BOGOHO rates are on the rise....

I'm guessing that the initial price you see was the lowest price that was available in a major (inside, outside, etc.) category, but then when you drill down and actually pick a specific category (N, I, etc.), that lowest priced specific category is no longer available, so you see a different price.

I thought that too but I can't find any cheaper options in the major category although I could be missing something.

At first I thought they were showing you the bogoho fares upfront because it breaks down that way. But they show the same 1 & 2 person fares later. Maybe it's a glitch.

For ex 1764 and 882 =2646 / 2 = 1323

What is ship, cabin category, and sail date?

If it is a question of multiple choices, like K, L, M, K, Q, you should be able to click on each colored box and it should show you the price pp of that room before you select a specific room. That way you can see the difference in all of the rates.

Radiance of the Seas, Balcony, June 12th-19th

It lists the balcony price for the major category as $1322-1416 so I selected the 'Deluxe Oceanview stateroom with balcony'. That then lists the price as $1322-1341 for categories E1 E2 and E3. In the next screen I looked through all those categories on all the decks available and the cheapest I can find is $3,038 which then lists the $1,764 'cruise fare' instead of the $1,322 Per Person price

Thanks for the help with this!

Edited by Exterous

I thought that too but I can't find any cheaper options in the major category although I could be missing something.

That's what I tried to say, but not very well. The cheaper prices for a different sub-category may have been there a few days ago, but they haven't updated the first page of the website to reflect current availability. In other words, the first page is not a real time view of prices, like the subsequent page is.

Edited by clarea

This is what I see when I click through:

(click on the link to the right, "view summary of charges")

Stateroom Stateroom Total $3,038.68 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,764.00 $1,764.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $196.84 $196.84

Discount: $0.00 ($883.00)

Per Person Total: $1,960.84 $1,077.84

The 883 is subtracted off for the bogoho. It is for an E3

It does show each person as 1764 but look farther down to see the discount.

Edited by marci22

YIPEE!! Just got my "revised" invoice from TA and I saved $830.00 for my Hawaii Transpacific cruise next April!! I am sooo happy!!!! That means my cruise next week to the Baltic Sea I have extra money!!!:eek:

I've also noticed that when you move from the search page that shows available ships and sail dates, when you hit book now, you have to go back to the top of the screen and make sure the sail date you want is still there. I've noticed that the date changes there and you have to go back into the drop down menu and choose the correct sail date again. The price shown on the search screen is the lowest price available for that ship and itinerary, but the price varies by date.

This is what I see when I click through:

(click on the link to the right, "view summary of charges")

Stateroom Stateroom Total $3,038.68 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,764.00 $1,764.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $196.84 $196.84

Discount: $0.00 ($883.00)

Per Person Total: $1,960.84 $1,077.84

The 883 is subtracted off for the bogoho. It is for an E3

It does show each person as 1764 but look farther down to see the discount.

Yeah - I saw this discount but their PP price on that page still doesn't match the PP pricing they list on the first couple of pages for the cruise

That's what I tried to say, but not very well. The cheaper prices for a different sub-category may have been there a few days ago, but they haven't updated the first page of the website to reflect current availability. In other words, the first page is not a real time view of prices, like the subsequent page is.

Probably. I might give them a call and though

Yeah - I saw this discount but their PP price on that page still doesn't match the PP pricing they list on the first couple of pages for the cruise

You said the price pp was ~1322.

1764 + 881 = 2645/2 people = 1322.5 pp Then you add in the taxes and fees.

I've also noticed that when you move from the search page that shows available ships and sail dates, when you hit book now, you have to go back to the top of the screen and make sure the sail date you want is still there. I've noticed that the date changes there and you have to go back into the drop down menu and choose the correct sail date again. The price shown on the search screen is the lowest price available for that ship and itinerary, but the price varies by date.

Yes I have been tricked by that!!!!

You said the price pp was ~1322.

1764 + 881 = 2645/2 people = 1322.5 pp Then you add in the taxes and fees.

Yes, and I have been tricked by that too!

They really need to have the pp price on the first page match the pp price less the discount on the booking page as well. I know it's been stated before, and yes, I know the total is the same, but it really does come across as a bait & switch.

I didn't even know about this sale...called to find out about mailing some certificates and to make a payment....I asked if our cruise rate might have changed. The gentleman checked and it had gone down $350 dollars! :)

i was just looking last night to see if we might want to book for 2016. I was able to get the same aft cabin with the sale, and it was even $50.00 less than the cruise for 2015! I'm thrilled!:)

Bob and others,

I really wonder about them not updating the PP cabin prices and the pages. Since the "sale" started, the "lowest" cabin price for the cabin we wanted has gone down! :cool: BUT the price you get after going through all the pages is $300.00 - $700.00 PP more now! :eek: They are updating something . . . but NOT what they need to update! :D

I HATE come-ons! It looks like this sale is one BIG one! :o

We booked on the second day of the sale so got a good price. . . Just while on the phone waiting 1+ hour, the price went up $100.00 PP! ! ! :rolleyes:

It appears to me that they're adjusting prices based on availability. I called the first day and got an $800 savings on a Serenade cruise for next March.:) I'm glad I didn't wait...the price of a GS went up $700/person yesterday!:eek:

I had been watching cruises on the Liberty that were further out (December 2015). Prices had stayed the same, so I called this afternoon to make a reservation before they got any clever ideas about raising the price!:D

Bob and others,

I really wonder about them not updating the PP cabin prices and the pages. Since the "sale" started, the "lowest" cabin price for the cabin we wanted has gone down! :cool: BUT the price you get after going through all the pages is $300.00 - $700.00 PP more now! :eek: They are updating something . . . but NOT what they need to update! :D

I HATE come-ons! It looks like this sale is one BIG one!

