New to HAL, cruising Maasdam, ? on dinner menus

masonpips

Hi,

We've cruised DCL, RCCL and X. We're cruising with my parents (and our two teens, total of 6) out of Boston on July 5. It's kind of a pre-celebration for my parent's upcoming 50th wedding anniversary. I'd like to schedule dinner at Pinnacle for the 6 of us during the week.

We've experienced a typical "rotation" menu on other lines and you can pick/choose your date for the speciality restaurant based on the regular dinner menu offerings. Being new to HAL, wondering if it's similar (and if someone has a link to the typical rotation?) and/or if you could reccomend a night to schedule for this cruise?

Also, is there a typical "lobster" night in the main dining room? Thanks for any input/advice!

Itinerary

Boston - Board

Bar Harbor

Halifax

Sydney

Charlottetown

Cruising

Quebec

Montreal - Disembark

There are some menus at halfacts.com (just click the link in my signature).

If you can figure out your formal nights (typically sea days), those are usually the better meals and you can reserve your specialty dining for the other nights.

We just got off the Maasdam less than a month ago and the food in the MDR was quite good.

Have a great cruise:D

On the last formal night HAL has Surf and Turf.

Are the formal nights generally nights 2 & 6? That is our shortest day in port (departure at 3 pm) and our cruising day.

Thanks kazu, we were typing at the same time!

Edited by masonpips

Are the formal nights generally nights 2 & 6? That is our shortest day in port (departure at 3 pm) and our cruising day.

Thanks kazu, we were typing at the same time!

You are welcome. As long as your sea day is not the LAST night of the cruise then it will be a formal night. The last night is never a formal night as bags need to be out.

If you post your itinerary and times (call some of us lazy I guess) - then I am sure some will hazard a guess for the formal nights for you ;)

For your Boston to Montreal Maasdam itinerary, the formal nights will be Sunday

and Thursday. We have done that itinerary, b-to-b, a great many times.

HAL always serves lobster the last formal night. :)

Be sure to have some ashore in your ports. Lobster in Halifax and Bar Harbor is outstanding. If you like mussels, Charlottetown (PEI) are about the best anywhere. ;)