Brilliance OTS Western - Grand Caymen or Key West Route

My choice would be Key West. I've been to Grand Cayman, and since I'm not a beach person it was ok (although it is pleasant - and HOT!). But, DD & I really enjoy Key West and have been there several times. Even with my mobility limitations. the center of Key West is walkable. We poke around the shopping, have been to the Butterfly Conservatory and should we go back, will go to the Hemingway House. The beginning of Route 1 is there and the Southernmost Point (good photo op), ad of course, conch fritters and Key Lime Pie! Have fun figuring out which cruise to book (we're headed to Bermuda again in the fall)!

What are the other ports? Key West is cool...but it's usually not a very long stop...just 5-6 hours.... I can imagine being from Maine, the Keys would be exotic, but it's still America.....I would prefer going to someplace else!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Which would you pick and why? I've been to Grand Caymen once before but never to Key West.

Definitely come to KW. You get to dock, unlike waiting in line and tendering in GC, and you can wander a lot further from the dock with still plenty to explore and do. The fact you've never been here just seals it.

CB at Sea - the other stop for both itineraries is Cozumel.

We'll probably get our shopping in when we go to Cozumel so we'll be looking for good sightseeing or a nice sailing/catamaran tour on our other stop. My wife has never been to either stop.

Keep the thoughts coming!

We usually try and take whatever route will take us to Key West. There so much goin on but if you want to relax you can do that too. The shops are reasonable, the food is amazing, and there is usually just one other ship there. We also vacation in Key West, we try for once a year, but sometimes its once every two years. Living in FL already helps on the travel front but I woudn't pass up Key West for anything....so serene!

I never tire of Key West. Until recently we had friend who lived there and we would meet up if it was one of our ports. our son also served on the Naval Air Force Base there and we spent time whilst visiting him. We also did an Elderhostel program and saw things most tourists never see. I can always find something new to see and do.

We (Mainers) just chose the Key West, Cozumel itinerary because we don't want a tender port in 2015 (Grand Cayman). Sometimes cruisers can't tender in due to weather conditions.

We were on the Enchantment this year and could not tender in to CoCoCay due to high winds- so we just had one port- Nassau- which was really good, but we had so looked forward to visiting CoCoCay again and 2 ports are more fun!

Another vote for Key West. Had a great time on the Key Lime Bike tours. Don't like to take the chance on a short cruise that the port stop is cancelled if it's not possible to tender at Grand Cayman.

I vote for both....makes a great b2b....:D or in my case am doing the Grand Cayman itinary in Dec...and Key West in April with my sister's...

Cruise lovers think alike. We are doing the Key West itinerary in Nov... and Grand Cayman next March. Been to both before and still love those stops.

Which would you pick and why? I've been to Grand Caymen once before but never to Key West.

Both are great stops. If you like the beach, Seven Mile Beach is one of the nicest anywhere. Eating in Grand Cayman can leave you with a shock to the wallet however.

Key West has a lot of history and we just love the atmosphere and the train tour. I wish they spent more time in port than they do.

Disclaimer: I'm not a beach person.

My vote would be Key West. I haven't been there as a port on a cruise yet, but I've stayed a few nights. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to go back, even for just a day trip on a cruise.

Didn't really care for Grand Cayman all that much.