Norwegian Sun or Rhapsody OTS for South America?

clojacks

FINALLY!! And Hooray!! Now that I have some decisions to make regarding sailing around the horn in either February OR March of 2016, I could use some expert advice. It is coming down to either the Sun or Rhapsody as the 2 prices are very attractive over Celebrity for 2016, and Holland and Princess haven't released 2016 yet. So, bearing that in mind, can anyone offer their opinions on which of these they would choose and why? Sun does the Falklands....Rhapsody doesn't. Sun is a little smaller, but not by much. But, Rhapsody gets a considerably higher score from the cruise critic than Sun, 83% to 76%. Or isn't that a considerable difference? Would really like to book in the next couple of days and your guidance/suggestions will sure help.

Congratulations!

If you are considering a suite or a mini-suite then I would go with the Sun. Full suites on NCL are really amazing compared to any other comparable line. Mini-suites on the Sun, while they do not have any perks, are the nicest mini-suites around, IMHO.

Congratulations!

If you are considering a suite or a mini-suite then I would go with the Sun. Full suites on NCL are really amazing compared to any other comparable line. Mini-suites on the Sun, while they do not have any perks, are the nicest mini-suites around, IMHO.

Well, if it was going to be our last cruise ever, we would do it, but we are looking at balconies for the foreseeable future. ( so we can continue to cruise!!)

• 2 weeks later...

So, the itineraries are nearly identical, with the exception of the Sun visiting the Falklands. So, assuming we are looking to book a balcony, why would someone pick one over the other? Without cheerleading for one line or the other, why would YOU pick NCL or Royal for this specific cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, the itineraries are nearly identical, with the exception of the Sun visiting the Falklands. So, assuming we are looking to book a balcony, why would someone pick one over the other? Without cheerleading for one line or the other, why would YOU pick NCL or Royal for this specific cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't been on either ship (or on Royal for that matter), but if everything else seems about equal to you, then the possibility of visiting the Falklands I think would be a huge plus. But I say "possibility" because, from what I've read, the weather sometimes causes ships to miss this port call, so just keep that in mind. If you haven't done so already, you might want to research this over on the SA board.

Whatever you choose, have a fantastic trip!

I've been on both ships, and for me the Sun appeared a little younger (ship, not the cruisers). I felt a bit more of a "vibe" if you will. The Rhapsody felt dated to me, especially the decor. However, I will say I prefer the flow of the Rhapsody's buffet over the Sun's.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

s

All things being exactly equal, I would pick the Rhapsody. The RCI Vision Class ships are beautiful and the retractable glass covered adults only Solarium pool is a huge plus for Rhapsody. So for the ship, Rhapsody.

But then you mention the Falklands. For a cruise like this, I'd weigh heavily on the itinerary and that gives a definite advantage to Sun. Tough choice.