Should we pack any jeans for Caribbean in May?

scrapperluv

Hi everyone!

I've never been to the Caribbean and I'm not sure if the temperature drops at night. Especially on the ocean, do we get a chilly sea breeze?

I'm leaning towards not packing long jeans as they're bulky and I don't think we'll need them, but I'm wondering what you all advise. My son and husband might need them packed if it's chilly??? I'll just pack leggings for myself and I'll be fine.

Thanks!

I'd suggest light weight linen or cotton pants. Light weight denim might be okay. The coolness you'll feel at night on a cruise ship is due to the AC on the ship. And be aware of any dining clothing restrictions your cruise line may have for their Main Dining Rooms and premium(additional cost) dining venues.

I normally pack either a pair of white or colored jeans. But I use them on the ship at night because the lounges can get cold. I never wear them ashore. The only time I packed a lot of jeans was when we were cruising mid November and were staying a few days pre cruise in New Orleans.

No, May is gorgeous and very warm. I've never even thought of taking jeans to the Caribbean. You'll be fine. Maybe a light jacket or sweater for the evenings, but unless you get really cold legs for some reason, I would not pack them.

I personally have never taken any jeans with me; my hubby has. Just personal preference I guess. I did take a light windbreaker once when we cruised in April and were glad we had them for up on deck in the evenings when it was windy.

I'm the one standing in the airport in shorts and flip flops in Charlotte in November when everyone else is already wearing boots and wool coats! I got lucky, only down in the 50's and it was only from the car to the plane and the plane to the car - but I don't pack jeans for the Caribbean - ever!

Capris, yes. Lightweight sweat pants, yes! Jeans, no!

I normally pack either a pair of white or colored jeans. But I use them on the ship at night because the lounges can get cold. I never wear them ashore. The only time I packed a lot of jeans was when we were cruising mid November and were staying a few days pre cruise in New Orleans.

True! The only time in Cozumel you'll need jeans is ON the ship because the public areas can get very chilly!

LuLu

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

I've never been to the Caribbean and I'm not sure if the temperature drops at night. Especially on the ocean, do we get a chilly sea breeze?

I'm leaning towards not packing long jeans as they're bulky and I don't think we'll need them, but I'm wondering what you all advise. My son and husband might need them packed if it's chilly??? I'll just pack leggings for myself and I'll be fine.

Thanks!

FYI- Never wear denim when it's hot because denim DOES NOT absorb heat...always wear cotton, like Dockers or something similar...I live in warm weather and do not EVER wear jeans when it's past 80 degrees....if you are cold blooded ( or a wuss like my Dad used to say,lol..) then jeans may be OK...the Caribbean is so rarely "chilly" especially in May...if you consider 80 degrees at night chilly, then you may need something...actually, it's the SHIP which most find sometimes chilly ( like my wife )...and the temps don't drop like the cities in the States, where it can be 90 degrees during the day, but 65 at night- not gonna happen in the Caribb...

Big Al

If I remember correctly , it was colder inside on the ship than it was outside, even at night. With that said, better to bring one pair if you you have doubts. Better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums