Allure Review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/11 Sailing

Great review! We are on the Allure in about a month and can't wait! One question: has RCI gone the way of Celebrity in not having people check out the pool towels and just having them available? I hope so because it worked real well on our recent Silhouette cruise.

Great review! We are on the Allure in about a month and can't wait! One question: has RCI gone the way of Celebrity in not having people check out the pool towels and just having them available? I hope so because it worked real well on our recent Silhouette cruise.

No more pool towel checkout on Royal.

Your all welcome, I be continuing my review of course.

Travelfan75 its funny because when we were disembarking the ship i said to the family this is a wonderful perfect ship to do back to back cruise.

BobbyD- Yes the Allure has the very same thing as Celebrity regarding the pool towels. The only problem is that towels are no longer in the cabins to bring ashore you have to get the at the pool before you get off if you should need one.

IMG_0715_zps1ebd543c.jpg

DSCF0604_zps9977bbae.jpg

DSCF0605_zpsbd566145.jpg

IMG_0580_zps0ea3d9fe.jpg

IMG_0576_2_zps910d6bdc.jpg

Edited by lyndamr

Hi Lynda. I have to respectfully disagree about the boardwalk being stuffy and uncomfortable. This has rarely been the case during my 3 Oasis class cruises.

Central Park is great but there have been times that there has been no breeze and it can get quite warm due to this area being closed off except for at top.

As for the crew party on the boardwalk, this is the first time I've heard of this happening

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

I completely agree with Bugsy. We had a boardwalk cabin the first week of April and we had a constant breeze when sailing.

I enjoyed being able to see the ocean and not paying the premium price for an OV balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 1 Boarding:

Our luggage did not fit under the bed (we both had 25" pieces) but we were able to stack them up in the closet bottom shelf and our tote bags easily fit under the bed.

I found a tip on CC in another review about luggage under the bed. If you open your bag and slide it under it will fit. We had two 29" bags that only fit because I opened them.

Thanks for writing a review. I know it's a big commitment of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks JXS, yes I live with multiple medical conditions and one of them has flared up badly up and has slowed me from being here often to finish this review but I am determined to get it done for everybody.

Yes, you could keep your suitcases open but I had plenty of room in the closet, what I did was lie them down flat not upright and still had enough room that allowed the clothes to hang. Its a good option for those who need more room.

Ali,

I have a photo of the rising tide bar unfortunately its a big foggy but it get you the feel lol

The rising tide bar goes from deck 6 to 8. It takes only a few minutes to go up from one floor to the other, its really neat. We went there once a day usually in the late afternoon and they make wonderful martini's too. Sorry the photo hasn't come out but I figured it give you an idea what it looks like, you must try it.

IMG_0663_2_zpsb36d9360.jpg

Edited by lyndamr

I completely agree with Bugsy. We had a boardwalk cabin the first week of April and we had a constant breeze when sailing.

I enjoyed being able to see the ocean and not paying the premium price for an OV balcony.

Another vote for Boardwalk balcony. We had 10717 (7 cabin from the aft) end of April and always had the breeze. Nice view of the ocean and the AquaTheatre, and full view of the boardwalk. Enjoy seeing the carousel!

No noise once you close (and lock!) the balcony door, and we are just above JohnnyRockets, opposite Rita's Cantina.

You can have ocean view any ships. You can have park view any cities. You can only get BOTH ocean view and boardwalk view on the Allure/Oasis.

Sent using Tapatalk. Sorry for typho.

I only like sea view balconies, after all I am on a cruise I just want to see the sea not people's balconies right opposite mine and seeing other people sitting on their balconies. When I was walking around Central Park and Boardwalk, I noticed a lot of people hanging clothes on their chairs to dry, it was not very nice looking at that, reminded me of grandma's clothesline outside in the yard when I was young. lol The only time I want my curtains drawn is when I sleep so the morning light won't wake me up. At least we all have our choices you have to love this class of ship!

LETS TALK ABOUT BREAKFAST, I am hungry lol

We had 5 breakfast in the Windjammer. There was an excellent variety and I found the food to be very good with a handful of exceptions which is normal to have as we all like and want things differently. They also added a few great features for breakfast here.

