Maui port

jesathome

I have a question about how far it is to walk off the ship at Maui. The deck cam that I see looks like it could be a long walk. We will have my 90 year old mother with us. She gets around good but I thought I might get a wheelchair for her if we need to. TIA.

I have a question about how far it is to walk off the ship at Maui. The deck cam that I see looks like it could be a long walk. We will have my 90 year old mother with us. She gets around good but I thought I might get a wheelchair for her if we need to. TIA.

Sorry, the NCL Pride of America dock. Thanks

I'm not sure where you plan to walk from the Kahului pier because there aren't many things near it. I've only tendered into Lahaina but know there isn't much around the Kahului pier.

You may be able to walk to an outdoor shopping center & I've read there is a shuttle to the larger Ka'ahumanu shopping center.

Have you considered a car rental? Maui is easy to explore on your own. There will be shuttles to and from the car agencies at the nearby airport. Your car can be parked near the ship overnight in designated lots. Probably $50 or less per day depending on the car. Or of course, you can book tours.

We have a car rental. I just needed to know how long a walk it is down the gangway so I can see if my mom will need a wheelchair for that distance to where we can pick her up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a car rental. I just needed to know how long a walk it is down the gangway so I can see if my mom will need a wheelchair for that distance to where we can pick her up

I picked up friends at the Kahului pier & there was a parking lot adjacent to the ship at the end of the pier. Hopefully someone will share their experience getting off the ship. It looked easy to me & is a very small pier so not a long distance to travel. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We have a car rental. I just needed to know how long a walk it is down the gangway so I can see if my mom will need a wheelchair for that distance to where we can pick her up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a moderately long walk off the ship. You go down the gangway, and through a long building, before exiting to the area where the rental vans and tour buses pickup. There are a few (but not a lot) of benches to sit on at the pickup area.

The walk is a little less than the length of the ship, which is about 900'

If your plan is to go get the rental car and return to the ship for your Mom, you will need your ship's key card and ID to drive into the secure area near the ship.

Edited by VideoTech