Just booked dining and entertainment

ksg

I work in IT and if we EVER put a system out that had "glitches" like this even in a beta mode we would out the door in a heartbeat. If it was just the Quantum bookings that were impacted by this I might go along with saying it is ok, however all reservations are now going to the new booking process and causing issues.

I do agree, however, that if it isn't working appropriately by Thursday, the pitch forks will be out in full force :eek:.

No, this is an ongoing issue with the drink package. These packages are supposed to include the gratuity. They keep somehow messing it up and adding it in again. Another "feature" of the lovely website!

Late last night i went to chk out the new website for the cruise planner. After i went into my cruises acct and checked the various bookings i made i discovered that every thing i bought is now double in people and in price.

for example my daughters friend bought the liquor pkg for herself it now says for 2 people and a new charge of $990:eek:

It's odd but our Quantum cruise DD specialty venues are all correct in the amts.

I just called Royal and the rep went into the cruises we have booked and only sees the correct amt~~ ie: soda pkg for one not 2:rolleyes:

My only concern is I don't want to be charged again.

To say the least its frustrating

If you added others from a different reservation, make sure the times show up on other's schedule. I added my sister and husband to all my reservations when booking, mine showed up, hers didn't. Talked to rep this morning and she was able to add my sister and her husband, but 5 out of 9 times I had reserved were not available for 4 people, only 2. Glad I had my sister ck. Glad I could help them continue to test the system....:) I think they will have more slots available once the system is fully up and I would bet they will release blocks even after that for people booking later and hold some back for on-board booking. Just my thought.

I booked for friends too, so tables for 4. They sent me emails addressed to them with the confirms. One email for me (actually several, since they left off the entertainment at first) and one for them.

Reservations lady said we could try for better times on board, that on the web the times were wanted were gone. She did not say try again in a few weeks.

I think if one is going on this ship, one must be prepared to be very very flexible with dining- or maybe I should say "dynamic." So dynamic dining means you get to eat at different times each day, half of which are either so early you're looking around for the midnight buffet at 10:00, or are so late you're sleeping on a full stomach. And no where did I see the vidalia onion tart on the menu. As long as I'm griping, can't they bring that back?!!!!

Late last night i went to chk out the new website for the cruise planner. After i went into my cruises acct and checked the various bookings i made i discovered that every thing i bought is now double in people and in price.

for example my daughters friend bought the liquor pkg for herself it now says for 2 people and a new charge of $990:eek:

It's odd but our Quantum cruise DD specialty venues are all correct in the amts.

I just called Royal and the rep went into the cruises we have booked and only sees the correct amt~~ ie: soda pkg for one not 2:rolleyes:

My only concern is I don't want to be charged again.

To say the least its frustrating

Just went to check if anything changed on mine. The entire billing section is gone! No balance to see, not even a box for it or a tab. Guessing they realized their glitch and just took it down to prevent people from seeing the issue. Not sure why the DD site wasn't as well if it wasn't ready yet.

Just went to check if anything changed on mine. The entire billing section is gone! No balance to see, not even a box for it or a tab. Guessing they realized their glitch and just took it down to prevent people from seeing the issue. Not sure why the DD site wasn't as well if it wasn't ready yet.

You're right!! Hopefully they'll get it straightened out before the 15th:eek:

I was able to book Mama Mia and then I tried to book another show and this is the message I received.

WELL, THIS IS UNFORTUNATE.

Here you are trying to plan a vacation and our website decides to take one.

We are aware of the issue and are currently working to fix it. Please try again later and sorry for the inconvenience.

I do hope that on May 15th the cruise planner works and my reservations show up correctly. I'm going to wish upon a star tonight.

Seriously though, the correct ship should show up under my booked cruises. It's been wrong since I booked it.

The cruise planner is actually making me angry today.

Edited by marci22

I was just able to book the entertainment for our Jan. 2015 cruise. Very slow getting to each venue. It appears that the shows ( other than Mama Mia) are oly 7 PM or 9 PM. Has anyone found any shows that are later than 9 PM?

I was just able to book the entertainment for our Jan. 2015 cruise. Very slow getting to each venue. It appears that the shows ( other than Mama Mia) are oly 7 PM or 9 PM. Has anyone found any shows that are later than 9 PM?