First I must tell you all that on this ship they are VERY SERIOUS about using sanitizer, I love this fact! You no longer just walk into the Windjammer and fine yourself a table and get food, there are two lines, one on starboard the other on port side of the ship to enter the windjammer. On each line is a staff member holding a container of sanitizer and specifically making sure each passenger uses that, they spray it into your hands and make sure everybody has sanitized their hands, love love this concept since too much has been going on lately on ships with people getting ill.

There may be a line that you would say would take forever to get a table but don't be discouraged. The first morning we went here for breakfast there was too many people for me on the lines, but I decided to wait and so glad I did because it only too 5 minutes to get a table it was extremely fast! You no longer have to walk around finding a clean table never less finding a table and your actually seated at a table. Many people have post that the windjammer was packed and too small we never felt this, I think they felt this way because they might of stood in a line to get in, but never did we feel she was too small and never did I have anymore than 2-3 people ahead of me getting food and waiting to get mine. RC has it pretty down pact on how to spread out the food, they have stations of different foods and two of each station, again, I am going to stress it was painless and simple to get all and any food.

Breakfast was the same items daily here.

ITEMS AVAILABLE IN WINDJAMMER FOR BREAKFAST:

Hard boiled eggs

Fried eggs (yes this is a wonderful idea you no longer have to order fried eggs but just get them right at the buffet as if you get your bacon such an improvement) and they were over medium

Omelets were already made you no longer have to wait to get an omelet and the type of omelet changed daily

Bacon (big disappointment, because every morning the bacon was cooked so crispy that you never found an entire slice of bacon, it was in pieces but it was fine)

Ham carving

Corned Beef Hash

Stir fry veggie

Fried Rice

Potatoes (not greasy very very good)

Sausage (breakfast type)

Cold Cut meats and tomatoes and slices of cheese

Some type of fish (I don't eat fish so I didn't pay attention)

Oatmeal/Grits

Cereal

All types of breads, muffins, croissants, toast, bagels, english muffins, breads with piece of fruit, etc.

Yogurt

Regular and Chocolate Milk

Coffee and a variety of teas

cottage cheese I believe

Scrambled eggs (they were decent tried a little bit but I prefer fried eggs)

Fruit

I believe there were some grains like granola not sure only because I didn't pay much attention as I need to be gluten free

There were other items I just can't recall but everything you really can ask for in breakfast was there. My daughter and other half's favorite thing to eat was to make their own egg mcmuffins each morning looked very good if only I could have gluten lol.

Unfortunately this was the only cruise ever I never taken pictures of the windjammer or food I am sorry.

SOLARIUM FOR BREAKFAST:

This is where if one such as myself needs to be gluten free ( I also have to be dairy free) will find a bit difficulty in getting items for breakfast. This is suppose to be healthier breakfast.

Scrambled eggs

Turkey bacon (it looked horrible it was pure red, now how does the turkey get red, must be chemicals and dies I believe), but I did try a piece it was good, chewy but I rather not have a n artificial bright red purplish color on my bacon.

Turkey breakfast sausage

Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat

Some fresh fruit and some fruit that looked like it came out of a can/jar

Cereal

Breads (toast, english muffins, bagels, etc.)

We had breakfast here once, I could not find anything to eat so after the others finished I went to windjammer for my breakfast.

PARK CAFE:

We had breakfast here once, it was very pretty in the Central Park, listening to the recording of various birds and crickets and such, so tranquil. There always seemed to be a light breeze and there are tables inside Park Cafe and you may use any of the chairs/tables outside to eat. Although I did enjoy sitting out here for breakfast again I found nearly nothing to eat as I need to be gluten and dairy free. I did manage to take three egg mcmuffins, took off the muffin part ate the egg and ham (they were already pre made and handed to you, all you have to do is mention what you wanted and how many and it was personally served to you).

I did not notice any scrambled eggs here, I could of missed it

Egg McMuffins

Bagels, toast, muffins, etc.

Fresh fruit that was served in cups

Yogurt

Cereal

No breakfast meats or potatoes here

The choices were very limited compared to the windjammer

JOHNNY ROCKETS:

Ok, please know this is my review and my opinions and advice. I am simply going to say for MY FAMILY AND MYSELF that we never would eat in this establishment mainly because its a fast food type place and we don't eat in places like this. My sister took me to a Johnny Rockets once for late night snack in Ft. Lauderdale at the Hard Rock Cafe shops and when my other half and I picked up that burger we had grease pouring down our arms from it, lets just say we never go back and no we didn't eat that burger either.

