Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

I was on the Constellation (Aug 1st Baltic cruise) and asked for a list of what was included in the classic drink package. I posted the list on the following thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2087866

It was helpful to find out exactly what I could get rather than having to run around to the various bars/lounges looking at the drink menus.

I suspect this list will vary a bit by ship/destination/etc.

I was on the Constellation (Aug 1st Baltic cruise) and asked for a list of what was included in the classic drink package. I posted the list on the following thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2087866

It was helpful to find out exactly what I could get rather than having to run around to the various bars/lounges looking at the drink menus.

I suspect this list will vary a bit by ship/destination/etc.

Yea this list is the one I just received too! I am so confused about what is going on! Captain morgan and disarono are huge ones to me and ill gladly upgrade for the 11.50 but i wish celebrity would tell us what is going on! From what i know this list is accurate and up to date. Someone else just posted it recently from their cruise as well.

Yea this list is the one I just received too! I am so confused about what is going on! Captain morgan and disarono are huge ones to me and ill gladly upgrade for the 11.50 but i wish celebrity would tell us what is going on! From what i know this list is accurate and up to date. Someone else just posted it recently from their cruise as well.

This is the official list posted by X after they made cuts to inclusions in May then renaged due to discontent.

673b6501008ff6291b80d9e52b985d80.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Ive said before that the difficulty is the packages set a limit for spirits and cocktails but the bar menus (May onwards) dont show any spirits prices and dont show any cocktails that fall within the classic price level despite there being many that do. You have to ask each time and can get a different answer dependant on the bar/bartender.

Right, Celebrity have told us the price brackets included in the promotion. (NO, I did not get a FREE drinks package, I PAID for the Premium Package because I know what I can and cannot order). We will not know until the day we sail which wines, cocktails, smoothies, beers, spirits, coffees, teas and so on and so forth will be available. Can we all just not be happy know that if a glass of wine costs $9, then the classic package covers it, if it goes over that price, then either do not drink it, or pay the cost!!! Prices fluctuate. I understand some frustration, but really???? You all want a precise detailed list of each and every single drink that celebrity may or may not have on board???? Come on guys.......Did you seriously only book your cruise based on the FREE alcohol you would get??? I chose my Ship, my itenery, my cabin and I paid for the drinks package that was right for me. IF you got the 123 complimentary package and it does not suit your needs any more, for whatever reason, then pay to upgrade. You will NOT be getting and full and concise list of each and every drink available!!! Sorry:rolleyes:

I am another one who doesn't understand all the fuss.

My first cruise with Celebrity in 2012 there was no FREE 123GO Promo... You just bought a Bevvy Pkg if you thought it would save you money

The upper limits have changed by a buck since then (Classic = $ 9 and Premium = $ 13) but the premise is the same, if what you want to order is beyond what is permitted on your Pkg, then you either pay full price or you move up from Classic to Premium

Pretty straight forward

For us that was a no brainer right from the get go... When we paid out aprox $ 60 US per day EACH for the Premium (Grats in)... We didn't drink tons of Alcohol (don't have to... Considering the prices of things like Fresh Squeezed OJ - Bottled Water - Pop - and Cafe al Bacio Coffees onboard). We easily broke even or came out ahead every day of our 7 day cruise

Celebrity, well they are a business it is totally up to them what they want to offer Guests at what price point... It is up to the individual to decide what they are willing to pay for an item / drink

There are afterall other options...

Same as it is in any other purchasing situation.

Cheers!

I am another one who doesn't understand all the fuss.

