Switching cabins/suite benefits

We are a family of five sailing on the Serenade of the Seas. The ages of the "kids" are 19, 20, and 26.

DH and I have a suite booked, and are looking forward to those perks. Kids are booked in a lower priced cabin.

We want to have our oldest stay in our room and thus benefit from the aforementioned suite benefits, and the cost of the third person in either room is very similar. That is not the problem.

The problem is that we cannot pull the older child from the cabin because at 19&20 the age requirements are not met for being able to stay by themselves. If we place one of the other officially in our cabin and then switch them once onboard, will the "suite placed" child get the suite perks? Or will the benefits remain with the original occupant?

TIA,

The younger guests can stay in a stateroom by themselves if the stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours. You may have to call to book this way.

If the kids are booked in a cabin that is directly across the hall or beide yours then the age requirements do not matter.

If that is not the case the I old assume that the original person on he booking would retain the benefits. When you switch people around th don't actually switch them but just give you extra keys. of they were to switch them then you would be back to the underageeople in a cabin that is not near yours scenario.

The younger guests can stay in a stateroom by themselves if the stateroom is next to or across the hall from yours. You may have to call to book this way.

I have always had to call. Can't get it to do it online unfortunately. Have heard that even TA's have to call which may be the reason they tell some that it can't be done as it requires more work on their part.

We run into this because when I book Suites. I have three children 17, 16 and 16. WE book an adult in each room. The kids stay in the room by themselves and my husband I use the CL and have never been questioned about it. I do not bring them into the lounge,nor do I use pool or theater seating.

We will not be moving the cabins closer for financial reasons.

Thanks for your prompt responses. Hoping to hear from someone who has had the experience. I am aware and have re-keyed on occasion.