Johnny Rockets is at the Boardwalk section of this ship. Its neat and clean and attractive, but the breakfast menu is so so limited. I never noticed this place to have more than a handful of people at a time, it appeared nearly empty most of the time.

ROOM SERVICE:

There is a menu that you can place outside your door prior to 2am that will be delivered to your cabin then there is regular room service, I never looked at either menu as we didn't need to.

Edited by lyndamr

Enjoying your review and photos.

Funny about Johnny Rockets, I wouldn't pay to eat lunch there but the breakfasts were great. We ate there 3 times on our allure cruise. The food was cooked to order. I can't imagine getting a fried egg or even the omelet from the steam table in the WJ. They are best made fresh.

1- One evening the crew has its crew party in boardwalk where that area is totally blocked off from 10pm and no passenger can enter that area during this time and day. It goes on to the wee hours from what I was told by two crew members and I assume it could get noisy.

I have not doubt you saw this. I've been n Allure twice and haven't seen it, or heard about it in any other review. I read so many reviews knowing I can learn something new from almost any review, but I truly have never heard of this one any ship. I wonder if its an annual thing or some other time period.

The fried eggs were made fresh they only placed about 30 eggs at a time in the pan and people took 2-3 eggs at a time, most of the time I had to ask for eggs as it was emptied but right behind where you find the eggs is the oven and they are constantly making fresh ones to put in the pan, they constantly come out. They were never cool either.

Billoh somebody somewhere also posted that they were on the same cruise as me and mentioned about the crew party out on boardwalk, the crew has parties from time to time and recognition parties also and the boardwalk is where they take place. I even knew what they had to eat, chicken only!! LOL I asked two crew members just joking to them whether they went to the party and they said yes and then I asked what they ate and both said chicken. There was another party another evening, our favorite place for cocktails was at the champagne bar so we got to know the two girls working there very well (we tip extra lol) and one left early said she was going to another crew party. Its common for the crew to have parties, it may not happen on a weekly basis though.

First I must tell you all that on this ship they are VERY SERIOUS about using sanitizer, I love this fact! You no longer just walk into the Windjammer and fine yourself a table .

Do you know for a fact they are doing this all the time now? I've read where they do this after a recent outbreak of illness, but you are the first to imply this is the new norm.

BillOh lets just say I am 51 and the Allure was my 53rd cruise, but taking the past four years and the cruises I have taken during this time period, yes, crew parties are common, usually just one per cruise. The crew needs to have some fun and air out, this happens on every cruise line, I just don't know exactly how often it happens but on Princess they have one a week and Carnival they have one every other week, I am not sure of the crew party schedule on RC.

Usually crew parties are done below in their area where they have their own bar, pool tables, game tables and entertainment area it really does't happen often on the passenger decks, although in April we went on a Carnival cruise and the rear lounge was blocked off one evening due to that ship having a crew party, now on the Allure they had the crew party in the boardwalk area one evening. It is a fact they do have these parties.

Edited by lyndamr

BillOh lets just say I am 51 and the Allure was my 53rd cruise, but taking the past four years and the cruises I have taken during this time period, yes, crew parties are common,.

I didn't doubt the number of cruises, how many on Royal Caribbean? In 10 cruises in 9 years, 2 on Allure (11 and 13) I've never seen this or seen it mentioned in any of the hundreds of reviews I've read on just Oasis/Allure.

We are a very outgoing friendly group who love to chat and interface with the staff.......bartenders, waiters and such. This information is not just given out to passengers on cruises but speaking to the staff the way we do, and from a few times seeing passenger areas blocked off which made us ask what was going on and was told crew party, this is how we get this information.

I been on a number of RC cruises probably 6 in the past 3 years plus other cruise lines too during this time.

Most passengers don't interact with the crew and ask questions...we ask about their hometowns, families at home, how long they been working for the cruise line, etc, we get some great information and learn new things about other countries and such just by talking to them. They love it when we show interest in their lives, they are not just staff to us but people only difference is they are working and we are not.

IMG_0607_zps79598f35.jpg

Edited by lyndamr

Ali,

I have a photo of the rising tide bar unfortunately its a big foggy but it get you the feel lol

The rising tide bar goes from deck 6 to 8. It takes only a few minutes to go up from one floor to the other, its really neat. We went there once a day usually in the late afternoon and they make wonderful martini's too. Sorry the photo hasn't come out but I figured it give you an idea what it looks like, you must try it.

