Blu and waffles and extra calories.

welshfamily

We have travelled AQ for our past 3 cruises and have never had any food which was not on the Menu. Here on CC we have read about 'special requests'. Our needs are met, on the whole, by Blu's menu however I love the waffles. Has anyone asked for waffles?

Also is it acceptable to bring one of those little tubs of peanut butter from the Oceanview to have on a bagel. My son needs the extra calories for medical reasons and usually we either stop first and fill him up with pastries at Cafe Bacio or go up to the Oceanview after breakfast and drink a coffee, and maybe a waffle:D, whilst he has a selection of Danishes, sticky buns etc. However, on our 14 day cruise this summer we have a lot of early starts and this is going to prove difficult. Advice please.

We have travelled AQ for our past 3 cruises and have never had any food which was not on the Menu. Here on CC we have read about 'special requests'. Our needs are met, on the whole, by Blu's menu however I love the waffles. Has anyone asked for waffles?

Also is it acceptable to bring one of those little tubs of peanut butter from the Oceanview to have on a bagel. My son needs the extra calories for medical reasons and usually we either stop first and fill him up with pastries at Cafe Bacio or go up to the Oceanview after breakfast and drink a coffee, and maybe a waffle:D, whilst he has a selection of Danishes, sticky buns etc. However, on our 14 day cruise this summer we have a lot of early starts and this is going to prove difficult. Advice please.

We often take a few of the little peanut butter tubs back to our room to have on crackers later. I see no reason why you couldn't take them into Blu to put on a bagel....but I bet if you asked your waiter there to bring you a couple he/she would gladly do so.

A special order for waffles in Blu probably wouldn't do well if they don't have a waffle iron there. But a request for peanut butter should be very easy for the staff and I'd be very surprised if they didn't have some immediately on hand.

I have read where passengers have asked for waffles and etc. One morning I asked about it and was told it was not available. I just wanted to see if I could get them and didn't push it. Other than that I have never asked for anything not on the menu, I just don't feel as if I need special privledges or attention.

I always grab a coffee from the coffee shop and take it to Blu and sometimes drinks that I don't want to wait for or is not available.

🍸🍺🍻

Waffles are not available in Blu. We go to the buffet one time to enjoy them fresh....Blu does have great french toast!

If you let Blu know about the peanut butter cups, they may be able to stock them for you, so u don, t have to bring them...

I think it depends on the ship? On some ships, doesn't Blu share a kitchen and on some they do not? On the Summit, I made a comment about wishing they had waffles on the menu. Even though I had already ordered something else, a few minutes later they brought me a waffle, and every morning after they asked if I wanted one - no issues. LOVED Blu on the Summit.

On Reflection, I didn't ask, but in general Blu was much busier and more crowded and even a request for another plate of bacon seemed to strain them. So, I didn't want to push it.