1st time cruiser with ? about price adjustment

We are very excited to be going on our first cruise next month, June 19th. My question is I have noticed they now have a police discount for this room (which we would qualify for as my husband is a chaplain for our local city and county PD, and the fire dept.) and a the price has dropped. I called to ask about it and the customer service rep told me since it was past my final payment day, April 19th, they could not adjust price or give me on board credit. We ordered our cruise through Royal Caribbean on the phone in March. So my question is, what are my options? We booked a large oceanview room on deck 4 and I see the balcony rooms are available at same or less now, has anyone had success getting their room upgraded when prices have decreased?

Thanks

Edited by saved4ever1

If the price of a balcony is the same then you can upgrade to a balcony as long as the prices are not for new bookings only. Just call them and do it - if I knew which sailing I'd advise you on which cabin to pick!! If the price is less you just won't get a refund - and if it is a bit more you'll need to pay the difference. Good luck!!

as long as its not promo deal for new booking and same as you paid already

or you could pay the difference between

we had a cruise last year and prior to sailing they dropped 100 per person

the price didnt work out the same for higher cat stateroom but I was able to pay diff, because it was after the final payment date (they stick pretty tough to that rule, as I experienced and heard)

if it is with the discount that price is better or same? I have no idea if they would go back and honor discount.

perhaps the right cust service rep can get something done for you, if they never asked or mentioned during phone booking about police etc discount

best of luck and if it doesnt work out, just enjoy your cruise :cool:

Yes.... by all means upgrade! We do it all the time. I am leaving on Fri. on Rhapsody. We are eligible for Interline (airline discount) rates. We had a balcony, and then, after final payment, the interline rate was released. We upgraded to a JS and all I lost was a $100 OBC as Interline isn't eligible for "Future Booking." So there may be some restrictions like that. But as others have said, if it isn't restricted to something that would disqualify you, then you'll get a straight upgrade with no problem. You might even look at a suite and see, you may be able to upgrade for little extra.

But by all means call them and see what you can do.

I believe that the OP's cruise is the 4 day Vision leaving on June 19.

:)

And BOY are there a lot of cabins left! :eek:

Call RC and ask for the better cabin.

Must correct myself:

The website did that weird thing where you click on one cruise, but it is actually one of several, and the pricing shows for a different cruise.

In other words, although I started out pricing the 6/19 cruise, the site flipped to the 9/11 cruise.

The only balconies available on 6/19 are "guarantee". I am not at all sure that RC will let the OP upgrade to a "guarantee" category.

But it still won't hurt to ask. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

+1 for having good experiences upgrading cabins after final payment. We've done it a couple of times.

It make us really happy- first- we were ok with the stateroom + price at one time. So getting a better one for the same price- bonus!

Thanks for the tips, I called today and she CS rep said I should keepwatching, not many balconys available right now, but as the prices drop others with balcony rooms may upgrade to suites and then we upgrade to balcony.

I'll keep my eye on the rates and call again in 2 weeks! I think it will be worth it!

Thanks for the tips, I called today and she CS rep said I should keepwatching, not many balconys available right now, but as the prices drop others with balcony rooms may upgrade to suites and then we upgrade to balcony.

I'll keep my eye on the rates and call again in 2 weeks! I think it will be worth it!

If you want to get a balcony don't wait 2 weeks to call again. You need to check every day at least once per day. As soon as they take the guarantee off and here are actual cabins available thn hat is the time to call. If you wait you could miss out as things change often.