Radiance of the seas march 19th nz cruise review

Afternoon Ali, not completly but did start looking at possible accommodations. Was talking to our friends Larry & Cherie and since we will be boarding on the 18th, we will use that as one of our Hotel nights. One problem for us, we might need an extra night at the Quebec Hotel since we will be arriving so late coming from California, so may have to look at arriving in Quebec on the evening of the 16th, giving us the 17th to sight see, then board on the 18th and settle in before going out again. We will work that out with them. I also will need to see how our daughter is with her jobs and what she will handle. I figure by the 3 of us in one room we can split the cost. We are paying for the cruise so she only will have her flight, part of hotel and On board costs to worry about oh and any tours she does. The ship departs at 3 PM on Oct 19th, 2015.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Gay,

I thought you guys were going this year!!! You have plenty of time to arrange things:) Thats the cruise you will see Lou and Don and the San Fran boys again right?? I think they were saying they were doing that same cruise when we saw them at dinner in Izumi. Quebec is beautiful..

Yeh, we were walking around the luau before dinner..I actually was able to sneak in the front and take some great shots of the pig in the ground!

Edited by hipster1

wow NZ review don't see too many of these here thank you for taking the time, but I don't see half of the pics in the beginning if the review its just says 'user moved or deleted image' :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes I am in the process of reposting them and have no idea why they disappeared. Thank goodness it didn't do it to the other cruises. I am making sure which ones need to be reposted so hope to get them back up over the next couple days. Sorry about that.

Gay

Will repost more of NZ, for some reason they left the building. To give everyone a brief rundown of our trip, our family left LAX for Sydney on march 15th, arriving on the 17th and stayed at the Meriton Apts at 329 Pitt Street and stayed post cruise 9 additional days. For an extended stay or family, the Apts are the way to go. With the 4 of us, and if we had stayed 2 to a hotel room, would have cost us $1500, whereby the Apts cost us $1103 which we split. March 18th we jumped on the HOHO bus and toured all over Sydney down to the Opera House ending back up to fishermans Warf for an early dinner.

During our 9 days in Sydney, we went to Manly, the Zoo and took a trip up to Featherdale and the Blue Mountains. I hope to repost all the missing photos that flew away.

Gay

Over on Hilo, we took a trip called the land of Frozen Fire and traveled thru an area taken over by one of the recent lava flows, now cooled but dangerous still to walk out on and part of the trip was to the Lava Tree Forest where trees had been engulfed and their remains formed interesting shapes by the lava.

HoleinlavaTree_zps7582e840.jpg

purplethorn, following the 9 days Post cruise, we reboarded the Radiance of the Seas on April 10th, 2014 for our return trip home. Itinerary: Sydney, Picton, Wellington with 5 Sea Days arriving in Moorea , Bora Bora, & Tahiti followed by 5 more sea days and arriving in Lahaina on April 26th, and ending in Honolulu on april 27, to embark again at 10 PM for our 12 day Hawaii back to Vancouver.

Our 13 day NZ cruise embarked Sydney, Australia on March 19th, 2014 with 2 Days before reaching Meldford, Doubtfull & Dusky Sounds. Then unto Akaroa, Wellington, Tauranga, Auckland and finally Bay of Islands. We ended up seeing Wellington twice on this trip, so during our NZ cruise we visited the Zoolandia Sanctuary which was quite lovely and also a very cool day. During our TP visit we did the Coastal & Shipwreck Tour which included a trip to a Sheep ranch and show by his dogs. Will Post that. Our 12 day Hawaii beginning the evening of April 27th at 10 PM, included, Kauai, Kona, Hilo, Lahaina and back to Honolulu until 10 PM. I organized a Royal Circle Island tour thru Eno Tour Company there in Honolulu and that was a wonderful way to spend the day, bringing us back to the aloha Towers and the ROS by 5 PM.

Gay

purplethorn, following the 9 days Post cruise, we reboarded the Radiance of the Seas on April 10th, 2014 for our return trip home. Itinerary: Sydney, Picton, Wellington with 5 Sea Days arriving in Moorea , Bora Bora, & Tahiti followed by 5 more sea days and arriving in Lahaina on April 26th, and ending in Honolulu on april 27, to embark again at 10 PM for our 12 day Hawaii back to Vancouver.

Our 13 day NZ cruise embarked Sydney, Australia on March 19th, 2014 with 2 Days before reaching Meldford, Doubtfull & Dusky Sounds. Then unto Akaroa, Wellington, Tauranga, Auckland and finally Bay of Islands. We ended up seeing Wellington twice on this trip, so during our NZ cruise we visited the Zoolandia Sanctuary which was quite lovely and also a very cool day. During our TP visit we did the Coastal & Shipwreck Tour which included a trip to a Sheep ranch and show by his dogs. Will Post that. Our 12 day Hawaii beginning the evening of April 27th at 10 PM, included, Kauai, Kona, Hilo, Lahaina and back to Honolulu until 10 PM. I organized a Royal Circle Island tour thru Eno Tour Company there in Honolulu and that was a wonderful way to spend the day, bringing us back to the aloha Towers and the ROS by 5 PM.

Gay

thank you! it sounds wonderful ... maybe some day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app