Bubble machine while departing port

Gaprofitt

My lalmost 3 year old little guy has a bubble machine, it produces a ton of bubbles. You think people would get offended if we used it at sail away out on deck?

Edited by Gaprofitt

I wouldn't but knowing how people seem to complain about everything I am sure someone would be offended or upset and demand Carnival give them something for compensation. I think it would be fun though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by JLee1973

My lalmost 3 year old little guy has a bubble machine, it produces a ton of bubbles. You think people would get offended if we used it at sail away out on deck?

I would LOVE it! I'm a big fan of bubbles even though some would say I'm too old for such things :D :p

I agree that the way some people are, that someone will probably complain. I would bring it and let him have fun, I think that most people would like it. I think it will be fun for him. You can always put it up or move to a different area if someone really complains.

Edited by Mysticks1

Gaprofitt,

I imagine they would frown on using it on the deck since the deck would get even more slippery than normal, but I have seen a lot of bubbles from balcony cabins. Most seem to just use a wand because the wind from the ship's momentum blows the bubbles quickly.

If you are on a balcony then yes.

If you are on deck with others no.

reason?

There are a few optimal spots that you might want to be in for sail away and i can tell you that these spots are shoulder to shoulder.

I would not want bubbles flying in my face or blocking my pictures.

Do i love children? Yes!!! and im sure your son would enjoy, so bring it, but maybe use it when its not sail away or on a balcony.

Enjoy!!!

To avoid complaints from the majority of cruisers, there is an alternative possibility that you could ask about. Camp Carnival has an outdoor area that, as far as I know, is not used by anyone during sail away. Why not ask if you could set up your bubble machine there for you and your family? If you could get the okay ahead of time, you could post it on your roll call. Then post an invitation to those with little ones on your roll call to join you.;)

To avoid complaints from the majority of cruisers, there is an alternative possibility that you could ask about. Camp Carnival has an outdoor area that, as far as I know, is not used by anyone during sail away. Why not ask if you could set up your bubble machine there for you and your family? If you could get the okay ahead of time, you could post it on your roll call. Then post an invitation to those with little ones on your roll call to join you.;)

Great idea Beach Bum! Way to share the experience and OP's little guy could kickstart making friends for the cruise!

You should also consider that the bubbles may land on someone's camera, in a drink, etc. It wouldn't bother me but there are some people that are extremely fussy and might take offense by it. I wouldn't risk it unless you are doing it from your balcony.

I wouldn't be offended but I also don't want bubbles blowing in my face, popping on my hair and cloths or making the deck slippery.

Hopefully you will choose an area down wind in the aft section of the ship.

I would avoid it on an open deck, but on a balcony, no issue. On an open deck you have to watch where you are and wind direction. The ship at this stage is going slow, so prevailing winds are in control. You don't need the bubbles blowing back over and into other people as stated above.

I think it is, however, a cool idea, but I would think it out real carefully before attempting it.

The thought it might offend someone would make me want to do it. :D

We've seen several people do this on cruises past. And for our June cruise in honor of this post I'm buying four of them for all in my group.

Best reply in my twelve years here and thirty-eight years of cruises.

Edited by BallFour4

Just added bubbles to my packing pile for my Splendor cruise on Monday!!! It's just hubby and I but I love bubbles and we do have a balcony. :p

Champagne, bubbles, and some Lawrence Welk (remember him?) on the ipod. Could lead to a romantic evening.:o

I have a feeling staff would tell you to turn it off. It's seriously slippery enough with just water on the deck surface, add in those bubbles and it's a recipe for disaster. My kids love themselves some bubbles, so I understand the desire, but NO. Just no!

Now, on your balcony, have at it. Handheld bubble wands, go for it!