My first cruise with Celebrity in 2012 there was no FREE 123GO Promo... You just bought a Bevvy Pkg if you thought it would save you money

The upper limits have changed by a buck since then (Classic = $ 9 and Premium = $ 13) but the premise is the same, if what you want to order is beyond what is permitted on your Pkg, then you either pay full price or you move up from Classic to Premium

Pretty straight forward

For us that was a no brainer right from the get go... When we paid out aprox $ 60 US per day EACH for the Premium (Grats in)... We didn't drink tons of Alcohol (don't have to... Considering the prices of things like Fresh Squeezed OJ - Bottled Water - Pop - and Cafe al Bacio Coffees onboard). We easily broke even or came out ahead every day of our 7 day cruise

Celebrity, well they are a business it is totally up to them what they want to offer Guests at what price point... It is up to the individual to decide what they are willing to pay for an item / drink

There are afterall other options...

Same as it is in any other purchasing situation.

Cheers!

It isnt that straightforward. When selling the promo they advertise the limits for beers, cocktails and wines. Unfortunately onboard the menus dont advertise spirits prices, the cocktail menus all have only cocktails above the classic limit and the wine menu differs in each bar/restaurant. Im not sure the lack of clarity is a mistake or deliberate smoke screen.

It isnt that straightforward. When selling the promo they advertise the limits for beers, cocktails and wines. Unfortunately onboard the menus dont advertise spirits prices, the cocktail menus all have only cocktails above the classic limit and the wine menu differs in each bar/restaurant. Im not sure the lack of clarity is a mistake or deliberate smoke screen.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

The ship is like a floating city... Many bars & restaurants in a city block, each with their own menu / offerings.

You've bought a "card" that clearly outlines the cash limit. If you are not sure if something is included you ask

We sailed Celebrity the first time before the 123GO Pkgs were offered consistently... That is how it was done

I was one of the Posters here in 2012 that provided extensive listings on what drinks were aboard (types of wine, beer, Martinis, cocktails) at the time I think we all just wanted to share a current product & price list... Not so much as to what exactly was included on each pkg

As I said, this is Celebrity's baby... They can set the pricing and list that fits into each pkg as they see fit

For a Pax to think there is going to be a definitive list that will remain static year after year is crazy (time has also proven that things can vary in different markets, ships, itineraries.. Even cruise to cruise based on restocking availability)

100% Uniformity is not going to happen... As it ties Celebrity's hands & constricts them on making any sort of changes... Including introducing new venues, cocktails and a beer & wine list

All that a Pax can decide is if the FREE Classic Pkg that they were given under the 123GO or PYP Offer "fits them" (not the other way round)

If the answer is no... Then there are alternatives.

Cheers!

This is the official list posted by X after they made cuts to inclusions in May then renaged due to discontent.

673b6501008ff6291b80d9e52b985d80.jpg

This looks like a fairly extensive list. Is this in effect at this time or was this the list that was rescinded?

Is there a Premium List available that you know of?

The above list was in force as recently as 1st Aug 2014.

The UK and Alaska bits must refer to sailings from... as there were no Alaskan beers available from Southampton, but the John Smiths and Pedigree were available

Edited by SWORRUB1

My main concern as follows:

When I request a "cocktail" such as a Mojito from my server and he/she sees I have classic, why shouldn't my Mojito be made from a brand that falls into the Classic category? The inconvenience of having to police myself as I order is annoying. And if the Mojito on the menu is made with a brand not on the Classic list then the whole 123Go is useless to me.

So it seems that Celebrity is forcing everyone to upgrade to Premium just to get the cocktail you desire. Quite a smoke screen IMHO. But for $70 for the week, I am willing to pay it. I will certainly drink more than one $10 cocktail per day. So I am still getting a deal and Celebrity is perhaps making a little on their promotion.

Seems fair..........

But are the servers getting any tips? if one sticks with the classic beverages...I think not. MMMMM?

Edited by BecciBoo

My main concern as follows:

When I request a "cocktail" such as a Mojito from my server and he/she sees I have classic, why shouldn't my Mojito be made from a brand that falls into the Classic category? The inconvenience of having to police myself as I order is annoying. And if the Mojito on the menu is made with a brand not on the Classic list then the whole 123Go is useless to me.

