BOGOHO rates are on the rise....

I figured Royal would increase rates under the BOGOHO promotion, and increase they have! Both cruises I booked for 2015 are up $200 - $600 (:eek:) and my 2016 cruise is up over $300. I knew when I saw the rates for this sale that I needed to jump on it. Guess the demand of people making new bookings (or adjusting existing bookings) is driving the costs up. Glad I booked on the first day of the sale! ;)

Same thing going on for agency group cruise planned for Oct of 15. Agency notified of change in pricing today. Honoring initial pricing for their clients who book thru tomorrow. After that new pricing applies. Nothing agency can do..RCCL has the control

The only reason we didn't book right away was because we are planning a wedding cruise and wanted to confirm the dates with the Royal Romance people first. I called them earlier today (before the rate hike) and left a message and then started reading the forums here. Then I saw this post and went back to check on the pricing and found the disappointing reality.

I just called RCCL to see if there was any way to get the lower price. They said there wasn't.

It's too bad they don't have the same Customer Service on land as they do at sea.

I just checked the cruise I have booked and the GS went up 1,000. and the JS $550.

WOW - glad I called and got the reduction on the first day. I keep looking thinking maybe it will go down again before the end of the month. I'll keep looking but I think as they book rooms the prices will only go up!

OS we booked for the Oct 25, 2015 sailing went up over $500. Glad we got in when and booked when we did! Group rates we recvd ended up being pretty much 2 for 1 instead of BOGOHO ....truly amazing!

Edited by MamaTene

I noticed that too, was looking to book a second cabin and our JS price went up. Glad I booked on May 1! Wish I would have thought about the 2nd cabin then. O'well it's booked now, the prices will just keep going up and up through out the month

Good luck all! ;)

I just checked our Nov 2015 Vision cruise and the price is the same as we booked last week for our JS. And the "starting" from inside price is the same, so no change so far. My guess is because it's not filling up as fast, but it's a great 10 night itinerary.

Edited by BND

My OS for Oasis in March went up $700 between Sunday and Monday. Since we had been one of those booked on the Anthem TA that got canceled, my TA called and RCCL still let us transfer the deposit to the Oasis. Even though we were told the deposit would be refunded if we didn't book something by April 30th. We also got the $200 OBC they promised from the canceled Anthem TA.

Rule #1 with RCI. If you see a good price do not wait to book as it can be gone very quickly.

I'm a believer now. I put a courtesy hold on a cabin just this morning and sometime today the price went up by $407. I just processed my deposit so I got in under the wire.....

Whew!

Me too. My inside cabin on the Allure for January 2015 went up 450$! I had a combination on CAS discount and the BOGOHO sale. The CAS is not offered anymore on that date. Glad we booked early. That difference would have added a little less than 1/3 to the cost of the cruise!!

RCCL changed the promotion today to a now (2014 with obc) or later

(2nd passenger 50%) with the sale starting today. They increased some but not all. I'm sure it has to do with demand. Ours went up almost $300.

Just read all of your comments & we had looked over the weekend at the Sept 6, 2015 on Freedom, not knowing about this BOGOHO promo & we freaked out at the price of a JS WITH our Diamond discount! I was going to wait to book it in the a.m., but after reading all of your posts I just hung up with a TA on a very good website & got us for less than a $1,000 EACH for a JS!!! HUGE discount for us!!! It'll be 4 years next Sept since we've stepped foot on a cruise ship so we're PAST due to GET OUT THERE!! And for $997 EACH in a JS, I would of DIED if I waited until the morning & price had gone up!!! :D