Hotels in Southampton

The Dolphin if you want something different to the standard square boxes. It's at the bottom of the high street, and my first choice.

Novotel and Ibis are near the station and walkable unless you have a ton of luggage, and 2 or 3 travelodges spread out over the town.

Edited by SwissDave

My mum and dad are cruising from Southampton next week and I booked them in the Holiday Inn. They have a hotel, train and cruise package which includes a taxi from train station to the hotel, then from hotel to port and then on return from the port back to the train station so it might be worth you taking a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Premier inn west quay is where I always stay when sailing from Southampton, it is about a 10 min walk (with cases) maximum from station or max 5 min taxi ride. Same distance in taxi to most of the ports

I stayed at the Premier Inn before my cruise in January. Although "no frills" it was all I needed. Great location if you need to do any last minute shopping before you cruise. Should be only a few minutes taxi ride to the pier providing traffic is not bad.