UBP Price Increase

SeaShark

Perhaps NCL should include a refillable water bottle with the package as the amount of bottled water consumed and the garbage that this would create would be problematic.

I doubt they would do that for hygiene reasons. It beats me why people pay thruogh the nose for bottled water when the ship's water is purer than most bottled waters.

Personally, I prefer my water flavoured with hops and alcohol...:rolleyes:

Perhaps NCL should include a refillable water bottle with the package as the amount of bottled water consumed and the garbage that this would create would be problematic.

That's a great idea. Perhaps NCL should supply each person with a grolsch so we can eliminate the need for beer cans and bottles. BTW how come the empty water bottles are not a problem for other cruise lines ?

I'm still getting the UBP with the price increase but please please please stop making us sign every single time we get a drink. Do other cruise lines do this?

Of course they do. How else would they be able to ensure that the drinks were given to people who paid for the package vs given to those who paid by the drink vs just given away...or even stolen?

I'm still getting the UBP with the price increase but please please please stop making us sign every single time we get a drink. Do other cruise lines do this?

I want to sign so that it shows on my account. I want an accurate total of what I would have spent had I not purchased UBP.

The issue (for some) is that the process they use to purify the ships water makes it more likely you will have water retention issues. It goes away when the cruise is over, but for those sensitive to bloating it may be a little uncomfortable.

I like bottles of water simply because you can't (well, aren't supposed to) refill your own at the fountains on board due to health issues (noro, etc). I don't consider bottled water a deal breaker in the beverage package, but it was nice to grab a couple before getting off the boat on my Royal cruises (where I had the package).

I doubt they would do that for hygiene reasons. It beats me why people pay thruogh the nose for bottled water when the ship's water is purer than most bottled waters.

Personally, I prefer my water flavoured with hops and alcohol...:rolleyes:

Of course they do. How else would they be able to ensure that the drinks were given to people who paid for the package vs given to those who paid by the drink vs just given away...or even stolen?

Celebrity swipes the card, no need for a signature.

I want to sign so that it shows on my account. I want an accurate total of what I would have spent had I not purchased UBP.

When the server swipes your card your picture comes up on the screen. If they're doing their job, I did say if, one quick look at the picture and you should solve the stolen card issue. When they swipe the card it also creates a record of the purchase in your folio so you do have a record of the purchase. Celebrity is doing it right, and saving some trees in the process, no paper being wasted. :)

The issue (for some) is that the process they use to purify the ships water makes it more likely you will have water retention issues. ).

Can you clarify?

When the server swipes your card your picture comes up on the screen. If they're doing their job, I did say if, one quick look at the picture and you should solve the stolen card issue. When they swipe the card it also creates a record of the purchase in your folio so you do have a record of the purchase. Celebrity is doing it right, and saving some trees in the process, no paper being wasted. :)

Not sure why I was quoted there... I couldn't care less if I get paper or not. I just want my card swiped for my account record, so I'm glad it is. Has nothing to do with fear of stolen card or desire to collect pieces of paper.

I quickly answered a question about the self serve wine dispensers on the newer ships and I told the member that they were included in the UBP...well they WERE back in November on my last cruise....

now it the new regulations it says the wine stations are NOT included...:mad:

I know I can get wine by the glass at the bars, but I found it very convenient to have dispensers on the ship, look at the bottles, the grape variety, the region, etc... and make my choice.

I wish someone cruising right now on the "new" UBP will have tried it and can report to us !

For my GF and I, wine and Martini's are making this UBP worth it :p

In the new ubp is it not included or does it have to be under 10? The last line of what you can not get is kinda confusing.

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay."

Yes :confused: I feel like it should have been a period after " ...vending machines" instead of a comma. Now that would make more sense...

I wonder what was the regulation BEFORE the change...I know for a fact that it was included in our UBP...just wondering what was the phrasing before :confused:

Edited by sebas030

How else could you add the tip? I know gratuity is included, but we always add a buck or two to our tab (to get better service). I don't carry cash around.

