Alaska B2B question

I've not done a B2B in Seward but you should receive a letter and/or an in transit card in your stateroom a day or two before the first segment ends. The letter will tell you what to do and what options are available to you and when you have to be back on board.

You should not need the second boarding pass.

When I did my B2B in Europe last year, we did not get an in transit card; we just used our ship card to show to the port staff and went through the "in transit" access area.

We have done several back-to-back cruise with Seward as our Intransit day.

If you have booked both Cruises as a Collectors Cruise you will have the same cabin and your ID card will be programed for both cruises

Keep in mind that breakfast will be VERY early in Seward as those leaving on the train to Anchorage are off the ship by 6:30 - 7 AM and the buses leave shortly after that.

So be prepared for an early breakfast that morning no matter what tour you take.

We have done several back-to-back cruise with Seward as our Intransit day.

If you have booked both Cruises as a Collectors Cruise you will have the same cabin and your ID card will be programed for both cruises

Keep in mind that breakfast will be VERY early in Seward as those leaving on the train to Anchorage are off the ship by 6:30 - 7 AM and the buses leave shortly after that.

So be prepared for an early breakfast that morning no matter what tour you take.

Can you please explain 'if you have booked both Cruises as a Collectors Cruise'

What is a Collectors Cruise and how do you book as a Collectors Cruise? :confused:

Can you please explain 'if you have booked both Cruises as a Collectors Cruise'

What is a Collectors Cruise and how do you book as a Collectors Cruise? :confused:

It's two segments booked as one cruise. HAL sometimes packages two cruises together and calls it a collector cruise. The is usually a small price discount.

If the OP booked her B2B as a collector cruise, she would have one booking number for both segments.

It's two segments booked as one cruise. HAL sometimes packages two cruises together and calls it a collector cruise. The is usually a small price discount.

If the OP booked her B2B as a collector cruise, she would have one booking number for both segments.

Interesting. We're not on a "collector cruise" as I have two booking numbers. Hmmmmm, that is very early for breakfast considering we're both night owls. We'll order in room service and get off the ship as late as we can as check-in for our independent boat tour is at 11:00 am. Thank you to all who responded to my initial inquiry.

Interesting. We're not on a "collector cruise" as I have two booking numbers. Hmmmmm, that is very early for breakfast considering we're both night owls. We'll order in room service and get off the ship as late as we can as check-in for our independent boat tour is at 11:00 am. Thank you to all who responded to my initial inquiry.

Even though we have had two booking numbers, we have been pleasantly surprised to find a Pinnacle Grill for two gift in our stateroom for our "Collector" reward.

Mum and I are doing a B2B from Vancouver - Seward - Vancouver. When we get to Seward we're planning an independent tour. When we come back to the ship do we need our 2nd boarding pass and are we assigned a new room card? Thanks

Your room card will show the total time you will be onboard so you will not be receiving a new card.

The "Transit Card" allows you early return to the ship as soon as the last passenger has departed (zeroed out).