Quiet Places Aboard?

We have cruised Carnival many times and have rarely had a balcony. There are always little nooks and crannies around the ship that are very quiet. Also, the library is almost always a great place to just relax. Hope this helps. :)

If quiet time is what you're looking for I would suggest booking a balcony. That way it's your own space for relaxation and you don't have to worry about lots of people, music etc around the ship. While there are likely a few places on every ship that get less traffic than others, nothing beats a balcony for me.

My favorite time on board is between about 5AM and 7AM. Just about anywhere you go on board will be quiet.

...except for the music piped in 24/7 (at least on Paradise). And not nice jazz or Motown or blues at 7 a.m. - or any other time. Mostly funk, street music, etc. :rolleyes: My biggest complaint about that ship was the noise. Carnival is not a quiet cruise line. I second the balcony suggestion.

Edited by bailey57

My favorite time on board is between about 5AM and 7AM.

Just about anywhere you go on board will be quiet.

And Guest Services is all yours!

As an early riser, I do any and (most)all business with Guest Services at this quiet time.

I have no idea what these "long lines" are.. that I hear about!

Edited by Aplmac

We have not cruised Carnival. We will take a cruise during the quiet season.

Are there quiet places aboard? Is there a long promenade?

Should we book a balcony to have quiet times?

Thank you.

Trudy

I'm not sure what you mean by the "quiet season". You can always find a quiet place on most any ship. It's just a matter of exploring around a bit. The length of the promenade area varies from one class of ship to another. Which ship are you considering?

I have sailed on a few Carnival ships and have always found the Library to be a very serene place to go.

It generally has floor to ceiling windows so you can enjoy the view and a door that shuts so you can escape the noise and the crowds and nice big comfortable chairs ;)

We were on the Liberty last month, and the library was hardly ever open - maybe an hour or two in the morning and another hour or two in the afternoon. We were scratching our heads as to why the space hadn't been turned into something that people could actually use. And if I recall correctly, it was an interior space - no views of the seas.

Some bars a lounges are quiet during the day. But I agree with those who say a balcony is the best way to make sure you always have a private, quiet space of your own.

There is an outdoor promenade on the Liberty which is usually empty and quiet. There are lounge chairs, but on our cruise they were often stacked and tied down for some reason.

There is an outdoor promenade on the Liberty which is usually empty and quiet. There are lounge chairs, but on our cruise they were often stacked and tied down for some reason.

Our first cruise on the Destiny and our second on the Victory, they had the lounge chairs all set up on that area. It was the nicest place to just sit and relax or talk, especially late at night. For all of the rest of our cruises on the Conquest class, there never were any lounge chairs set up out there. We could never figure that out.

On the Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty and Freedom you can get quiet outdoor time on the exteriors of Lobby deck 3. It's also usually pretty quiet during the day sitting around the Lobby. On decks 6, 7 and 8 if you go all the way forward you can go out to the very front of the ship, there are a couple of benches to sit at, but the bulkhead prevents you from having a view, it is a great place to be when coming into a port. Along the Promenade on deck 5 there are chairs, tables and sofa's to relax in with a great view to the outside, the further aft you go the quieter and less crowded it gets.

On the Dream, Magic and Breeze they moved the deck 3 exterior spaces up to deck 5. There are two hot tubs on either side of the ship. The port side at the Lanai allows smoking. You can walk around the entire perimeter of the ship, which I find much more enjoyable than walking up on the sports deck. The Lobby is also pretty quiet, and the lower Ocean Plaza on deck 4 is very quiet, has Fun Hub internet access and lots of comfy sofas.

On the Pride and other ships in her class there is an area at the very forward part of the Atlantic deck 3 that is an interior Promenade. It has sofa's and tables and chairs and large round windows that you can sit in.....Very quiet and you hardly ever see anyone using that space.

I totally agree with two things posted here...1) The Library is a great place to sit in comfortable chairs and read or use your electronic tablets; 2) On every ship I've ever been on, there are always places to get some peace and quiet...you just have to look for them. Take a stroll around the ship on embarkation and find your own special place.:D

We find that going to the deck behind the excursion desk or guest services desk (I can't remember which side ) to be perfect for reading and relaxing away from the crowds. To give you an idea of the location the life boats are hanging above the area but it is outdoors and chairs are there and you get great views of the ocean. We also enjoy lots of quiet time on the serenity deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why do people think a Carnival ship is noisy all over? It's not. The worst place is Lido by the pool or a Jumbotron if the ship has one.

One reason they might think so could be if one of the posts above yours is true and they pipe in music (possibly unpleasant) without you being able to turn it off.

Another reason might be if they had perhaps shared a pier somewhere next to a Carnival ship and been forced to listen to the outdoor television screen.

Or perhaps they sailed Carnival before. Or family did. Or friends did.

Or maybe they read it here. Over and over.

Maybe???

It depends what ship or ship class you are on. On the fantasy class deck 10 forward is absoutley peaceful. Yes it is lido deck but the forward part the only thing you hear is the ocean. There are some benches which they store life jackets where you can sit also. On the spirit class deck three outside promenade is a good location

Yes it depends on what class of ship you are going on.

I have mostly been on Conquest class ships, (Valor, Liberty and Freedom) or similar ( Triumph ), and all of these had a very quiet deck off both sides of the atrium on deck 3.

On my cruises there were always lounge chairs out there, not many, but enough because not a lot of people go there. The only sound you hear is the ocean if you are at sea. No music, not much going on there, so nice place to sit out and hear the ocean and read a book.

Also ships that have serenity deck are fairly quiet too. I have loved all my Carnival cruises, and believe it or not, I am not a party animal, and love my quiet time, and have always found a quiet or quieter place to hang out, other than my stateroom. Your stateroom too should be quiet, but who wants to spend your day there, unless you have a balcony, than that should be great , depending on your neighbors.

It might take a day or so before you find those places, but you will. Have a great cruise!:)

Yes it depends on what class of ship you are going on.

It might take a day or so before you find those places, but you will. Have a great cruise!:)

Yes, totally depends on which ship.

Often places and areas around them that are mostly used for night time things are very quiet by day.

With a bit of effort you'll find them and have an enjoyable quiet time.

LuLu

We have not cruised Carnival. We will take a cruise during the quiet season.

Are there quiet places aboard? Is there a long promenade?

Should we book a balcony to have quiet times?

Thank you.

Trudy

Lots of quiet places on each Carnival ship we have sailed - different times per day. Let us know which ship so that we can be more specific. :)