Recent Suite Cruises - Current unpublished perks?

need2bespoiled

Now I am going to have to rethink the reservation I have for this August on the Summit. The bathtub sounds a bit scary! :O I am recovering from knee replacement surgery and quad surgery and have NO desire to hurt myself getting in and out of a steep tub!! :O :(

I truly think if you are careful- you will have no problem. You have been made aware of the tub so get in slowly. Perhaps you can ask you DH or the person sailing with you for assistance if you are concerned.

You will enjoy the beautiful Suite!! Worth a little extra effort! We will also be on the Summit in a CS in August!

Enjoy your cruise! Love the picture from Jenna!!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I agree about the bathtub being very steep and not very accessible. We are doing the CS on the Summit this August, and will have the butler bring us a step stool as I am not very tall and do not feel safe entering and exiting the tub.

Will report back regarding perks for CS in August.

When we were in the Celebrity Suite A Cruise Critic friend suggested I bring a rubber bath tub mat. One for the floor the other for the tub. Got them in the Dollar General. they worked great and only cost 2 dollars. I am 5'1", long body very short legs.

Victoria

Now I am going to have to rethink the reservation I have for this August on the Summit. The bathtub sounds a bit scary! :O I am recovering from knee replacement surgery and quad surgery and have NO desire to hurt myself getting in and out of a steep tub!! :O :(
I have MS and besides having the tub mat, I was instructed to always enter the tub the same way you should enter a car. Put your butt on the side (doesn't have to be flat), swing one leg over into the tub while keeping your other leg on the floor for balance, then once you are situated, repeat the same action. Then you are completely in the tub uninjured. Use the same motion to exit the tub...Hope this helps.

Victoria

When we were in the Celebrity Suite A Cruise Critic friend suggested I bring a rubber bath tub mat. One for the floor the other for the tub. Got them in the Dollar General. they worked great and only cost 2 dollars. I am 5'1", long body very short legs.

Victoria

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sitting on the side of the tub and swinging one's legs over is a wonderful idea, and I really would have liked to have done that. I did not, however, find sufficient room to do this. DH and I used a tub mat (supplied by X) inside the tub to reduce the possibility of slipping while entering and exiting the tub. It definitely makes it easier. Having a stool, again, would be awkward with the amount of room available. It is really a small amount of room. We don't have knee problems, but we are both 70 years old and short. It did work for us with a small amount of effort. Our neighbors were older and a bit infirm, and I didn't hear about any issues with their use of the tub. Remember, the inside of the tub is higher than the floor level in the bathroom. The design of the bathroom is just flawed.

I wonder exactly what new space will be used for it. I asked a month ago and got this reply. Initially I read it to be taking over part of select dining space, but now read it to say its a new space being used...

A dedicated private restaurant will be reserved exclusively for Suite Class guests and will be available morning, noon, and night. The restaurant exclusively for Suite Class guests will be located in a newly created space just off the Main restaurant. On Millennium Class ships, the restaurant will be located on Deck 5 Port side. On Solstice Class ships, it will be located on Deck 4 Port side. Sky Suites and above will have access to the private restaurant.

I noticed that as well

Deck 5 Port on M Class - if in the MDR would be where Blu is now

Deck 4 Port on S Class - would be upper level MDR Select area

I noticed that as well

Deck 5 Port on M Class - if in the MDR would be where Blu is now

Deck 4 Port on S Class - would be upper level MDR Select area

The image below is the Infinity deck 5 and we were on it in Feb/March this year. Blu did NOT take up all of the port side on deck 5. If all the M-class did Blu the same, there is an area that is open and I think was used alternately as overflow from fixed dining and/or select dining(shaded in blue below). I can see that area easily being converted to the suite dining room . The suite guests would use the same entrance as Select and simply walk around.

There are approximately 50 suites with a double-occupancy capacity of 100. The area in question would easily seat 70-80 people at any given time. Even if no suite guests took advantage of free specialty restaurants or ate on their balconies, that should be plenty of room.

suitediningroom2-vi.jpg

Edited by bob278

Hi Cathy - Not sure if we are the "lovely couple you met", I am sure we must have been!!!!!