Hello

Can I ask is mama Mia for quantum or anthem please

I was able to book Mama Mia and then I tried to book another show and this is the message I received.

We are aware of the issue and are currently working to fix it. Please try again later and sorry for the inconvenience.

A few minutes ago I tried to see/book entertainment on the Feb. 2, 2015 Quantum and it tells me "Sorry, we cannot reserve right now" & added "Please try again onboard ship." I hope this is one of the glitches because if we wait to book onboard we'll never see any entertainment.

A few minutes ago I tried to see/book entertainment on the Feb. 2, 2015 Quantum and it tells me "Sorry, we cannot reserve right now" & added "Please try again onboard ship." I hope this is one of the glitches because if we wait to book onboard we'll never see any entertainment.

Tried also and same message. This is going to get really crazy when everyone books all their shows and then have to try and change their dining times. I told C&A this was ridiculous that everyone can book dining without show times. I could not believe the dining times were so limited when we booked them and now have to go through this. :eek:

What are the times for Mama Mia? thanks

I am hoping that more times open up tomorrow. I am having trouble finding times that work with little kids. And the site is painfully slow. I keep getting hung up and then I can't pull up both rooms, it says that one is currently being modified, so I can't do anything.

This is worse than having to booking Disney 180 days out.

I am hoping that more times open up tomorrow. I am having trouble finding times that work with little kids. And the site is painfully slow. I keep getting hung up and then I can't pull up both rooms, it says that one is currently being modified, so I can't do anything.

When trying to make a reservation for just the 3 of us (my husband and me and our little daughter 2 years old next feb), there are more time slots available. But we are travelling with our families, we are 8 adults and 1 child. There are nearly no time slots available for our group, sometimes the earliest slot is 8 pm. Sometimes 5:45 is possible, the next slot is 8:30 pm.

I hope, times will get better tomorrow...

You won't have any problems if you try to reserve times after 2am. I have all my reservations completed and it was very fast during those early morning hours.

I am so far from being entertained and have totally lost my appetite. I went to book, got as far as Mama Mia when the site crashed. So I call RCL, wait and wait and finally I get a lovely reservation person who basically tells me "no" for almost every restaurant and time I asked for. All booked up!! More than 250 days in advance! And the most torturous way of getting the dining times. She doesn't have the ability to see which restaurants are available at each time - she has to click on each restaurant at each time one by one. Unbelievable.

The site must be designed by the people who brought us healthcare.gov.

I'm waiting for my email confirms. Not optimistic that it will all work out with the shows. And so many nights with no shows!! My last two cruises were Oasis and Allure. Not used to having no shows. I would think they'd add some. We'll see.

Given the price of this cruise, I'm having second thoughts about this whole thing. The whole point for me with "Dynamic Dining" is to get to eat when you want. Not at 9:00 p.m. or 5:45.

You can also book onboard. On our first RC cruise we weren't aware of booking in advance. So we were told just wait in another line the day and time of the show you want- they sat us without any problem as "walk ins". You might not get the best seat in the house, but many people who reserve change their minds and you can see the shows as walk ins. Also, the restaurants do not list all of the openings on line- and just make a bee-line to the restaurants of your choice and book on-board.

It will work out! I am an optimist!

Enjoy your cruise!

You won't have any problems if you try to reserve times after 2am. I have all my reservations completed and it was very fast during those early morning hours.

You're one of the few lucky one that was able to navigate the new & improved cruise planner. Besides limited dining slots, I can't even get a list of shows & times. It tells me to book on board, and if I have to wait that long I'm not sure what we'll end up with. I haven't done it as early as you, but have tried multiple times at 4:30am with no success.

That is a great idea, but I am sleeping at 2am. I am a teacher and a mom and value my sleep. I shouldn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to make my dining reservations 300 days in advance. That is crazy.

That is a great idea, but I am sleeping at 2am. I am a teacher and a mom and value my sleep. I shouldn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to make my dining reservations 300 days in advance. That is crazy.

I agree. In all my attempts today, I could only book 1 entertainment slot. Even when I called DD, they were having trouble. I was able to cancel a reservation, but I cannot rebook it with anything else.

Had all my dining and entertainment booked this morning. This afternoon they are all gone like I never reserved them. Always print a copy of everything, but I was already late for work so figured I would do it when I got home. Hope they show up again tomorrow!