Why is my hair always perfect in the morning on a cruise?

I am a woman with short hair, and it's a given that I wake up at home with a severe case of "bedhead" -- with my hair standing up at all angles!

However, in 30 cruises, I have never woken up with bedhead. Perhaps my cabin steward sneaks in during the middle of the night to smooth my hair down, but seriously ... it never happens on a cruise. I wake up every time with perfect hair!

Is it the cabin temperature? Is it the cozy pillows? Is it being gently rocked to sleep by the motion of the ocean?

Do you, too, wake up with perfect hair on a cruise??

One word - humidity.

Yep, I'd agree. Not only does the humidity eliminate the static between your head and the pillowcase, but it cuts down on dry, flyaway hair too. My hair curls like crazy in the humidity. Now, that drives some ladies straight to their flat-irons -- but, I love the effect. My DH and I laugh about all the money I spent on permanents, when I was younger. When all I really needed to do was move to the Caribbean! :p

I only wish! Given that the room's shower ususally only lets out a trickle of water...I don't think I've ever washed out all my shampoo on a cruise. Of course, this means I can't use regular conditioner so I try a spray-on leave in. Greasy, flat hair with a coated feeling for the whole trip. My flat iron seems to make the situation worse but I still try on formal night - all other times I just pull it back and forget about it.

THis made me smile.My hair is VERY curly and down here in FL.its humid,most of time.So I wake up with FRIZZ.Just as I do on cruise.

So instead of taking life long cruise,move down here.hahah:)

Three words for you - Deva Curl products.

Or as the curly hair goddess says - wherever there is frizz there is naturally curly hair waiting for the right product!!!

Thanks for tip, I ve tried almost every product.Never heard of that one.Will give it a try.

I have gone totally silicone and sulfate free [blonde frizzy hair for years] and Deva Curl was an awesome find. Although - I will have to say after looking in the mirror at lunch - I am truly loving Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curls. I've got soft spirals today with humidity in the air!! Sorry for the advertisement.

Guest maddycat
I only wish! Given that the room's shower ususally only lets out a trickle of water...I don't think I've ever washed out all my shampoo on a cruise. Of course, this means I can't use regular conditioner so I try a spray-on leave in. Greasy, flat hair with a coated feeling for the whole trip. My flat iron seems to make the situation worse but I still try on formal night - all other times I just pull it back and forget about it.

You're cruising on the wrong cruiseline. The water pressure in the showers on RCI ships is great.

For me it is 'Salt Water'. I have thick, permed, curly hair that at home needs styling but when on the ship, even when in cold climates my hair is exposed to sea air. I get that marvellous wildy curly beach hair that takes time and money to achieve at home :) Its even better when on South Pacific cruises where I am swimming and snorkelling in the sea quite often - look a real surfie girl. Well at least as much a surfie girl as a 58 year old woman can look.