Wines by the glass menus?

neptuno

Any chance you have a better pictures of the white wine prices...I just see most of the names, but no prices for whites? This is very helpful and shows some variety available on both packages.

I just returned from a cruise aboard Infinity out of Harwich. I did not have a beverage package and found the prices of wine and all alcohol to be outrageous. We spoke to people who had stayed on from the previous TA sailing and noticed the change in prices with our sailing. They asked and were told that the prices now included the gratuity since UK passengers would not approve of the additional gratuity. Apparently the new pricing was much higher than an additional 15% tip would be.

I don't think that I saw a glass for under $11 and it was a very cheap and not great wine. These were the wines used for the Elite drink vouchers we were given as well.

We just got back from Infinity also after a b2b TA and British Isles. The prices of wine skyrocketed on the British Isles cruise. Many wines went from $8.50 to $10.50. By my calculation that is much more than a 15% tip. We asked the food and beverage officer and were told "it was a decision from corporate." He said nothing about about gratuities. We didn't have a beverage package either, and we think they are trying to make up for so many people being given "free" beverage packages by charging the rest of us outrageous prices. Big mistake. Many of us, including me, either didn't buy alcohol, or cut back on the amount we would usually drink.

Please disregard my previous post...I see the white wine prices now...thanks much. But I'm still confused. You say the allowances are 10.50 and 15 for the classic/premium package...is that with or without gratuities because the prices you posted do NOT include gratuities as stated at the bottom of the last picture.

Please disregard my previous post...I see the white wine prices now...thanks much. But I'm still confused. You say the allowances are 10.50 and 15 for the classic/premium package...is that with or without gratuities because the prices you posted do NOT include gratuities as stated at the bottom of the last picture.

Yes thats a printing/proof checking error by Celebrity on their menus. The prices shown definately include the 15% service charge and no one was charged a tip on top of those prices.

So for sailings not from the UK the classic level is $9 for wine and the premium level for wine is $13 and the wine prices on the menu will be shown without the service charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork
added info

Just wanted to update this, as we just completed a cruise on Solstice May 16th. The premium package is now allowing $14.00 per glass of wine, without the service charge.

So for sailings not from the UK the classic level is $9 for wine and the premium level for wine is $13 and the wine prices on the menu will be shown without the service charge.

Yes thats a printing/proof checking error by Celebrity on their menus. The prices shown definately include the 15% service charge and no one was charged a tip on top of those prices.

One thing I noticed on the Rose selection was the Beringer White Zinfandel, on my Silhouette cruise last June the MDR price for this was $5.50 + 15% gratuity, this is the one thing I can remember as both my wife and daughter were drinking this with dinner. This equates to $6.33 including gratuity so if the price is now $8.50 including gratuity this is an increase of over 34% so very much above what you would expect. I wonder if this is the level of increase across the board or is a one off but certainly somebody else on a B2B has mentioned that prices increased dramatically on their 2nd leg so it makes sense to have one of the alcoholic packages.

Just wanted to update this, as we just completed a cruise on Solstice May 16th. The premium package is now allowing $14.00 per glass of wine, without the service charge.

Sadly, we seem to still have inconsistency and confusion about the drink packages. Perhaps the $14 was before they rebooked at the packages and clarified the classic package on my 19.

Edited by ghstudio

One thing I noticed on the Rose selection was the Beringer White Zinfandel, on my Silhouette cruise last June the MDR price for this was $5.50 + 15% gratuity, this is the one thing I can remember as both my wife and daughter were drinking this with dinner. This equates to $6.33 including gratuity so if the price is now $8.50 including gratuity this is an increase of over 34% so very much above what you would expect. I wonder if this is the level of increase across the board or is a one off but certainly somebody else on a B2B has mentioned that prices increased dramatically on their 2nd leg so it makes sense to have one of the alcoholic packages.

I fear its an example of big price rises. Certainly those we spoke to on our trip that didnt have a package were shocked at the drink prices. Seems like they want people to buy a package or buy a cruise when a package is offered as an incentive.

Here are the MDR wine by the glass prices last week on Eclipse. These include the 15% tip and the cut off for the packages is $10.50 max for Classic and $15 max for premium. Sorry the pics are a bit poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pictures are great:)

Could you possibly post a picture of the wine by the glass list from the specialty restaurant (preferably Murano or Tuscan).

Thanks.

The pictures are great:)

Could you possibly post a picture of the wine by the glass list from the specialty restaurant (preferably Murano or Tuscan).

Thanks.

Sorry we didnt go to any speciality restaurant.

We just got back from Infinity also after a b2b TA and British Isles. The prices of wine skyrocketed on the British Isles cruise. Many wines went from $8.50 to $10.50. By my calculation that is much more than a 15% tip. We asked the food and beverage officer and were told "it was a decision from corporate." He said nothing about about gratuities. We didn't have a beverage package either, and we think they are trying to make up for so many people being given "free" beverage packages by charging the rest of us outrageous prices. Big mistake. Many of us, including me, either didn't buy alcohol, or cut back on the amount we would usually drink.

Celebrity changed the wine per glass limit to 9$ on Classic package. That is possibly the reason for the new pricing. 9$ + 15% gratuity is 10,35$ so they have adjusted prices a bit.

Celebrity changed the wine per glass limit to 9$ on Classic package. That is possibly the reason for the new pricing. 9$ + 15% gratuity is 10,35$ so they have adjusted prices a bit.

I don't know how they figured it out, but there is only one glass on the menu for less than $9.00, the Beringer White Zinfandel at $8.50. Everything else is $10 and up.

I don't know how they figured it out, but there is only one glass on the menu for less than $9.00, the Beringer White Zinfandel at $8.50. Everything else is $10 and up.

The list is from a U.K. originating cruise therefore the prices include gratuity (despite what it may say at the bottom of the list) hence the cut off point for Classic is $10.50 NOT $9.