Ultimate Balcony Dining ?

Cruisecrazy25

Sorry if this has been asked! I tried using the search button and couldn't find my specific questions :)

1. What is included for the price?

2. Is the menu what they are serving in the dining room or is it a special menu?

We are thinking about doing this for our honeymoon on our June 7 CB cruise! Especially since we got upgraded to a Caribe balcony :)

Searching the Princess forum I found many discussions about the UBD:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=50610767

Also found this on the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/ultimatebalcony/

To me it's a wonderful experience and something we like to do whatever we have a balcony cabin. That's a great upgrade to enjoy a UBD on your honeymoon cruise. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Do it! We traded our 1/2 bottle of French Champagne for a full bottle of Asti Spumante :eek: YUM!

Before your dinner you will be contacted regarding the menu. My husband and I like different things and Princess accommodated us with no problem. It is a great experience.

Enjoy your cruise (and Caribe balcony)!

Sorry if this has been asked! I tried using the search button and couldn't find my specific questions :)

1. What is included for the price?

2. Is the menu what they are serving in the dining room or is it a special menu?

We are thinking about doing this for our honeymoon on our June 7 CB cruise! Especially since we got upgraded to a Caribe balcony :)

It's a special menu. The room service supervisor will meet with you the day before to discuss the menu options. They came and set up a table on our balcony and it was set up including flowers. Then the photographer came and took our photo. I have a small portable speaker that I used for music. They monitor your meal and bring and replace courses as needed. Remember it includes a half bottle of French Champaign which was nice. A very enjoyable evening. Highly recommended.

I made advance reservations on the Princess Web Site using points from my Princess CC.

I also did the champaign breakfast which comes with enough food for 4 people.

Enjoy!

Tom:)

Do the balcony dinner without hesitation. !! You will have the photographer come before dinner and then receive 8 X 10 photo in a couple days. They will take a few , you pick the one you like . Appetizers,

wine (we switched out the champagne), pre dinner cocktails, surf/turf, filet, etc. Wonderful desert - presented very elegantly. Salad , bread, some other appetizers, etc in there too.

We have done it three times, will do so on next cruise as well. Very

special dinner and evening!

Congratulations !!

Look at your itinerary and pick a day you prefer...for example...maybe a sea evening....or one where you leave a port early...rather than 7PM....so you do not feel rushed or too tired...

I know I picked sunset over Bermuda for one of the three times my husband and I did UBD.....on our cruises....

They usually stick to a 6 PM or 8 PM time....

Make sure your camera is charged up...our photographer was very late the evening of our Bermuda dinner...and the waiter took some pics for us...before the sun totally set

.and his pic turned out to the the best of all the pics we ever got on an UBD evening...

We did the UBB once....for free thru Princess credit card points....but we chose sailaway from Venice...so it really was a perfect time to do the UBB....

Since it is your honeymoon, and you have a Caribe balcony...definitely do it!

I do not think you will be dissapointed!

Bernadette

Does anyone know the price? I see references to $100 per couple...is that still correct?

Yes, it is $50 per person.

We once hosted the UBD for 8 persons and it was a terrific evening.

Mike:)

I read that it's available on "select balconies," what balconies do they mean please? It sounds like a wonderful experience...

I've never read that statement & have enjoyed it on balconies ranging from 9'x9' to 9'x4'. :)

I know this may be a stupid question but do you know if the dinner would be cheaper if we skipped the champagne? I am thinking of surprising my mum for her 80th birthday but neither of us drink and it seems a waste to pay for something we will not drink.

Edited by cdnphotogirl

I know this may be a stupid question but do you know if the dinner would be cheaper if we skipped the champagne? I am thinking of surprising my mum for her 80th birthday but neither of us drink and it seems a waste to pay for something we will not drink.

You may only get an accurate answer when talking to the onboard room service supervisor who may have some discretion to make that change. The more expensive ($95-$115/pp) Chef's Table reduces the price by $15/pp for those not drinking alcohol. They have exchanged the half bottle of champagne for a full bottle of wine that cost the same ($32) so maybe they'll do something for a UBD without wine.

Hopefully it works for you & even though I've never heard of it happening, it doesn't hurt to ask nicely about it. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've never read that statement & have enjoyed it on balconies ranging from 9'x9' to 9'x4'. :)

Sorry I had it wrong, it doesn't say select balconies, it says: "Ultimate Balcony Dining available in select staterooms." This is in the Princess restaurant and dining options PDF from their website...we will definitely try to book it, it sounds like a great evening...now just to find somewhere to stash our son for that time ;) .

Sorry I had it wrong, it doesn't say select balconies, it says: "Ultimate Balcony Dining available in select staterooms." This is in the Princess restaurant and dining options PDF from their website...we will definitely try to book it, it sounds like a great evening...now just to find somewhere to stash our son for that time ;) .

Thanks for the clarification. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions re the Ultimate Balcony Dining. First, is it only offered on sea days, or can one do it on a port day or an overnight stop? Also, we will be on the Grand Princess in a Premium Balcony cabin on Caribe in Sept for the RT Vancouver California Coastal. Would that larger balcony be large enough to have a table for four for the UBD?

Two questions re the Ultimate Balcony Dining. First, is it only offered on sea days, or can one do it on a port day or an overnight stop? Also, we will be on the Grand Princess in a Premium Balcony cabin on Caribe in Sept for the RT Vancouver California Coastal. Would that larger balcony be large enough to have a table for four for the UBD?

It's offered every day & if your cabin is a larger Caribe deck balcony it'll large enough for your group,

Edited by Astro Flyer