Radiance of the seas march 19th nz cruise review

My husband & I along with the daughter and SIL took our first trip to Sydney Australia for our 13 day New Zealand Cruise on March 19th, 2014 on the lovely Radiance of the Seas. My review will take a little time as I am still uploaing my photos but this will get you started and hope you enjoy.

Day 1 March 15th, and finally packed, we took the shuttle to LAX at 2:30 PM for our evening flight to Sydney, Australia to meet up with the rest of our family. Here is all our luggage for a final check.

AllPacked_zpsb245cc69.jpg

The three of us awaiting our flight at the Qantus Gate

LaxDeparture_zpsb5ded1ae.jpg

Our flight to Sydney was some 15 hours non stop and we were kept busy with either playing games or watching movies etc on our monitors at no charge and continuous service. Although we were a bit cramped in Economy class we had a lovely flight. We arrived in Sydney on March 19th around 7:30 AM and stayed at the Meriton Apartments on Pitt Street and had a great view of the city and Darling Harbor. Here are some pictures overlooking Sydney.

ViewfromApts_zps97efa63c.jpg

SydCityHallatNight_zpsf10246b6.jpg

DARLING HARBOR AT NIGHT

DarlingHarbouratNight_zps3e220595.jpg

CITY HALL

SydneyTownHall_zpsf87fb12f.jpg

March 18th we jumped on the HOHO Bus to do more sight seeing which included of course, the Opera House, ending with an early dinner at the fish Market. Let me add, around the corner from our Apts, was the Woolworth Market where we could pick up our groceries for the Apt. We learned to share on the meals to safe on cost. A funny moment was after leaving the Fish Market we walked over to our pick up point and met a couple from our Roll Call.

HOHO BUS

HOHOBus_zps9f8f6be0.jpg

OPERA HOUSE

OperaHouse1_zps18570d22.jpg

BRIDGE WALKERS

SydBridgeWalkers_zps657000c3.jpg

CHURCH CLOCK AMONG BUILDINGS

ChurchClockamongBuildings_zps3e52f9dc.jpg

CITY VIEW TAKEN FROM FERRY

DowntownSydney_zps5f1e141e.jpg

CITY SUNSET

SunsetoverSydney_zpsb320dcb8.jpg

Will pause for more uploading. We headed down for our boarding at 11 AM on March 19th using Sydney Towncars as our shuttle from Airport to Apts and Cruise Terminal, very reliable and waiting for us. The boarding process was one of the smoothest we have every done. They will board everyone at specified times according to your Deck # with the upper decks on at 11 AM. Although our daughter and SIL were scheduled at 2PM, they went on with us thru Priority boarding so if you have family just go together.

Gay

March 20th & 21st were sailing days so we enjoyed getting acquainted with our fellow Roll Call members. The Radiance was in lovely condition for her age and well maintained. March 22nd we entered the first of the 3 Sounds, Meldford, Doubtfull and Dusky and the weather couldn't have been perfect. We were told the week prior to our cruise, a HAL ship was unable to get thru.

Early Morning low clouds.

EnteringMelfordSound_zpse8d52304.jpg

Waterfalls

WaterfallsinMelfordSound_zps9361ae3c.jpg

Fall****tingrocks_zps0043d69f.jpg

Cliffsfromthebow_zps2fac4618.jpg

Sue your welcome, have seen so many others reviews I knew I better give it a try for our NZ Cruise. This will be a long one as we stayed in Sydney for 9 days afterwards before disembarking on April 10 thru May 9th on the Radiance for the Transpacific and Hawaii to Vancouver, a total of 54 days with the family. It was the daughters and SIL's first time on a cruise ship. This first part will be on the NZ Trip.

Gay

Port of Dunedin, pronouced Dun E din, a beautiful area with rolling green hills throughout most of the NZ Ports. This will cover the coast, homes, and drive to the coast where families of seals rested along with a bird nesting area, enclosed within a covered area for viewing. The birds rested within the cliffs.

Coast and hillside homes

DunedinHomesonHillside_zps431f8b81.jpg

DunedinHillside_zpsa11f97bc.jpg

DunedinCoastline_zpsb69e4d36.jpg

Sealsresting_zps893bb9e8.jpg

OtagosWildlifeTourSeals_zps7de9bd3d.jpg

Birdnestobservationarea_zpsb0a80237.jpg

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Hi Gay! Welcome back from your amazing B2B2B adventure! I'm so happy to read your review and see all the wonderful pictures! Thank you for doing this. I have no doubt that you all had a fabulous time.

Our NZ Cruise had the following itinerary, Dunedin, Tauranga, AKaroa, Wellington. Auckland, and Bay of Islands after we did the three Sounds which were Weldford, Doubtfull & Dusky. The people were wonderful and towns were well kept and clean. Our daughter and SIL had never been on a cruise before so they really jumped into this trip with 3 consecutive cruises with only 9 days between the NZ & Transpacific. By the 1st cruise they were pros and did some tours on their own. We go more exercise in our 54 days then we will probably do in our lifetime.:D

Gay

Good morning Karen, thank you, my review will resume today, got the rest of photos from our NZ cruise uploaded, although there could be a little more from the NZ cruise on the 2nd card. Today I will jump back and show more Sydney photos, that I missed getting out. Our stay at the Meriton Apts on Pitt Street was really nice and convenient to everything. We rode the bus or HOHO for getting around and took the ferries around. John & I walked to Hyde Park one day while the girls took off on their own, what a beautiful park.

Gay

There was a beautiful walkway from Circular Quay over to the cruise terminal and the ships docked right there so you could walk over and be right next to the ships. I may have put this up earlier, will need to run back and make sure I don't put photos up twice.:)

WalkingareabyCruiseShip_zps85385a83.jpg

Interesting Bird by the Fish Market, if anyone can identify please let me know.

BirdnearnearFishmarket_zps87ea6f9d.jpg

Lovely Sunset over Sydney night before disembarkation

SunsetoverSydney_zpscd1863a1.jpg

During our trip, the weather was great, temps around mid 70's, Wellington we did a City Tour and Cable Ride which included the Zoolandia Sanctuary. The trees etc were beautiful. Only problem we ran into was leaving and entering Gale Force Winds, which the Radiance rode beautifully.

CityofWellington_zpscb4b16a4.jpg

BeautifulTreesinWellington_zps0ad10647.jpg

ZoolandiaSactuary_zpsde82b554.jpg

WellingtonCableCar_zps68d40e20.jpg

Heavy Seas leaving Wellington

HeavySeasWellington1_zps00f5ef9e.jpg

HeavySeasWellington_zps4ba24560.jpg