is accurate. Make sure your driver understands you want the sea port. One tried to take us to the Miami airport from FLL. Taxi is a fast and convenient was to go, especially if you have 4 or more people and can get a van.
  • There is a shuttle service at the airport you can reserve. They don't take as long as the Carnival busses to fill up but can still involve waiting longer than the taxi or town car option.

I most cases we stay overnight in a hotel on Hollywood beach then take a taxi to the port the next morning. One of the town car drivers gave us a card and we scheduled all of our pickups and drop-offs with him for the whole trip.

Great information! I am leaning towards the town car. It's with Black Pearl Limo's and they seem to be rated high. By chance are they the company you have used? We did the Carnival transfer once - enough said!

Great information! I am leaning towards the town car. It's with Black Pearl Limo's and they seem to be rated high. By chance are they the company you have used? We did the Carnival transfer once - enough said!

Go Airport Shuttle, based inside FLL, used to offer towncar service from FLL to POM/downtown Miami for about $75 -- worth checking out. ;)

We took a taxi from Port Everglades to FLL last Sunday morning after our Independence cruise. Fare was $14.90. Took 10-12 minutes.

The OP is not talking about going to Port Everglades from FLL. The OP is asking about going from FLL to Port of Miami.