!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Great review so far, however, I don't see any pics?????

That's what I thought. Try using a different device, or maybe even just a different browser. It might even be a slow connection. While I compress my pictures a lot, they are still about 200kb each, just keep that in mind.

Great review and just in time, I leave next Sat 5/24/2014, cant wait for the menus and Fun Times, I also now use a Nex-7 after down grading from a NikonD800 and D3 before the D800, and I love the Nex-7. You maybe the one that made me change after seeing some of you reviews pictures.

Yeah!!!! Another Gambee review. I am really looking forward to this one as I am thinking about trying CCL again after a long hiatus.

Bill

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

At about 11:45am Faster To the Fun FTTF started boarding. Several CC members of our role call had purchased it, I had not. I think this is a good time to talk about FTTF, I 100% DO NOT ENDORSE this program on the Carnival Breeze. While it may seem very tempting and like you’re getting a good deal, let me tell you something. It is not a good deal at all. FTTF boarded at 11:45am, Zone 1 boarded at 11:50 and Zone 5 boarded at 11:55am. I kid you not, I took notes of the times and it just does make any sense to me why anyone would purchase this option.

Hey Gambee! Great review so far. Can't wait for the rest! I just thought I would give a perspective on FTTF from someone who used it.

We shelled out the $50 and it ended up being worth it for us (explained below), but I think it would have been a complete waste of money if we hadn't had the random issues that we had. Tendering at GC was quick and easy, no FTTF needed there.

A) We dropped our luggage off, dropped our rental car off, and walked over the bridge (we like to exercise) to get to the port and half way through, the wheel on my carry on broke and I had to drag it a half mile. Haha. Because of this, we were a little later getting to the port, and quite a line had formed to check in. FTTF allowed us to skip this line, but if you get there early like we had planned to, you won't run into this issue. We ended up boarding right as they called Zone 1, so not any faster than people without out FTTF, but we would have been in zone 20-something without the FTTF. Also, the broken wheel was a big pain in the butt, so being able to drop my carry on off (even if only 30 minutes early) was nice.

B) A waiter dropped a tray of strawberry daiquiris down our backs at the Divas show, ruining our formal dresses. We ended up at customer service 5 or 6 times trying to get that taken care of, so skipping the line there was awesome.

C) At 10:00 pm on the last night of the cruise, my sign and sail card stopped working. I went down to Guest Services and there was a line of, I kid you not, 50 or more people. Apparently their systems went down and when they came back up about 25% of the guests cards didn't work. I skipped to the front there too (which angered a small mob of people, but guest services calmed them down and explained the FTTF perks to them). I was in and out of line in less than 5 minutes.

I feel like it wasn't a waste of money for us since we used it so much, but these were random, strange circumstances that I don't anticipate running into again, so I don't think I will purchase FTTF next time. Our next cruise is a family cruise with 3 cabins booked, so it certainly won't be worth $150!

At about 11:45am Faster To the Fun FTTF started boarding. Several CC members of our role call had purchased it, I had not. I think this is a good time to talk about FTTF, I 100% DO NOT ENDORSE this program on the Carnival Breeze. While it may seem very tempting and like you’re getting a good deal, let me tell you something. It is not a good deal at all. FTTF boarded at 11:45am, Zone 1 boarded at 11:50 and Zone 5 boarded at 11:55am. I kid you not, I took notes of the times and it just does make any sense to me why anyone would purchase this option.

Hey Gambee! Great review so far. Can't wait for the rest! I just thought I would give a perspective on FTTF from someone who used it.

We shelled out the $50 and it ended up being worth it for us (explained below), but I think it would have been a complete waste of money if we hadn't had the random issues that we had. Tendering at GC was quick and easy, no FTTF needed there.

A) We dropped our luggage off, dropped our rental car off, and walked over the bridge (we like to exercise) to get to the port and half way through, the wheel on my carry on broke and I had to drag it a half mile. Haha. Because of this, we were a little later getting to the port, and quite a line had formed to check in. FTTF allowed us to skip this line, but if you get there early like we had planned to, you won't run into this issue. We ended up boarding right as they called Zone 1, so not any faster than people without out FTTF, but we would have been in zone 20-something without the FTTF. Also, the broken wheel was a big pain in the butt, so being able to drop my carry on off (even if only 30 minutes early) was nice.

B) A waiter dropped a tray of strawberry daiquiris down our backs at the Divas show, ruining our formal dresses. We ended up at customer service 5 or 6 times trying to get that taken care of, so skipping the line there was awesome.

C) At 10:00 pm on the last night of the cruise, my sign and sail card stopped working. I went down to Guest Services and there was a line of, I kid you not, 50 or more people. Apparently their systems went down and when they came back up about 25% of the guests cards didn't work. I skipped to the front there too (which angered a small mob of people, but guest services calmed them down and explained the FTTF perks to them). I was in and out of line in less than 5 minutes.

I feel like it wasn't a waste of money for us since we used it so much, but these were random, strange circumstances that I don't anticipate running into again, so I don't think I will purchase FTTF next time. Our next cruise is a family cruise with 3 cabins booked, so it certainly won't be worth $150!

