Any Advantage to NCL Transport to port

Regguy

We're on a cruise sailing from Copenhagen at 5:00 p.m. and have a flight that lands at noon. If everything goes as planned, it should be no problem to grab a cab. I'm a little worried about delays, but even so, we have a few hours of buffer.

My question is, if we use NCL transportation, do we gain anything in terms of protection for delay or convenience? NCL permits us to book their transportation so long as our plane's scheduled arrival is before 1:00 p.m., so we could do it. But we're a party of 4 and the cost is $35 each, so it would be $140, as opposed to about $80 to $85 for a cab.

Does taking the NCL bus get us anything worth paying the difference? The idea of handing over our bags and not having to worry about anything seems kind of nice, but the Copenhagen airport looks pretty manageable, and so I'm not really sure that the extra $50 or so is worth it.

Just grab a cab and go.

We have used the trasnportation services before; stand around and wait an hour or two, hop into a vehicle, sit for 30 more minutes, wait for more people........and its no bargain. Why should I pay good money for this?

Just grab a cab and go.:)

Just grab a cab and go.

We have used the trasnportation services before; stand around and wait an hour or two, hop into a vehicle, sit for 30 more minutes, wait for more people........and its no bargain. Why should I pay good money for this?

Just grab a cab and go.:)

That advice is spot on

The advantage of booking ground transportation thru cruise line would be; they take care of you. Let's say there are ten passengers on your flight from the US; and all have booked ground transportation thru NCL; they will make sure you get to the ship. Your flight lands at noon; by the time you clear customs and get your bags it will be almost 1pm. Taxi will have you at cruise terminal by 1:30. The only scary part of this is flight delays coming in. Mechanical, weather, etc. So if it were me; I would fly in the day before.

Edited by AF-1

So if it were me; I would fly in the day before.

Good advice. Copenhagen is a nice smaller city for some sightseeing and hitting the bed afterwards. Flying in after a short night onboard a intercontinental flight and embarking, no thanks. Would be a waste of your 1st day of vacation. ;)

Within Europe same day, without doubt.

And yes on the cab, I've never seen a cheap or great value cruiseline transfer. Would only do that as a last option.

And yes on the cab, I've never seen a cheap or great value cruiseline transfer. Would only do that as a last option.

The NCL transfers from San Marco airport in Venice to the port costs £9.00 each way. A taxi both ways costs €90 or the cheapest direct transfer is €60 both ways. 39% cheaper !

The advantage of booking ground transportation thru cruise line would be; they take care of you. Let's say there are ten passengers on your flight from the US; and all have booked ground transportation thru NCL; they will make sure you get to the ship. Your flight lands at noon; by the time you clear customs and get your bags it will be almost 1pm. Taxi will have you at cruise terminal by 1:30. The only scary part of this is flight delays coming in. Mechanical, weather, etc. So if it were me; I would fly in the day before.

Thanks. We're coming in from CDG, so there should be no immigration delay, just baggage. But, in the end you're right, a delay of more than 2 hours would put us in a tough spot. It looks like there are other scheduled flights that day that we could try to get on, on AF and SAS, if it became clear early enough that our flight would be delayed. But, on balance, we decided that another full day in Paris was worth the risk.

The NCL transfers from San Marco airport in Venice to the port costs £9.00 each way. A taxi both ways costs €90 or the cheapest direct transfer is €60 both ways. 39% cheaper !

From some stuff I saw on line, it looks as though the cost for transfer to the CPH port for those who booked in Europe is 15 euro, but the cost for USA bookers is $35. Quite a difference. I may ask my travel agent whether there's a way to get the price for Europe.