Can I bring soda can to MDR?

uilleann

As long as we are off subject here.... A long long time ago I was a USAF B-52 pilot. We would go on 12 hr missions regularly. There was always lots of coffee on board but a pilot I flew with would always bring a tall glass full of ice and a cooler with 6 large cans of coke. He would sip coke constantly over that 12 hr mission. I must say he was always very alert!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought I was the one keeping Tab in production! Been addicted since 1963.:D

We must find the other one who is still drinking it too! I started drinking it back then too. As long as they make it, I will drink it and haul it all around the world if I have to.

I dont drink alcohol.... Wife does. At home I usually have an Arnciata or Limonata (san pellegrino products) with dinner. I have read that HAL only carries coke products. I will be bringing a couple of six packs with me. And I would like to bring a can or a filled glass with me to the MDR...... Unless I am wrong about what HAL carries. Will they stop me from doing that?

San Pellegrino Arnciata is a favorite of mine too! I don't believe I've ever seen it on HAL.

You will be fine bringing either a glass or can into the MDR. People who order soft drinks in the MDR are also served cans, so they are not out of place in the MDR at all.

:D Of course, we all get your point.

I drink about a 6 pack of soda in a year so I think it amazes me to read how much soda means to some people. Certainly there is nothing wrong with drinking soda whenever you like but I am getting a 'kick' learning some people have soda with breakfast. :eek: Have it. You don't need anyone's permission but Wow!!! :D

I'm so boring. Coffee and iced water with breakfast. Ice tea or water at lunch and water and wine at dinner. Maybe I'll get really wild and have a Diet Coke at lunch.... in Pinnacle! :)

You get hot caffeine in the morning and I take mine cold :D

Celebrity has the morning Coke crowd figured out as that actually have a little space setup in their Lido where you can get soft drinks as early as 6:00 am. On HAL I have to be sure to have it on hand as you can't find it before around lunch. We did one time have an awesome waiter at breakfast that went down to the crew lounge to retrieve one for me at breakfast. Rest assured I tipped him and included a comment in my survey about that!

Edited by KirkNC

As long as we are off subject here.... A long long time ago I was a USAF B-52 pilot. We would go on 12 hr missions regularly. There was always lots of coffee on board but a pilot I flew with would always bring a tall glass full of ice and a cooler with 6 large cans of coke. He would sip coke constantly over that 12 hr mission. I must say he was always very alert!

I knew a couple of BUFF pilots who took a little booze on their flight...eventually got busted of course

Back in the KI Sawyer days

I knew a couple of BUFF pilots who took a little booze on their flight...eventually got busted of course

Wow.... Not smart. You need your wits about you when an emergency happens. We accidentally dropped our FULL fuel tanks on a mission. Thats 6000 gallons of jet fuel. luckily it landed in a farmers field..... But as soon as we hit the ground it was blood and urine sample time. BTW.... They blamed the mishap on the coke drinker.....

Must have made low-level a little moe exciting!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.... Not smart. You need your wits about you when an emergency happens. We accidentally dropped our FULL fuel tanks on a mission. Thats 6000 gallons of jet fuel. luckily it landed in a farmers field..... But as soon as we hit the ground it was blood and urine sample time. BTW.... They blamed the mishap on the coke drinker.....

my most memorable time was as a nurse, getting a call for a possible landing problem during MITO - we were in the ambulance ON THE LANDING STRIP with one of those big suckers coming toward us.....oh noes!!!:eek: we almost WERE the problem

I don't suppose anyone would stop you carrying a can of soda to MDR for dinner but I don't think I would do that. I would feel uncomfortable bringing the can with me.

Hello Again Sail !:):)

Just got back from an RCCI Bermuda Cruise ..... It certainly wasn't the Westerdam.

I missed my HAL Thread Fixes ! :)

We're going to do the Southern/Panama Partial in Nov ... On HAL ... so I'm thrilled to be back on these boards. The RCCI's get pretty ugly on some of the topics.