So it seems that Celebrity is forcing everyone to upgrade to Premium just to get the cocktail you desire. Quite a smoke screen IMHO. But for $70 for the week, I am willing to pay it. I will certainly drink more than one $10 cocktail per day. So I am still getting a deal and Celebrity is perhaps making a little on their promotion.

Seems fair..........

But are the servers getting any tips? if one sticks with the classic beverages...I think not. MMMMM?

Not made with Bacardi?

We'll see upon boarding, I will certainly sort it out within 5 minutes of boarding!

Really, rum is rum to me. It's always in a glass with something else, i.e. sugar, mint and soda ergo something else.

Edited by BecciBoo

This looks like a fairly extensive list. Is this in effect at this time or was this the list that was rescinded?

Heres the premium list.

69134531bb0451384e5022c527ccc860.jpg43916215c48979b80094558ec0c0a5fb.jpg

These were released on this board after the cuts they made in May this year were (mostly) reversed.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

The ship is like a floating city... Many bars & restaurants in a city block, each with their own menu / offerings.

You've bought a "card" that clearly outlines the cash limit. If you are not sure if something is included you ask

We sailed Celebrity the first time before the 123GO Pkgs were offered consistently... That is how it was done

I was one of the Posters here in 2012 that provided extensive listings on what drinks were aboard (types of wine, beer, Martinis, cocktails) at the time I think we all just wanted to share a current product & price list... Not so much as to what exactly was included on each pkg

As I said, this is Celebrity's baby... They can set the pricing and list that fits into each pkg as they see fit

For a Pax to think there is going to be a definitive list that will remain static year after year is crazy (time has also proven that things can vary in different markets, ships, itineraries.. Even cruise to cruise based on restocking availability)

100% Uniformity is not going to happen... As it ties Celebrity's hands & constricts them on making any sort of changes... Including introducing new venues, cocktails and a beer & wine list

All that a Pax can decide is if the FREE Classic Pkg that they were given under the 123GO or PYP Offer "fits them" (not the other way round)

If the answer is no... Then there are alternatives.

Cheers!

I dont disagree really. Only that the packages are based on monetary limits yets its hard to find the prices of spirits or find cocktails published within the Classic Package levels. I dont want to sit at a bar and say 'can I have xx', 'no', 'can I have xx', 'no' etc. thats not a relaxing bar experience. Im not asking for more, just for clarity.

I agree, there is more than enough for me and hubby to choose from!

Heres the premium list.

These were released on this board after the cuts they made in May this year were (mostly) reversed.

Kevinyork, I can't Thank You enough for being so helpful and responsive to my request. You have been a tremendous help with these 'menus' and I am grateful.

Everyone else who has shared their information...Thank You too!!! My on board enjoyment will be multiplied that much more as a result.

Kudos to All.:)

Kevinyork, I can't Thank You enough for being so helpful and responsive to my request. You have been a tremendous help with these 'menus' and I am grateful.

Everyone else who has shared their information...Thank You too!!! My on board enjoyment will be multiplied that much more as a result.

Kudos to All.:)

Many thanks for your comments. Im glad my posts help.

I think Kevin was the poster who alerted us to the price hike while on the cruise and allowed us to post here to try get a resolution.

Yes that was me on Eclipse this May on the 2nd sailing after the drink prices increased and the classic package inclusions reduced. It took about 4-5 days for Celebrity to reverse the cuts due to the negative publicity on here and on their facebook site.

We are back on Eclipse in 5 weeks so I will again have a keen eye on any changes and will report back.

Yes that was me on Eclipse this May on the 2nd sailing after the drink prices increased and the classic package inclusions reduced. It took about 4-5 days for Celebrity to reverse the cuts due to the negative publicity on here and on their facebook site.

We are back on Eclipse in 5 weeks so I will again have a keen eye on any changes and will report back.

Did you end up getting any comp from Celebrity for the inconvenience from their terrible management of this issue in those early days?