Question for Pam, Sunset Beach Gal or other that may know answer

gracie65

I think Pam or Sunsetbeachgal have mentioned a tour company they have used in Rome. If one of you sees this or someone else out there may know which one it is I would appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

I have heard a number of people recommend RomeInLimo.com and TripAdvisor also gives them 5 stars. Good luck! :)

Thank-you I will take a look at them. They might be the one I have seen one of those two post about.

Thank-you I will take a look at them. They might be the one I have seen one of those two post about.

I'm not sure if I have seen them specifically post about this company, but a couple of the other "well traveled" that do live posts have used them with rave reviews. Check this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=50573188

I have heard a number of people recommend RomeInLimo.com and TripAdvisor also gives them 5 stars. Good luck! :)

I took a look at this one & I don't think this is it. I am pretty certain it was Pam in Ca I have seen make a few comments about a tour company she likes to use in Rome. I seem to remember the company got you in ahead of the lines at The Vatican?? My brain may be foggy, hopefully she will see my thread soon and chime in to let me know if it was her I'm thinking of. I also found her email and have emailed her.

That company does look pretty amazing though!!

If you open up one of Pam from Ca post, she has a way for you to email her

Yes, thanks I found that a few minutes ago and have emailed her too. Just thought she might see the thread faster in case a email got caught in spam.

I also thought someone might recall seeing the info before because I think I have seen her mention it more then once. I tried going through her posts but after 35,000+ I was getting nowhere!!LOL

I seem to remember the company got you in ahead of the lines at The Vatican?? !

Many tour companies can get you in ahead of the lines at the Vatican, it that is what you're looking for. There are separate lines to enter for those with a tour and those going in without. We used Viator for our first visit to the Vatican Museum.

Also, some of the Vatican operated tours will allow you access by the tour line. We booked a Vatican garden tour for our second trip and bought the tickets online. We were allowed in by the tour line with our printed out confirmation. There's an area inside with separate ticket booths where you get your ticket and wait for your guide. At the end of the tour we were allowed to enter the museum and go through it on our own. You can check this option on the official Vatican Museum website. Check it out here: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/MV_Home.html

Many tour companies can get you in ahead of the lines at the Vatican, it that is what you're looking for. There are separate lines to enter for those with a tour and those going in without. We used Viator for our first visit to the Vatican Museum.

Also, some of the Vatican operated tours will allow you access by the tour line. We booked a Vatican garden tour for our second trip and bought the tickets online. We were allowed in by the tour line with our printed out confirmation. There's an area inside with separate ticket booths where you get your ticket and wait for your guide. At the end of the tour we were allowed to enter the museum and go through it on our own. You can check this option on the official Vatican Museum website. Check it out here: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/MV_Home.html

Thanks so much for the info. I will be sure to check it out!!

I'm not sure if I have seen them specifically post about this company, but a couple of the other "well traveled" that do live posts have used them with rave reviews. Check this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=50573188

Nothing happens when I click the link, it says search not found. I know Pia does some great live threads.

There are two companies with the exact same name and it's easy to get them confused. I've used Romeinlimo a couple of times and they were great.

Last October, I used LimoinRome and arranged for a tour of the Vatican with an art historian. It was a great tour although it was horribly crowded. Claudio himself was our driver and guide. What I liked and other tours on previous trips hadn't done was he got us into the Colosseum using a pass. Other than pre-arranging Vatican tickets, we didn't have to stop and purchase tickets anywhere. He gave us one price at the end of the tour that included entrance fees.

He also pre-arranged for lunch at a restaurant. We wanted a quick lunch so we could spend more time touring. We stopped, were led to a private room, and were served a dish we'd all agreed on. It was delicious and we were out in less than 45 minutes.

Claudio Caponera

claudio@limoinrome.com

http://www.limoinrome.com

Edited by Pam in CA

There are two companies with the exact same name and it's easy to get them confused. I've used Romeinlimo a couple of times and they were great.

Last October, I used LimoinRome and arranged for a tour of the Vatican with an art historian. It was a great tour although it was horribly crowded. Claudio himself was our driver and guide. What I liked and other tours on previous trips hadn't done was he got us into the Colosseum using a pass. Other than pre-arranging Vatican tickets, we didn't have to stop and purchase tickets anywhere. He gave us one price at the end of the tour that included entrance fees.

He also pre-arranged for lunch at a restaurant. We wanted a quick lunch so we could spend more time touring. We stopped, were led to a private room, and were served a dish we'd all agreed on. It was delicious and we were out in less than 45 minutes.

Claudio Caponera

claudio@limoinrome.com

www.limoinrome.com

Thanks so much Pam. I remember your post I saw had something about a lunch etc. you liked so this may be the one. Are the crowds pretty much something you have to deal with regardless of the company?

Hi Gracie!!

Hope you are loving this weather as much as we have been...off to Sunset Beach tomorrow!!

Anyhow, we have used RomeinLimo on our last two private tours of Rome and also for transport from port to airport. Very pleased on all counts. We did not do the Vatican on either tour..we did it years ago and since then we have just done St. Peter's, so really can't help you with Vatican.

Excellent company, great drivers, nice vehicles and they really tailor the tour to what you want. We also were looking for a somewhat quick but good lunch and he took us to a perfect spot. And they really know the shortcuts to whisk you around!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Hi Gracie!!

Hope you are loving this weather as much as we have been...off to Sunset Beach tomorrow!!

Anyhow, we have used RomeinLimo on our last two private tours of Rome and also for transport from port to airport. Very pleased on all counts. We did not do the Vatican on either tour..we did it years ago and since then we have just done St. Peter's, so really can't help you with Vatican.

Excellent company, great drivers, nice vehicles and they really tailor the tour to what you want. We also were looking for a somewhat quick but good lunch and he took us to a perfect spot. And they really know the shortcuts to whisk you around!

Thanks!! Will you email me when you get a chance I have a few other questions it's below my signature.

Beautiful weather we have had I went to NMB for a few hours today. If you see a lady near the pier at sunset doing yoga go tell her you know me. Her name is Denise she teaches at the Nmb aquatic center. She's really good. She's been doing Saturday at 7am at the pier in Sunset if I could get there that early I would go join her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk