Allure sailing Ft. Laud restaurant Recommendations?

We are sailing on the Allure on Sunday and will arrive Saturday May 17. Anyone have a recommendation for a good, moderately priced Steak or Seafood Restaurant in the Ft. Lauderdale/Dania area?

Edited by larka

I'm on the same cruise and would also be interested in dinner suggestions. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express on State Road 84 and will be without a vehicle, so at the mercy of cabs or the hotel shuttle.

15 Street Fisheries (which has a water taxi stop too) is near the port and excellent. Bimini Boatyard also. We have enjoyed Mango's on Las Olas Blvd as well.

Basically, if it's a chain name you recognize, avoid it; lots of good seafood and steak places in Fort Lauderdale :)

Edited by LMaxwell

We are sailing on the Allure on Sunday and will arrive Saturday May 17. Anyone have a recommendation for a good, moderately priced Steak or Seafood Restaurant in the Ft. Lauderdale/Dania area?

You will find a lot of helpful information on the Florida Departures Board. There is also a sticky for Fort Lauderdale restaurant recommendations.

Use the Water Taxi to do a little sightseeing then have dinner at one of the water taxi stops (including Bimini BoatYard or 15th Street fisheries at 17th street).

Check the Water Taxi websites for participant restaurants that give a discount with your Water Taxi ticket!

ken

Does anyone on this thread know how close the water taxi stop would be to the Embassy Suites?

Where would we walk to get it?

Do you have to buy tickets ahead of time?

Thanks

Sea Ya

Does anyone on this thread know how close the water taxi stop would be to the Embassy Suites?

Thanks

Sea Ya

http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/

There is the main site with map of stops, schedules, ticket info, etc...

I will suggest Coconuts, food is great and its right on the water and very close to the port

Bimini Boatyard is right across from the port

Market 17 is a good restaurant right at the port

all of these above offer steaks and amazing seafood

My favorite Mexican restaurant Carlos and Pepe's is a block away from the port - great steak fajitas and best margaritas

Edited by purplethorn

These are all great recommendations. 15th street fisheries is a favorite ... Casual downstairs and more fancy $$$ upstairs.

A couple others ...

Rocco's tacos on las olas is excellent. They make fresh guacamole table side. Although there can be a wait, they text you when your table is ready so you can enjoy a stroll down las olas. Very authentic Mexican food.

Saturday night will be busy there. So go early or they will take reservations if your party is large enough. I think over 4 people.

Big city tavern is also awesome. Also on las olas. Try the strip steak and one of the many craft beers or great wines. Also many seafood options. They take reservations through open table. Very lively, fun place with a great menu.

For a nightcap, walk to American social after dinner on las olas. Craft beer bar.

Have fun no matter what you decide. You have a lot of wonderful options here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ksawyercruiser

Lot's of good restaurants. Where you are staying and your transportation options would be helpful in pointing you in the right direction.

Thanks

Sea Ya

The closest one to the Embassy Suites is at the Hilton Marina on 17th Street. Go straight down 17th Street towards the beach, cross over to the left side of 17th Street before the drawbridge.

I'm on the same cruise and would also be interested in dinner suggestions. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express on State Road 84 and will be without a vehicle, so at the mercy of cabs or the hotel shuttle.

Try Anthony's Runway 84 you'll be right down the street.

http://runway-84.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have eaten at many great places in Ft Lauderdale. Their are a lot of great options on Los Olas Blvd. one of my favorites is Aruba. It is located in Lauderdale By the Sea. Right in the beach.

Sent from my iPhone