WINE STEWARDS in MDR, going ?

NSWP

Would it be possible to buy a bottle from one of the bars, have a glass before dinner and then take the the bottle into the dining room with you?

We will be on freedom dining and so will not have a set table for ordering the drinks before hand. Also would they supply you with a bottle cooler if you asked?

Rick.

Would it be possible to buy a bottle from one of the bars, have a glass before dinner and then take the the bottle into the dining room with you?

We will be on freedom dining and so will not have a set table for ordering the drinks before hand. Also would they supply you with a bottle cooler if you asked?

Rick.

Yes, some of our table companions did this on Azura last month

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always order my wine on the phone having looked at the menu at lunchtime and decided what I am likely to order. I drink red anyway unless having white fish, and find the bottle is always on my table when I arrive to dine. Waiters generally ask before topping up. As I either cruise alone or with my daughter who doesn't drink, I never get through more than half the bottle and find the waiters very helpful in weaving it to produce again the flooding evening.

We use the MDR for breakfast to avoid the scrum upstairs so often have a look at the dinner menu as we're leaving. Or on a sea day wander down later. if we want to have a look at the wine list before ordering by phone we usually go up to the buffet for a cup of coffee in the afternoon. The menus are sitting on the bar and after we've decided we call the wine line from our cabin or the phone on the bar. Like Clodia, we have red wine so just choose something in line with what we think we're likely to eat.

I always order my wine on the phone having looked at the menu at lunchtime and decided what I am likely to order. I drink red anyway unless having white fish, and find the bottle is always on my table when I arrive to dine. Waiters generally ask before topping up. As I either cruise alone or with my daughter who doesn't drink, I never get through more than half the bottle and find the waiters very helpful in weaving it to produce again the flooding evening.

Not the sort of thing you want on a cruise "a flooding evening"

Can you order a Carafe in the MDR on an evening (??)

You certainly can, we are recently off Arcadia J402 in the Med, we ordered a couple of carafes of the P&O House wine Porta Paolo, something like that , quite drinkable. I think it was £9 a carafe - half litre. But then again I was buying the same wine in 750 ml bottles for £13. The white was a Chardonnay/Pinot Grigio blend from memory.