sky suit vs mini suite

sdnich

How does the Sky suite on Reflection compare to the mini suite on Golden Princess? Have stayed in sky but thinking about booking w/ Princess because we wanted a short west coast trip for bday.Thanks for input

I have just booked a mini suite on the Crown and I think they are the same as the Golden. The cabin`s are about the same size but the balconies on X are larger. On Princess you get one glass of champagne on X you get a bottle. Also on X you get a Butler that will bring you special coffee`s in the morn, afternoon tea, and than pre dinner appetizers. He will help with anything you need. You also get one free Specialty Restaurant on 7nt cruise and two on 8 nt. or longer. I love the sky suites on X and have always had a wonderful Butler that made our cruise extra special.

I saw your post on Princess yesterday and the positive comments from others about Princess were good to here.We stayed in a sky suite in March and loved everything about it.The mini suites do not have a butler (which we loved) but not a deal breaker. Enjoy your cruise

I had the exact same question before we took our first Celebrity cruise as we had had minis on Crown and Emerald and loved the huge balconies from the"special" cabins near the aft. We booked a sky suite aft on Equinox to see Istanbul and loved it more than the minis because of the extra perks: butler, specialty dinner, anything we wanted from room service, priority boarding and tenders, Blu dining and special treatment everywhere.The sky suite balcony was a true aft plus some on the side. All in all, a nicer cabin, but it was more expensive than a Princess mini.We have booked Princess mini since and still think that is the best deal for us price-wise, but we did find a good price on a Celebrity Sky suite for Sept.You will like the sky suite!

I had the exact same question before we took our first Celebrity cruise as we had had minis on Crown and Emerald and loved the huge balconies from the"special" cabins near the aft. We booked a sky suite aft on Equinox to see Istanbul and loved it more than the minis because of the extra perks: butler, specialty dinner, anything we wanted from room service, priority boarding and tenders, Blu dining and special treatment everywhere.The sky suite balcony was a true aft plus some on the side. All in all, a nicer cabin, but it was more expensive than a Princess mini.We have booked Princess mini since and still think that is the best deal for us price-wise, but we did find a good price on a Celebrity Sky suite for Sept.You will like the sky suite!

We loved the sky suites I am worried the mini suite will be a big let down compared? I tried to get those special cabins near aft(the last two before aft?) But we're booked. We also loved Blu do the have a special restaraunt for mini suite .Thanks

There are no perks of minis on Princess except a glass of bubbly on embarkation from your steward. It would be a let down from a Celebrity sky suite. The extra room of a mini and tub are nice, but that's it. But comparing the prices of a Princess mini to a Celebrity sky suite, you would save quiet a bit on most cruises. We have never thought the Princess suites had much extra to offer other than space compared to a suite on NCL or Celebrity.

There are no perks of minis on Princess except a glass of bubbly on embarkation from your steward. It would be a let down from a Celebrity sky suite. The extra room of a mini and tub are nice, but that's it. But comparing the prices of a Princess mini to a Celebrity sky suite, you would save quiet a bit on most cruises. We have never thought the Princess suites had much extra to offer other than space compared to a suite on NCL or Celebrity.

Thanks for the info we will still have a great time but will slightly lower our expectations.Any cruise or vacation is a good one!!!!:D

That glass of bubbly must be something fairly new on Princess as we never received it but it has been 2 years since we cruised on Princess.

One of the differences is the cost factor. When we had a mini on Princess it was only $200 more per person than a BA balcony. The cabin was 50% larger and the blaconies were fully exposed to the elements. Don't know about any other special perks.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I've heard from many friends who have done Royal Princess and soon to be Regal. Veranda staterooms are tiny. No sofa, just 1 chair. They took a mini suite for some more room, probably the size of Celebrity regular verandas. Check out the square footage. One friend loved Royal, another hated it.

We have stayed in Mini suites on all our Princess cruises. :) The only things you get over a regular balcony are: glass of bubbly, bath shower combo, sofa, two TVs, and that is about it. Yes, more room. We enjoyed the sitting area as we tend to use the cabin probably more than most people. We cancelled a Hawaii cruise (yes, has one of the two near the aft minis with the huge balcony) on the Star to go to Australia/New Zealand with Celebrity. Couldn't cut a suite but are Aqua class and really looking forward to that. We love Princess and think we will be equally happy on X. Sure hope so!

We like the extra room because we also enjoy our room and deck.The mini suite for the four days was a good price and gives us another cruise before Equinox next Oct. In a sky suite.This will be our first year doing two cruises.I do believe we love cruising now!!!!!!! :D

I would go for the sky suite as it is wider then a normal cabin. Princess mini suites are the same width as a normal cabin. It is only longer then ten normal cabin and has a bathtub in it. If cruising after April 2015. Sky suites will also have access to the suite only restruant in addition to the existing perks you receive when in a sky suite