I have not seen any prices that were incorrectly updated. I have looked at a lot of cruises. So far, what I have seen is that a lot of people are getting to the cabin selection page and seeing the correct cost pp, which will be higher than the initial price shown, with the discount shown below in ( )

The first page prices, per person, are an average of the actual price and the half-off second price. So you will see a price of $1500pp initially, then the next page will show you $2000 pp, but they take $1000 off the second person. So the price they are showing you on the first page is the average price pp, in terms of the bogoho. 2000 + 1000 = 3000/2 people = 1500.

It's confusing.

Edited by marci22

As someone totally disgusted by the attitude and disregard shown by RCI to its loyal non US customers that do not qualify for this 'sale', I'm not surprised the prices are increasing. What do you expect? It's called supply & demand.

You're all rushing in to book cruises, many booking lots of them which you'll no doubt cancel before final payment, supply is diminishing, so prices are rising.

You can't have it both ways, cheap prices and lots of availability.

I can't wait to see the prices when you all start cancelling for no penalty (something we can't do btw) nor no loss of deposit like we do. I'll just wait and perhaps snap up the deals later, although I won't get the cabin I want because many of you have them basically 'on hold' preventing me from getting them.

And don't tell me to use a US TA, I don't see why I have to when I want to book direct with RCI online to control my booking.

I know RCI don't care about losing my business, but guess what I'm taking my holiday pounds elsewhere after the ones I have already got booked.

US and UK are two different markets. Each one has its pros and cons. You do have the option of booking with a US TA but you don't want to. All anyone can do is vote with their dollars.

Royal didn't have this sale to reward anyone. They did it because they had too many openings on their ships. If not enough people were booking in UK I guess they would have some kind of promo too.

US and UK are two different markets. Each one has its pros and cons. You do have the option of booking with a US TA but you don't want to. All anyone can do is vote with their dollars.

Royal didn't have this sale to reward anyone. They did it because they had too many openings on their ships. If not enough people were booking in UK I guess they would have some kind of promo too.

Yes and we're sailing on those ships, just as US guests are. We're not trying to get deals on sailings out of the UK, the one in 2016 sailing out of Fort Lauderdale that I booked months ago the day it came on sale, to supposedly snag a good rate is down in price for US guests, not UK. Ships don't sail solely out of US ports with solely US guests.

Doesn't matter, we'll never agree on the discrimination RCI shows to it's non-US guests.

It's like the on board booking. Flyers are delivered on a near daily basis to your cabin offering OBC, other incentives and $100 pp deposit and advises "Come see your Loyalty Ambassador at the Future Cruise Desk and take advantage of these offers!". "Oh, sorry no, the reduced deposit is only for US guests, you need to stump up a non-refundable deposit of $480 for the 2 of you" - tell me that's not discrimination. No cooling off period, nothing, nada, change your mind the minute you get off the ship - mmm, sorry lose that $480.

Edited by peteukmcr

We're planning to book a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Oasis in February 2015 and the total price for 2 for an Ocean View Balcony has increased in price by well over $300 today compared with the prices yesterday. As an example a D1 was previously listed at $2758 for 2 passengers and is now $3137, both prices including the BOGOHO.

I hadn't looked at the prices before the BOGOHO sale started and would be interested to know what the D1, D8 etc category cabins would normally go for when there is no sale. I think we probably still should book while the sale is on, even at the higher price, but I wonder if the price is inflated to allow for the 50% discount for the second person, and whether the prices may stabilise after this sale is finished, but I realise that like with air fares no one knows what will happen with pricing.

We're planning to book a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Oasis in February 2015 and the total price for 2 for an Ocean View Balcony has increased in price by well over $300 today compared with the prices yesterday. As an example a D1 was previously listed at $2758 for 2 passengers and is now $3137, both prices including the BOGOHO.

I hadn't looked at the prices before the BOGOHO sale started and would be interested to know what the D1, D8 etc category cabins would normally go for when there is no sale. I think we probably still should book while the sale is on, even at the higher price, but I wonder if the price is inflated to allow for the 50% discount for the second person, and whether the prices may stabilise after this sale is finished, but I realise that like with air fares no one knows what will happen with pricing.

I don't think they're inflated. I just looked at my Oasis sailing for this November, which is the least expensive week that month (the week before Thanksgiving). The D1 fare is $3,029. For the week after Thanksgiving, the fare for a D1 is $3,609.

I just noticed you've cruised with Celebrity. If your status is at least Select, you can join Crown and Anchor and get reciprocal benefits. Those include a balcony discount for Platinum and up.

Edited by Cindy
Add C&A information