British Isles Cruise Questioins

Jane2357

We had a Panama Canal cruise booked for March of '15 and cancelled it in Feb. as we are busy building a house and pouring our dollars there. Well with nothing on the books I'm half depressed now, so I've been looking at a British Isles cruise on Silhouette in Aug. of '15 - what can anyone tell me about cruising the B.I.

I'm concerned that something is "off" because this cruise doesn't seem very popular and many of the most desirable cabins are still available also I can't find a roll call for this cruise. August is High season in Ireland so is this a bad time to go? I've a girl friend there that I would love to visit.

Also we are not Elite and I've got a C1 cabin on hold - several ports are tender so am I correct that Concierge gets priority tendering? If not is it a total mess trying to get off the ship. Thank you.

Edited by Jane2357

There is a great review by SixOneTwo on this board that you might want to read after a cruise in August 2013.

Think it was called ' better late than never' hopefully if you search on the poster or the title it will come up.

Edited by scifimonkey

We loved our Infinity 12 night British Isles cruise.

Here is my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221137

I would rate it as one of our favorites.

If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer.

George

That's a great review :) I'm glad you enjoyed Loch Ness so much, I live just near the castle you visited there!

We loved our Infinity 12 night British Isles cruise.

Here is my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221137

I would rate it as one of our favorites.

If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer.

George

We did BI June 2013 on Infinity. I enjoyed it very much. For me the best thing was visiting the town of Chester outside of Liverpool. It is a old Tudor style town. We had been waiting for a newer ship. This year a new ship:mad:

Am I correct that Concierge gets priority tendering? From what I remember. In the past that was true. But when they came out with Solstice Class ship there were to many Concierge cabins and they took it away. But do your homework to make sure. We had priority tender tickets but never used them. Richard

You may be right about Concierge getting priority boarding. So many cruisers get priority boarding that I don't think it matters much.

Suites, Aqua, Concierge, also elites are so numerous, sometimes the priority lines are longer than the regular lines.

I most ports checking in is rather painless. Our worst check-in and embarkation was in Buenos Aires, where the terminal is small and we had two other ships ahead of us that day.

Thank you everyone! I'm busy reading through the 2 recommended reviews. I'm getting pretty excited! This cruise is now on Silhouette (14 nights) which we haven't been on yet but loved Solstice and Eclipse so we'd be fine although I think an M class ship would alleviate some of the tendering?

It does not look like Concierge gets priority tendering - just priority boarding and disembarkation - big deal. I'd consider a veranda cabin but staying in concierge will get us to Elite after this cruise, plus have one of the wider aft cabins on hold. :)

This cruise is departing from Amsterdam so that is different and exciting. I've already checked with Delta and they have convenient flights and we have tons of F.F. miles so can travel business free - that is helping dh say yes! LOL

Wish we had booked when 1,2,3 was on - it would be nice to have the drink package but on our last 14 night cruise - we had in room bar setup and bought the 7 bottle wine package for dinners - our bill was much less than what a package would cost - but I always manage to miss the perks :(

We are BOOKED and I am so excited because my sister and her husband have also booked the cabin next to ours! Thank you for all the help.

Hope you have a fantastic time, I am not sure if your are into history or not but if you have any spare time in Amsterdam then I can recommend a visit to Anne Franks house

Hope you enjoy your trip

Hope you have a fantastic time, I am not sure if your are into history or not but if you have any spare time in Amsterdam then I can recommend a visit to Anne Franks house

Hope you enjoy your trip

Thanks - we will plan a visit - history is what this entire trip is about :)