To the OP: Whilst we absoutely loved the suite, all the space and added extras, Michaels club was a bit too quiet for us. If you are travelling with friends who are not in a PH/RS or CS suite, you can not have a drink with them in Michaels club. The perk of free drinks 24-7 was nice and we did use this sometimes, however as we were Elite we prefered to use our vouchers to drink in other bars such as the sunset bar, and sky lounge with friends. If you are not Elite plus, you can ask for a speciality coffee in Michaels club, and the waiter will go to Cafe Al Baccio to obtain one for you.

As stated, we were Elite at the time, however we only received the Elite coupons (and not Elite plus) whilst in the Royal Suite. We did exchange the complimentary bottle of whiskey for another type of liquor, as we do not drink whiskey.

Gareth, the concierge in Michaels club, did arrange for private functions in Michaels club, which included a meeting with the Captain and Senior officers on one of the formal nights, ipad/iphone classes, photography class, art appreciation etc etc. Whilst not all of the activities were of interest to us, it was a very nice added extra.

Overall, we really enjoyed the luxury of a Royal Suite, and hope it is not too long before we cruise again in this suite in the future.

Celebrity continue to be our first choice for cruising, with two more booked later this year.

This is good to know. The last time we were in a Royal Suite, we asked to exchange the bottle of Whiskey also, but were told it was not possible by our Butler. Could you tell me what other type of liquor they will let you exchange for the Whiskey?

This is good to know. The last time we were in a Royal Suite, we asked to exchange the bottle of Whiskey also, but were told it was not possible by our Butler. Could you tell me what other type of liquor they will let you exchange for the Whiskey?

We exchanged ours for a bottle of Bacardi rum.

We were able to change our two bottles for beer and water. We had 2 RS is our group, so our friends kept the bottles and we traded for 20 beers and 5 large bottles of water. We weren't too concerned about the exact value of the trade, we just knew that we wouldn't be able to drink all four bottles between the group (we also had drink packages, so it was nice to be able to have cocktails and beers on our balcony)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank You for ALL the posts on bathtub safety!! :) :)

I truly DO appreciate it! :)

I can bend my knee, I am just so afraid of slipping, that's how I ended up with a ruptured quad one month after knee replacement surgery!! :O :(

I am still thinking about it........

We were able to change our two bottles for beer and water. We had 2 RS is our group, so our friends kept the bottles and we traded for 20 beers and 5 large bottles of water. We weren't too concerned about the exact value of the trade, we just knew that we wouldn't be able to drink all four bottles between the group (we also had drink packages, so it was nice to be able to have cocktails and beers on our balcony)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for your replies. :)

Thank You for ALL the posts on bathtub safety!! :) :)

I truly DO appreciate it! :)

I can bend my knee, I am just so afraid of slipping, that's how I ended up with a ruptured quad one month after knee replacement surgery!! :O :(

I am still thinking about it........

The room is so great, I would just be careful, and go for it!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I've exchanged liquor but only ask when I also have a PREMIUM beverage package, not when I have to pay as I go or if I stick with only the Classic package. They have swapped out for Grey Goose and Maker's mark for me, but again, only when I had a PREMIUM package, and they had to wait until we left port and were in international waters (so they told me) but on my TA, the Suite concierge made the arrangements in advance as per the email they send out in advance asking what they can do that I replied to.

YMMV...

• 3 weeks later...
I've exchanged liquor but only ask when I also have a PREMIUM beverage package, not when I have to pay as I go or if I stick with only the Classic package. They have swapped out for Grey Goose and Maker's mark for me, but again, only when I had a PREMIUM package, and they had to wait until we left port and were in international waters (so they told me) but on my TA, the Suite concierge made the arrangements in advance as per the email they send out in advance asking what they can do that I replied to.

YMMV...

Thank you! That is excellent to know!

Are children allowed in Michaels? We are traveling with teenagers and a toddler. They certainly wouldn't "hang out" in Michaels with us but if we were having drinks, I'd like to know if they could come sit with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Equinox in April and used Michael's most days for pre/post dinner drinks. We enjoyed it.

An English family came into Michael's most evenings,also. Their teenage daughter was most always with them. No questions asked about her age. She ordered sodas and/or virgin "umbrella drinks".

Are children allowed in Michaels? We are traveling with teenagers and a toddler. They certainly wouldn't "hang out" in Michaels with us but if we were having drinks, I'd like to know if they could come sit with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, children/teens are allowed in Michael's. (Just got off Solstice this past Friday).