IMG_0663_2_zpsb36d9360.jpg

Lyndamr..thanks!!! that looks fun:) I bet at certain times there is a wait to get on yes??

ali

]I only like sea view balconies' date=' after all I am on a cruise [/i'][/color]I just want to see the sea not people's balconies right opposite mine and seeing other people sitting on their balconies. When I was walking around Central Park and Boardwalk, I noticed a lot of people hanging clothes on their chairs to dry, it was not very nice looking at that, reminded me of grandma's clothesline outside in the yard when I was young. lol The only time I want my curtains drawn is when I sleep so the morning light won't wake me up. At least we all have our choices you have to love this class of ship!

I agree. On a cruise I like to be able to look out at the sea.

I have not doubt you saw this. I've been n Allure twice and haven't seen it, or heard about it in any other review. I read so many reviews knowing I can learn something new from almost any review, but I truly have never heard of this one any ship. I wonder if its an annual thing or some other time period.

They did indeed have this block party they called it and it was quite noisy the night they did, seems like about Thursday or maybe Friday night. It kept us up a bit but finally around midnite the noise stopped. We asked our good buddy Ariel at the Trellis bar.

As for Johnny Rockets, I agree it's a greasy spoon for lunch, but again, we loved breakfast there because it was so uncrowded. We have no limitations with food though. We loved the fried egg breakfast and The Works which is a hashbrowns, peppers, onion, cheese and ham gratain sorta...but was really tasty and not too greasy. Todd ate pancakes once. We ate there 3 times (breakfast only).

Edited by BecciBoo

Billoh somebody somewhere also posted that they were on the same cruise as me and mentioned about the crew party out on boardwalk, the crew has parties from time to time and recognition parties also and the boardwalk is where they take place. I even knew what they had to eat, chicken only!! LOL I asked two crew members just joking to them whether they went to the party and they said yes and then I asked what they ate and both said chicken. There was another party another evening, our favorite place for cocktails was at the champagne bar so we got to know the two girls working there very well (we tip extra lol) and one left early said she was going to another crew party. Its common for the crew to have parties, it may not happen on a weekly basis though.

They did indeed have this block party they called it and it was quite noisy the night they did, seems like about Thursday or maybe Friday night. It kept us up a bit but finally around midnite the noise stopped. We asked our good buddy Ariel at the Trellis bar.

(I was also on this cruise). Lynda or Becci, not sure if you guys caught Captain Johnny's announcement to the crew sometime between 11am and noon on Nassau Day. We were sitting at the Beach Pool, and Captain Johnny came on to commend the cruise on X number of days in a row without an accident on board (I think it was 60-something, but I really don't remember exactly). He said that based on that they should stay tuned for an announcement about a crew party.

I actually wasn't aware that the crew party ever took place until reading about it here on CC! We must have steered clear of the Boardwalk that night.

Hi Ali, no wait at all it was never crowded where we never found seats for all of us, the only time that it was crowded is during the disco/parade, Ken the cruise director goes up there and does some singing and getting his crowd all hyped up there. I will be posting a photo as soon as I talk about the entertainment which may be sometime today.

We went on it 6 days and it was nice and relaxing, it goes up rather slow two decks up and down. When you get to that destination, it does have a wait time of 15 minutes until it moves again, its open so your always seeing things on either deck.

Beatman- absolutely!! :p

Hi BecciBoo- thanks for showing our friend that there was a party indeed at the boardwalk. I think it was thursday evening but forgot lol. Your correct about Johnny Rockets being empty for breakfast but every time we were there we saw nearly nobody there. Honestly, the windjammer, solarium and park cafe was not crowded at all we always found tables everywhere. Its nice knowing we have a few options for breakfast not forgetting the main dining room which is available on sea days which we totally forgot about lol.

Wonder if anybody who was on this cruise at in the main dining room for breakfast and wonder what they offered there?

Hi Dave- We usually only went to the boardwalk to see the aqua show the first night which we got there late and to get a hot dog for a snack a few times. We went twice during two different days to the bar there for a drink, there was no breeze and it was pretty warm so we went somewhere else, other than also eating lunch at Rita's we didn't stay on the boardwalk a lot. We preferred Central Park a lot better.