I guess all experiences are different, but from what I gathered on our cruise, it was just not. Maybe if I arriving late to port I would considered, but I have had a hard time trying to justify extra expenses as such.

Also guest service was very fast in this cruise, and just a pleasure to deal with. More on that later. I dont think I will ever purchase it, well at least for now. If things change in the future, then I would consider it.

Either way it is not like Carnival is having a hard time selling these. In our cruise they sold out months ahead of our sailing, and everyone rates it 5 stars.

So I guess its just my opinion vs thousands of others :D

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Totally agreed. I won't buy it again and would have felt like I wasted $50 if not for our crazy issues. I am not a person who typically minds lines, so it would really only be worth it to someone who hates waiting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

The great Gambee! After sailing NCL Breakaway last year we are trying MSC Divina this August. We looked into the breeze and couldn't pass up Divina's prices. Hopefully we won't regret this decision. Great to have another review Gambee.

Send from Danny

The great Gambee! After sailing NCL Breakaway last year we are trying MSC Divina this August. We looked into the breeze and couldn't pass up Divina's prices. Hopefully we won't regret this decision. Great to have another review Gambee.

Send from Danny

Prices on the Divina are indeed very tempting. I had to cancel my August 9 Divina Cruise, but it is very likely that I will rebook again for the same date. We just need to to get things settled before I make the move. There have been a few good reviews on her lately, maybe MSC finally corrected all their issues and her running good now.

To bad they are going to pull out next summer, honestly I think they are taking major hits with those prices. And opening the US division must of cost them major bucks.

Anyway hope you have a great cruise.

Working on the next set, running into some youtube issues that I need to correct.

Sorry Folks.

Yea.....Gambee is back.:D I will be following along with your review, that's the good part. The bad part is, I will never get any work done now. :eek: But, that's OK, I'm retired and can get my work done whenever I want. :p;)

Gwen :)

Couldn't have been more excited when I woke up this morning and saw that you had started your review. I'm a Carnival newbie also and although I'm sailing on the Dream in July, I can't wait to get your take on Carnival in general. This will only be our 3rd cruise and I was a little worried since my first cruise was Disney and then Royal. However after reading such great reviews and New Orleans being only 2 1/2 hrs from where I live, I couldn't pass it up. Looks like your impressed with Carnival so far so I can't wait to read the rest. Thanks again in advance for all the time and effort it takes into putting such a fantastic review like this together!! Oh and I also bought FTTF because there's such a great hype that you'll miss out if you don't have this perk. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out for myself!!

Wow! Gambee! I didn't know you were going solo!!!! Well, anyways welcome to the club! How did you like it. I love it because I am very social and make friends quite easily, although I don't like the cost of going solo, so if you run into a great cost for solos please let me know. Now, I am going to get back to reading your fabolous review.

Wow! Gambee! I didn't know you were going solo!!!! Well, anyways welcome to the club! How did you like it. I love it because I am very social and make friends quite easily, although I don't like the cost of going solo, so if you run into a great cost for solos please let me know. Now, I am going to get back to reading your fabolous review.

I will get into this as the cruise evolves, unlike you I am a little introverted. I am not entirely sure that solo is for me, but it is not ruled out of the equation either. Again I will comment on it as I keep on writing.

I post all deals that I come across with on my Gambee facebook account. I follow numerous groups, so the odds are that if a good deal is out I will know within minutes.

Edited by gambee

I ate my burger, sat there for a little while and then decided to go to the room and drop off my 30 lbs carryon :D. It was heavy as hell!!! I had all the drinks in there and computer with camera equipment.

Ok folks so here is video tour from my cabin in the carnival Breeze.

Ok, lets see the cabin. I was overall satisfied with my cabin. I had a lido starboard balcony cabin, the location was just amazing. I have to admit that I did not understand the obsession over these rooms, but now I see why they are so popular. The location is just great, near the elevators, food, bars, serenity, water works… You name it and the odds is that you could get to that place in a minute or two.

As far as the room goes, please take this next paragraph with a grain of salt. This is only my opinion and nothing more. I honestly did not care for the room decor that much, I think of all my cruises this room was the one that seemed the most plain of them all. The bathroom decor was even worse, I did not care for the blue counter at all… However, the room is pleasant to the eyes and relaxing so that part is good. The one thing that I loved about the room was how spacious it was, I definitely felt that there was more space available when compared to X, RCCL and NCL. Disney however is still the largest by far!

But like I said, I did love my room. The fact that I did not care for the decor had no impact on the cruise, after all, I am not buying the room ;).

Oh I forgot, thermostats aboard ships work half of the time. They take long times to adjust and it takes me forever to find a temperature I enjoy. The Breeze was no exception, I think I adjusted the room temperature like 4 times a day :D, lol.

Happy to see another Gambee review coming! We are sailing the Breakaway later this year and really enjoyed that review. Sailed Silhouette last year. Starting to feel like we take the same cruises. ;)

I really enjoyed my first solo earlier this year but my life circumstances are different. I have three teens and a DH so I need to recharge by myself occasionally. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

No need to reply, I'll wait for day 2. :D