I'll have to dig up the link again, but I believe that it has to do with the water being desalinated. Reverse osmosis removes the impurities, but it doesn't always do a good job of removing the excess sodium.

Some people claim that newer ships do a better job since their filtering/desalinization equipment is newer.

The problem is made worse with high (than normal) sodium foods, which you may be eating onboard even if you are watching your calories.

Can you clarify?

Email from NCL this morning. UBC is now $54 if purchased in advance. They won't be getting my money. Does anyone know the price of bottled water. That's pretty much all I drink anyway. Maybe one or two alcoholic drinks and then not every day. Coffee only with meals. None of the beverage packages would pay for me. Even on the 15 day cruise I'm taking. Will drink my beer in Mexico. Sorry Norwegian.

After much thought weighing up costs , i purchased it at 279 UK Pounds for my upcoming Epic trip. Although it seems quite expensive , hopefully be no nasty surprise on my On Board Account. I can try most drinks and not feel bad if i don't like them, a couple mimosas at breakfast as well as soda ill hopefully get the value out of it

Edited by Keith.W

I am a travel agent and this is what I received today from NCL.

Pre-Purchase Our Ultimate Beverage Package and Save!

Sip on unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise for only $54 per day*.

From classic martinis and margaritas to mojitos and piña coladas, the Ultimate Beverage Package offers a wide range of delicious cocktails made with premium spirits, including Bacardi Superior rum, Grey Goose vodka and Jose Cuervo tequila, among others. Purchase the package online today and save $5 per day off the price on board.

Plus, with water and soda packages for kids and teens to wine and beer selections for adults, we also offer a wide selection of fantastic beverage options designed for guests of all ages.

Thanks to Norwegian's multitude of beverage options, it's easier than ever to stay refreshed. Bottoms up!

The terms say the package covers "all bars". Think that includes the ice bar on Breakaway?

Nope...

You pay a "cover charge" that includes 2 drink. You don't pay the actual drinks...kinda :rolleyes:

We did it and I would not do it again. Not because of the cold...hey I live in Montreal ;) but it is basically a meat freezer about 12X12 with 2 ice sculpture and a ice bar. The drinks are not very good...IMHO. Limited choice of drinks, all pre-made in big plastic bottles. Only thing cool about it was the ice glasses you drink from.

Just back on Breakaway. We are pretty good drinkers, but mostly beer. Spent around $450 on alcohol this trip. Of that, $150 was the Viva Vino package for 6 bottles of wine. 7 buckets if beer at around $34 or so made up the bulk of the rest. I'm glad we didn't go with the UBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just back on Breakaway. We are pretty good drinkers, but mostly beer. Spent around $450 on alcohol this trip. Of that, $150 was the Viva Vino package for 6 bottles of wine. 7 buckets if beer at around $34 or so made up the bulk of the rest. I'm glad we didn't go with the UBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,

For beer drinkers I really think the package is not worth it. You would have to drink about 12 beers a day to break even, not that it's not doable...but then I would spend half my cruise peeing :p

To really make it worth, you have to get mixed drinks and wine.

Hope you had a great cruise !

Edited by sebas030

I am a travel agent and this is what I received today from NCL.

Pre-Purchase Our Ultimate Beverage Package and Save!

Sip on unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise for only $54 per day*.

From classic martinis and margaritas to mojitos and piña coladas, the Ultimate Beverage Package offers a wide range of delicious cocktails made with premium spirits, including Bacardi Superior rum, Grey Goose vodka and Jose Cuervo tequila, among others. Purchase the package online today and save $5 per day off the price on board.

Plus, with water and soda packages for kids and teens to wine and beer selections for adults, we also offer a wide selection of fantastic beverage options designed for guests of all ages.

Thanks to Norwegian's multitude of beverage options, it's easier than ever to stay refreshed. Bottoms up!

I got the same email I am still on the fence because it does include soda and drinks so trying to figure you would need to drink 4 sodas a day and 6 alcohol drinks ito make it work and everyone in the room has to buy that's 108.00 per day