Booked our next cruise onboard. Question?

travelzooer

hello all

we just got off the summit and ended up booking our next cruise onboard.(Connie in December 2014).

We received a reduced deposit, onboard credit and the classic drink package.

I just checked pricing for the exact cruise on celebity website and they are offering a Vacation savings discount of $300 for the exact category we booked.

Our final payment isnt due until September.

Would this reduced fare be combinable with what we received onboard?

If so, do i just call celebrity directly to get the reduced price?

I believe the drink pkg offer ended Apr 30 for bookings made on land. We were told it is always available for bookings made on board, so you might lose that. I doubt you would get the OBC you got on board as well as the $300 vacation savings discount but you can always ask.

hello all

we just got off the summit and ended up booking our next cruise onboard.(Connie in December 2014).

I just checked pricing for the exact cruise on celebity website and they are offering a Vacation savings discount of $300 for the exact category we booked.

Hi Travelzooer,

The onboard booking offer is combinable with 1 other offer. Since you took the drink package, AND the Onboard OBC, you would not be able to add a third offer.

However, here's a thought :

Perhaps it *may* be possible, to forfeit the booking onboard OBC (if it's less than $300). I'm guessing it is less, since it's Connie December 2014, and obtain the savings discount instead of the booking onboard OBC. I'd suggest giving Captains Club a call tomorrow. As I always say, it never hurts to ask.

Please let us know the outcome, and good luck !

Hi Travelzooer,

The onboard booking offer is combinable with 1 other offer. Since you took the drink package, AND the Onboard OBC, you would not be able to add a third offer.

However, here's a thought :

Perhaps it *may* be possible, to forfeit the booking onboard OBC (if it's less than $300). I'm guessing it is less, since it's Connie December 2014, and obtain the savings discount instead of the booking onboard OBC. I'd suggest giving Captains Club a call tomorrow. As I always say, it never hurts to ask.

Please let us know the outcome, and good luck !

Good advice Andy, and good luck to Travelzooer to get what they want.:D

Worth a try but I believe the book onboard OBC is the initial offer and the Perk is the beverage package. I tried to upgrade my reservation I booked on board to a Suite which had a resident discount and was told that I had to give up the Pick your Perk. This was even while the promo was still active shore side.

Good luck to you.

hello all

Since this is a "special" price, your on board booking would not qualify for the new lower price, without giving something up, of course. If the regular/5 star price that you paid is reduced then you would be able to get the lower price. All I can say, is good luck. The way Celebrity is currently showing pricing on their website, it would be next to impossible to find out what the going "regular" rate is, without calling them directly. :( They are pretty much making it impossible to receive a lower rate unless you are willing to give up all the perks that induced you to sign up in the first place!

Yes, just tried to get the extra OBC they are offering knowing I would lose my existing OBC. I thought as it didn't have the clause saying it was for new bookings only it was worth a try. I was told I would lose my drink package as well as it is not combinable with any other offer. Was worth a try but decided to keep my package.:D

thanks for all your advise! I was told I would have to give up the beverage package to get the disount, so I will keep the OBC and be happy with the free drinks!

It was worth a shot but I think that is the better choice.:D