Great Flight prices from IAD

Vitality08

I hope this isn't against the rules but...

Frontier is currently having a sale to celebrate their new direct flights leaving from IAD to 14 destinations. Some include Fl destinations and the prices look really great.

The flights are for this fall, so if you have a cruise booked and live in the DC area check them out to see if the sale works for you.

*I don't work for any airline, just trying to help folks out.

I hope this isn't against the rules but...

Frontier is currently having a sale to celebrate their new direct flights leaving from IAD to 14 destinations. Some include Fl destinations and the prices look really great.

The flights are for this fall, so if you have a cruise booked and live in the DC area check them out to see if the sale works for you.

*I don't work for any airline, just trying to help folks out.

Keep an eye on United as well. They may drop their prices in order to "defend" their hub at IAD. It's fairly common for the big airlines to do this when new competition comes in.

Oh please let United drop prices! I need to get to Asia in Feb. and they fly the only nonstop (along with partner ANA) to Japan and other points in Asia out of IAD. :D

Watch the add-ons! baggage fees and carry-on fees with Frontier? and are the dates really limited to a short period of time.

I just love a price war -- but price wars are as scarce as hen's teeth now.

Southwest and AirTran fly many of the same routes as Frontier from the WAS area (BWI/DCA/IAD) plus there is JetBlue out of DCA and huge SWA hub at BWI. Parking at DCA is more expensive than BWI and I don't park at IAD because I park for free at cousin's;). All the cheaper airlines seem to sell one way segments so can mix and match airports/airlines etc. depending on what works.

Oh please let United drop prices! I need to get to Asia in Feb. and they fly the only nonstop (along with partner ANA) to Japan and other points in Asia out of IAD. :D

Watch the add-ons! baggage fees and carry-on fees with Frontier? and are the dates really limited to a short period of time.

I just love a price war -- but price wars are as scarce as hen's teeth now.

Frontier does not fly to Asia. It's a domestic LCC. Any "price war" would be on domestic routings from IAD.

This Frontier sale is purchase by May 17, 2014 and fly by November 19, 2014.

Edited by 6rugrats

Frontier does not fly to Asia. It's a domestic LCC. Any "price war" would be on domestic routings from IAD.

This Frontier sale is purchase by May 17, 2014 and fly by November 19, 2014.

Beat me to the punch. United isn't going to cut fares across the board. Only on routes that they compete with Frontier on. And that's still an "if" they reduce prices, not "when".

Doesn't Frontier, as part of its process to be a full low-cost carrier, have fees for carry-on bags now?
Yes, that's true. You get a free "personal item", but depending on the fare basis of your ticket, you can be charged for both carry-on and checked bags.

Specifics can be found HERE.

All somwhat confusing, IMO, but that's the result of a) consumers being completely "lowest price" driven, and b) government taxation differentials between fares (and I use that in the technical sense) and fees.

I know that Frontier is not international. Just hoping a price war goes like the flu and hits everywhere:p.

It is getting more and more difficult to find the actual cost of anything. Piling on of fees and taxes from all levels of government and then there are the added sums. Hotels you think you have a price and then find your next night is basically 100$ higher because it is a Friday or a Sunday or you are only staying 3 days. Rental cars quote a per day fee that sounds great but by the time the bill comes and they charge you for extra driver or tax to pay off the airport rental facility the great deal isn't! From what I read, this is going to be even more confusing for air tickets as some of the rules are changing that once helped the consumer know what the price really is. Do a search for a flight on ITA matrix and take it to the last screen where the price breakdown is. See that list that is 1/2 page long -- that is what is adding to the cost of travel. The motto of "tax the passerby not the guy who stays here and votes" is alive and well and I have the paperwork that proves it.