Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

From http://www.lemarin.fr/articles/detail/items/exclusif-le-marin-saint-nazaire-la-construction-du-paquebot-oasis-4-va-demarrer-plus-tot-que-prevu.html

Saint-Nazaire: Building the Oasis 4 will start earlier than expected

This measure should avoid partial unemployment for employees and subcontractors might have lead to suspension of ferry Pegasis powered LNG contract for Brittany Ferries.

STX France has developed a plan of attack, start earlier construction of part of the Oasis 4, in agreement with the Royal Caribbean International ship owner.

For the owner of the site, Laurent Castaing, "a small catastrophe is avoided, i.e., the shutdown of metal workshops for several months."

Construction will begin in the first half 2015 and the assembly later this year, about twenty blocks (bottom, front-midship). And there will be no space problem, we are assured at STX: "If we could cram in a ferry, we can fit in a piece of Oasis.

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd - Nice information on Oasis IV as well as photos of Oasis III under construction. Thank you for sharing!

Surprised that we don't have a "Countdown to Oasis III & IV" sticky subforum yet.

It seems plenty of interest on this topic.

I asked C.C. We'll see what they do. :D

that would be pretty awesome if it was feasible.

They should be able to. It's Just a giant horizontal water slide with a pump to create a current.

I think Disney has a massive waterside that transports children from one end of the ship to the other.

They should be able to. It's Just a giant horizontal water slide with a pump to create a current.

I think Disney has a massive waterside that transports children from one end of the ship to the other.

The Aquaduck water-coaster on the newer Disney ships was actually conceived as a lazy river, but Disney decided a lazy river wasn't feasible (I don't know why) and instead built it as a water-coaster. It circles a good portion of the ship, but is raised above the deck. The first portion of it is thrilling, like a slide, but it ends with a long gentle run parallel to the whole side of the ship, kind of like a raised lazy river. I actually prefer the gentle part.

I wish I knew why Disney ruled out the traditional lazy river concept - I think it would be great, on any ship.

The Aquaduck water-coaster on the newer Disney ships was actually conceived as a lazy river, but Disney decided a lazy river wasn't feasible (I don't know why) and instead built it as a water-coaster. It circles a good portion of the ship, but is raised above the deck. The first portion of it is thrilling, like a slide, but it ends with a long gentle run parallel to the whole side of the ship, kind of like a raised lazy river. I actually prefer the gentle part.

I wish I knew why Disney ruled out the traditional lazy river concept - I think it would be great, on any ship.

They elevated it due to deck space. The lazy river would have taken up almost all space for sun loungers. It might not be as large of a problem on an Oasis class because of how wide they are.

Edited by NicNac4498

They elevated it due to deck space. The lazy river would have taken up almost all space for sun loungers. It might not be as large of a problem on an Oasis class because of how wide they are.

We should get this suggestion to RC PR and Adam. I'd love to see this as a first at sea. How amazing would it be to float along a lazy river on your next cruise?

The problems with slides on cruise ships are quality and lines. Anyone who has been to a water park can tell the Carnival slides are inferior. The Disney slides look good. I would think they would need at least two on an Oasis class ship.

I hope we find out soon about booking the new ship. Was hoping for late April in 2016 out of some port in Florida. Hopefully, they'll provide more information after the holidays.

The problems with slides on cruise ships are quality and lines. Anyone who has been to a water park can tell the Carnival slides are inferior. The Disney slides look good. I would think they would need at least two on an Oasis class ship.

I hope we find out soon about booking the new ship. Was hoping for late April in 2016 out of some port in Florida. Hopefully, they'll provide more information after the holidays.

I would have thought it would be late 2016 as not to be releasing it at the same time as Ovation

Here's a link to a story from last year about the various names RCCL has trademarked for future use:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5137

Quantum and Anthem are obviously known now.

The other TMs appear to be dead for now, but who knows if they will be brought back to life for O3, O4 or Q3

Yes we need Seal of the Seas and Manatee of the Seas Next :)

I would have thought it would be late 2016 as not to be releasing it at the same time as Ovation

I read delivery from builder to RCI in Spring of 2016. I don't think too much time would lag between delivery and deployment, but others here probably know more than I do.

I'm not good at fluid dynamics, but I would think that a long lazy river along the length of the ship (100-200 m?) would behave very interesting whenever the ship decelerates. All of the water would get pushed to the front of the ship.

Perhaps it's not that big of a problem, they have pools after all, but they are not that long as a lazy river would be.

If there are water slides expect them to be different in some way from everyone else. :)

Maybe they are planning on adding a slideboard. It's the new concept from Whitewater West, the company that now owns Flowrider. Combines a water slide with a video game.

The Oasis 3, branded as "A34" by the shipyard, is approximately 30% complete.

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/loasis-3-30-dachevement

2fdf01623dab74e1ae53f82e58ad45f5.jpg

For what it's worth Lloyd, Capt Shrecko told us he believes this ship will be going straight to Port Canaveral. Another rumor but from a pretty good source!

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For what it's worth Lloyd, Capt Shrecko told us he believes this ship will be going straight to Port Canaveral. Another rumor but from a pretty good source!

Bob

I'm hoping that Allure stays in Florida

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Bob

I'm hoping that Allure stays in Florida

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

It'll be interesting to see the difference in dining room design, since this will be the first Oasis class where the dining rooms will be built with dynamic dining already in place.

The other in the Oasis class are being converted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums